BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

EXXEL Distributions

09-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
cloud7Cal
Registered
Rep
Drives: E89

Anyone had their BMW tire wheel warranty denied?

I own E89 Z4 with 296 wheels which had multiple reports of cracks by many owners.
After doing some research on 296 wheels, I decided to buy BMW tire & wheel protection.
Long story short: I have a crack on my wheels, and some damage on sidewall. Thats what I've heard from my SA after bring in my car to the dealership with low pressure warning on.
My SA confirmed my wheel would be replaced, but not the tire under warranty.
I believe the crack might have cause the damage to the sidewall.
I realized it today that the protection program is Administered by Safe-Guard not BMW.
So I am guessing the inspector from Safe-Guard is refusing to replace my tires saying I was driving with my wheels cracked.
Does anyone with BMW tire & wheel protection have had similar experience?
My car is still in the dealership waiting for service, and I'm planning to visit there tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Port Canaveral M3 driver
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 M3 & 05 BMW R1200GS

Garage List
You really need to be an attorney to understand the small print on these protection/ warranty programs. Even the sales people have trouble explaining it to the buyer. I was just informed by my salesman, also the finance manager and other sales employees that the 2013 M3 Coupe has run flat tires and this is why there is no spare tire. With that in mind, you must try to understand the small print. I hope it works out for you as it is an expensive protection plan unless you happen to run off the road, hit rocks & rebar, shredding your tires and cracking your rims in half!
Appreciate 0