BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

EXXEL Distributions

07-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
mgifford6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

Wheel Doctor Cincinnati Ohio

Just a heads up on the WHEEL DOCTOR in Cincinnati Ohio.

If you have BMW M3 Competition Rims with curb rash don't expect the WHEEL DOCTOR in Cincinnatin Ohio to fix them. Not because they can't fix them in fact they can but think it is too difficult to fix them especially if it is not an entire wheel repair and thus refuse to do the work.

The owner stated that he can choose what wheels to fix because he is the owner and BMW M3 Competition Rims just eat up to much of his time. He would rather fix rims that are easier on him and his crew. Totally his choice as the owner but I find it funny that on the website it doesn't list exclusions (rims they won't fix) rather it lists that he repairs BMW Rims. I also find it funny that he stated he is the only rim repair company certified near Cincinnati Ohio authorized to use and purchase the color associated with competition rims but once again refuses to do them becuase they are to difficult and take up to much time. I also didn't care for the fact that I called and spoke with the receptionist who said they could fix those specific rims only to get turned away after a 1 1/2 hour drive by the owner who doesn't want to do the work because it is too much. I wonder what BMWNA would say and if any BMWCCA chapters use WHEEL DOCTOR services.

Thought everyone should know so they don't waste gas driving there only to be turned away for Competition Rim repair. I'm sure they do other BMW rim repair but good luck figuring out what is too much work for the company.

By the way I had one rim with a dime size repair needed and another to be repainted. I don't know what all is invloved in rim repair but it doesn't appear to be a heavy workload.

Thoughts? Any other recommended rim repair locations in Ohio.

Last edited by mgifford6; 07-09-2014 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
mgifford6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Try wheel medic in columbus
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
Try wheel medic in columbus
Exactly. They do quality work. There are often cars much more expensive than mine in there for wheel repair. Also a lot of out of state cars / wheels.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #5
mgifford6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks. I'll give'em a try.
Appreciate 0