BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

04-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #23
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
yeah, I'm aware of what the differences between supercharger and turbochargers are, but the concept is exactly the same: compressing air....
+1 though the turbo uses waste energy from the cars exhaust, rather than using kinetic energy from the crank. Making the turbo more efficient. The turbo on the other hand produces and exerts tons more heat (by the exhaust) than a SC.. limp mode.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #24
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

The cars in the thread in the link provided are not having overheating issues! Take the time to read the thread..... There seems to be an electric fan issue on M sport 335's, and the engine temperature is actually low when this issue occurs.

M3takesNYC just loves stirring up shit and his information is usually not very factual..... Don't feed the troll!
      04-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #25
M3takesNYC
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

My point was not that they were undergoing the same problem with hpfp that plagued the e90 but rather even worse ANOTHER totally seperate and new problem causing widespread failures in terms of putting people in limp mode.

The point is after the fiasco involving so many people having problem with a single part, I would think they would make sure every damn part on the f30 was perfect but not the case. So now its the fan issue. Still a widespread issue within first year
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #26
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC
My point was not that they were undergoing the same problem with hpfp that plagued the e90 but rather even worse ANOTHER totally seperate and new problem causing widespread failures in terms of putting people in limp mode.

The point is after the fiasco involving so many people having problem with a single part, I would think they would make sure every damn part on the f30 was perfect but not the case. So now its the fan issue. Still a widespread issue within first year
Thats my buddys car. He now has the ppk and its running great and he also came to the track with us and it was not overheating like the previous gen cars. Its a 335i. On the otherhand a couple of friends have the f30 328i msport and sport and i had the base. On track days pushed hard, the oil temps didnt even budge. At all.
Appreciate 0