BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

09-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
M3_Maniac
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 SMG

New Member in need of some help!

Hello All,

I am a new member to this forum and although I know it is a E9X forum I am hoping there is someone out there who can help with an E46 issue I am facing.

I currently own an MY4.5 M3 SMG Convertible and desperately want an E46CSL. There is one car for sale here in OZ at the moment but after recently returning from the UK and seeing a number of low mile pristine examples for sale over there at far more reasonable prices I am trying to import one from the UK to Australia.

I am well aware of the issues and difficulties surrounding this and I know that my only 2 import options are via a letter of compliance (which I am to understand is all but impossible with BMW Australia) or via a Discretionary Approval from the Dept of Infrastructure.

In a thread I found while scouring the net I came across a member (NBTBRV8) who has successfully done this. As I am a new member I cant yet contact them to ask directly.

To me the E46 CSL is motoring in it's purest form and after driving one in 2006 it became THE car I must own one day. Sure there are plenty of faster cars out there including my own M3 BUT I have never driven anything that comes close to the CSL (in stock form anyway) that offers such a pure driving experience.

I am looking to keep this car for life so dont care about import resale etc. If there is anyone out there who can help me with info about bringing in a UK M3 to Australia I would really appreciate it.

Any members out there from WA give me a shout and maybe we can organize an M3 drive day????

Cheers, Nic
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
Time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Sent him a PM with a link to this thread
      09-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
M3_Maniac