BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Closed Thread

11-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #67
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
your noobness is hanging out like crazy here. If you go to JD power for info, you've lost your cookies. Those are reviews from customers, they mail in the cards, some people drive one type of brand for years, JD's rating system has been proven to be flawed for years.

Back to your other comment...
Do you really think Nissan is going to make a silent diff and silent "tranny" as you say, I think these post that you make are further indications that you have little to no experience with the actual cars that you are talking about.
600hp and a really quiet "tranny"

Go spend some time at a car shop, or a race track and report back. I think you need to sign off M3post and go experience these cars in the real world.
numerous review of the 2012 GTR said that the ride in normal mode is now more comfortable to an acceptable level, the tranny is quieter, etc. so the car is in fact getting better after each revision.

there are lot of owners on NACTROG that love the noise of the tranny because it sounds like a race car tranny. so it is not a bad thing IMO depend on who you ask.

in any case, i want one.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #68
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspeed View Post
Ha ha ha, I agree with everything you said, however you left out these gems:

-No manual transmission was a deal breaker for me (Jeez, I wonder when the guys in F1 are going to revert to manual transmissions)
-When you point out that the M3's steering wheel and much of the interior is plastic and straight from a 320i you're told that it's superior plastic.
-The foot pedals are once again pilfered from an e 30 with no aluminum accents, but that's alright since you never fix what isn't broke.
-All this talk about superior build quality on the M3 without noticing the misaligned and huge panel gaps on the car.
I brought this up a long time ago. Nobody believed me. I am not alone in thinking the e9x M3's quality is absolute rubbish.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #69
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
numerous review of the 2012 GTR said that the ride in normal mode is now more comfortable to an acceptable level, the tranny is quieter, etc. so the car is in fact getting better after each revision.

there are lot of owners on NACTROG that love the noise of the tranny because it sounds like a race car tranny. so it is not a bad thing IMO depend on who you ask.

in any case, i want one.
People that haven't driven one won't know what I'm talking about. They'll continue in making ignorant comments. This is why I put people on ignore.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #70
Batman
Private First Class
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Why the f*ck are all these C63 AMG people on this forum. and especially this f*cking thread.
ya'll got no class.. why cant u guys just respect each others' rides..
i dont go around trash talking about C63's just cus i got an M3..
i totally think C63's are nice machines. we even got one in the family.
its just that i personally like BMW's better. so damn f*cking simple.
u guys shud go talk with my MOM instead cus she drives a f*cking C63 around..
sheesh..so f*cking annoying..

sorry peeps..for all the cussing and shizz..lol
it just straight up pissed me off.

2010 E92 M3 AW = M-DCT. Evolve Tune. Arkym lip/diffusor. Vorsteiner carbon bootlid. RD sport springs. APEX ARC-8. Hankook Rs-3. TechTec full catless exhaust. RPI scoops. BMC filters. V1 hardwired.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #71
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Why the f*ck are all these C63 AMG people on this forum. and especially this f*cking thread.

P.dizzle, fo shizzle
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #72
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
my MOM instead cus she drives a f*cking C63
That would be worrisome! But I guess some people in Korea know how to drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 02:35 AM   #73
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:

And u get put on ignore list for disagreeing with him. I din realized my M3's interior quality is rubbish?? How anybody can call this rubbish is beyond me. If you don't like what he says, u are not respecting his freedom of speech. This kid sounds like he is in his late teens or something. Too much time in his hands to go pissing in others backyard and too little brain to engage in any real argument.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #74
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:

We need to get back to hearing about your cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
And u get put on ignore list for disagreeing with him. I din realized my M3's interior quality is rubbish?? How anybody can call this rubbish is beyond me. If you don't like what he says, u are not respecting his freedom of speech. This kid sounds like he is in his late teens or something. Too much time in his hands to go pissing in others backyard and too little brain to engage in any real argument.
Hot|Ice is annoying as hell, I think he had or has a 328i and felt entitled to post all over M3post about how much of a POS an M3...so annoying!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #75
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Are you Sybil? --- you have a Porsche as your avatar, just bought a C63 and jizz over the thought of owning a GT-R......................and spend all of your time on an M3 forum.
Crap...all this time i thot his avatar is a VW beetle...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #76
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspeed View Post
Ha ha ha, I agree with everything you said, however you left out these gems:

-No manual transmission was a deal breaker for me (Jeez, I wonder when the guys in F1 are going to revert to manual transmissions)
-When you point out that the M3's steering wheel and much of the interior is plastic and straight from a 320i you're told that it's superior plastic.
-The foot pedals are once again pilfered from an e 30 with no aluminum accents, but that's alright since you never fix what isn't broke.
-All this talk about superior build quality on the M3 without noticing the misaligned and huge panel gaps on the car.
I brought this up a long time ago. Nobody believed me. I am not alone in thinking the e9x M3's quality is absolute rubbish.
I've had my 2008 e93 for 3.5 years, 39k miles and no problems ever with it, aside from software reprogramming for DCT about 2.5 years ago (which was under warranty and fixed the lag issue). Build quality is best I've ever had on a car - interior and exterior (and I've been driving for well over 20 years)...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #77
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

[QUOTE=graider;10888796]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
I'd like to see an objective link to prove that "fact".
My BMWs have had way more problems than my Mercs or my GTRs.
i agree with this. bmw reliability and quality control are terrible. i don't own an 92 m3, but the e46 m3 i owned was beyond terrible in this deparment.

my lowly acurra and honda just so much better than the m3 in this regards. the new m3 or any other bmw is probably the same IMO.

the m3 is nice, but after a few stupid issues and having stranded on the road a few times albeit always maintain it on time, etc, it just becomes annoying. i sold it. feel so much better now.

OP should da go with the 2012 GTR. it is improved in everyway over the previous model years. the GTR is getting better and better each year and I do like the 2012 look so much better. love it in blue or black with the black/red recaro seat on the black model. i'm impressed.

the only thing i wish the gtr has is the noise. but oh well not much you can do with these turbo cars in the exaust noise deparment. it will never be as good as an NA noise.

i'm hoping for Nissan to go porsche route where they would expand the GTR line up with different engine configuration such as Turbo, NA, DCT, manual. a GTR witht he 600hp V8 from the FIA gt1 car would be insane. this will solve the exaust note problem.[/QUOT

My buddy has had several mb's over past few years, including E55 and C63. E55 was in shop constantly.. C63 vastly more reliable than his E55, but it's been in the shop a few times already with less than 15k miles on it (he never told me why - but I'd be curious to know)
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #78
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
Crap...all this time i thot his avatar is a VW beetle...
I thought it was 2012 Beetle also Was always wondering about that. But now I looked it up it's 911 Turbo S
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #79
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Omg that is f'ing hillarious. Lol. Best pic ever.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #80
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
I thought it was 2012 Beetle also Was always wondering about that. But now I looked it up it's 911 Turbo S
A VW Beetle would have suited him to a 'T'!!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #81
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post

Why? Because you value aesthetics over performance? Or just because making cheap shots directed at the GTR seems to be your MO?

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #82
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: cars

[QUOTE=Powerslide;10897979]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post

i agree with this. bmw reliability and quality control are terrible. i don't own an 92 m3, but the e46 m3 i owned was beyond terrible in this deparment.

my lowly acurra and honda just so much better than the m3 in this regards. the new m3 or any other bmw is probably the same IMO.

the m3 is nice, but after a few stupid issues and having stranded on the road a few times albeit always maintain it on time, etc, it just becomes annoying. i sold it. feel so much better now.

OP should da go with the 2012 GTR. it is improved in everyway over the previous model years. the GTR is getting better and better each year and I do like the 2012 look so much better. love it in blue or black with the black/red recaro seat on the black model. i'm impressed.

the only thing i wish the gtr has is the noise. but oh well not much you can do with these turbo cars in the exaust noise deparment. it will never be as good as an NA noise.

i'm hoping for Nissan to go porsche route where they would expand the GTR line up with different engine configuration such as Turbo, NA, DCT, manual. a GTR witht he 600hp V8 from the FIA gt1 car would be insane. this will solve the exaust note problem.[/QUOT

My buddy has had several mb's over past few years, including E55 and C63. E55 was in shop constantly.. C63 vastly more reliable than his E55, but it's been in the shop a few times already with less than 15k miles on it (he never told me why - but I'd be curious to know)
Knock on wood, mine was never in the shop. The same goes for the BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #83
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

Quote:
This is so true. It's just like having a really fat bitch that gives u the best fucking head and will do other things that really hot girls won't. But at the end of the day you will feel embarrassed bringing her home to show ur friends and family.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #84
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I like the look of the gtr. Idk what u people are smoking
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #85
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
I like the look of the gtr. Idk what u people are smoking
While i would never consider buying the GTR cos it's not my cup of tea, i thot it looks kinda nice and sporty. Only complain is that it's too damn big. A size between the 370Z and GTR would do nicely and please, throw out the damn rear seats.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #86
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
This is so true. It's just like having a really fat bitch that gives u the best fucking head and will do other things that really hot girls won't. But at the end of the day you will feel embarrassed bringing her home to show ur friends and family.
bigger is better bish.

i think look is subjective, but for me the gtr is a more aggresive and artistic looking car than the tame looking m3 or the round frog look of the 911. it is a cool car in that it doesn't try hard to to look like the german rivals. it respects it japanese root and proud of it. that's how it i see it.

I'm pretty sure Nissan have more than enough talents to design a pretty car. but they chosed not to go that route. they designed the GTR with the boxy rough look on purpose and i just love it.

how can this be ugly? the front end looks like it going to eat you alive and most of the time you will spend time looking at that beautiful ass anyway. forget the egoist interior, just use the black edition interior for comparison sake (full leather wrap everywhere and that sexy recaro) is definitely sexy.
Attached Images

Last edited by graider; 12-01-2011 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 02:01 AM   #87
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

Quote:
I think it's a bit unfair to compare a 2007 model car to one designed 2 decades before it.. unfortunately all cars have been upsizing..

993 vs 997

R34 vs R35

and lets not forget that the current 1-series is close to the same size as the E46, the F30 is as big as the E39, the massive F10 5er, and so on..

Last edited by CAPSGOD; 12-01-2011 at 02:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 03:24 AM   #88
Topspeed
fast enough
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Cayman, GTR, M235, Boxster S,

Quote:
Not even remotely as funny as this one. It was so controversial that Bimmerpost saw fit to remove it and all comments associated with it. I don't see what the problem is. I wonder if it was taken outside the Blue Oyster with "El Bimbo" blaring on the radio? Woe to the guys from Autobild for making me cancel my order for the next M3 (based on this pic) and for making me throw up in my mouth lol.
Attached Images

Last edited by Topspeed; 12-01-2011 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread