BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-13-2007, 03:22 AM   #67
moss
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi RS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
I take it everyone has noticed that the next buyer will be the third owner on that car? I wouldnt be surprised if it did sell for less than list, so it should!

Whoever buys it will take a hit when they sell it on to the 4th owner (probably be a 4 owner car within 2 years) so they would expect to buy it cheaper now.

So, your argument is that a 2 owner, used, pre specced, ex demo M3 is worth less than a brand spanking, spec it how I want it, never driven by anyone else M3?

Err, yeah, obviously. In fact, to paraphrase your goodself, bleeding obviously

My arguement is and always has been throuhout this post "that the E92 is depreciating faster than the E46 did on launch" - that's all. Two owners maybe, 1400 miles maybe, but the e46 was not avalable at these drops - i know because I bough one and had to search bloody hard to get one in the six months after lanch.

I guess one of the main reasons is that the E92 is that much more expensive compared with th e46. As cars get more expensive they lose more. I think pretty much without exception the M3 is thought of as of being overpriced, at least here in the UK anyhow -so that, along with the economy, probably accounts for a proportion of the drop. The lack of demand or ease of supply is obviously another matter.

As pointed out who wants two owner car, when I can have a brand new car specced to suit you within 6 weeks. Obviously the only attraction of the 2nd hand car can be the price - bleeding obvious I guess
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 03:28 AM   #68
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Keep in mind this is a dealer launch car so it could have been a test drive vehicle hence the asking price. It does seem a bit odd with the urgency he wants to get rid of the car especially with the waitlist well into next year.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 03:37 AM   #69
Ray33
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
Might I have seen your car in the showroom up Glasnevin way? Very nice if so
I bought it from Duffy's in Finglas..is that where you mean?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 03:38 AM   #70
Ray33
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM3 View Post
why the wait to pick it up then?
i am waiting for the 08 plate...if i collect it now i will knock about 20K off the price i want in 2 years!!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 04:44 AM   #71
moss
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

He is selling as he is getting an R8 - lucky boy!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #72
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 530e XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray33 View Post
I bought it from Duffy's in Finglas..is that where you mean?
Yep, thats it

Nice machine
      11-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #73
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln View Post
I also think that BMW has misjudged, mis-marketed, and mis-priced this entire generation of M cars. M5's and M6's sit around on dealer lots where I am from, as I have said many times before, with no one willing to pay the exorbitant prices BMW is asking of those 2 cars.

I also think that BMW may have totally miss fired with the new M3 and its pricing when it comes to the US as there are now many options out there for people willing to spend the kind of money on a car that BMW wants for the M3. People now have the C63, will soon have the CTS-V (which is beautiful inside and out), and Audi RS models. I think M may be expecting to cash in on badge buying and recognition when those other auto makers went out and actually made a product that equals M without paying so much for just the badge. We shall see.
I understand your sentiments, but I don't believe that you are accurate. From what I have read, the RS 4 and C63 will be equal to or more expensive than the M3 (i.e. $70-75,000 well optioned). To your point, ALL these cars (including the M5/6) are just too expensive for what the public is willing to pay - therefore, they are just sitting on dealer lots. Just last week, my salesperson was complaining that his dealer was forced to accept M5's and M6's from BMW and that they were not selling, just sitting on the lot and collecting duct. Too expensive.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 03:49 AM   #74
e36jakeo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6 Speed MT!

I think only Porsche is able to command outragious prices (for the level of performance you get) due to the brand and status (most Porsche owners have lots of money to burn and very little true driving ability - buy the car for status and looks). When there are so many expensive high performance Bimmers, Mercs, Audis, etc. I think the market becomes saturated. The supply outweighs the demand, and suddenly there are Ms sitting on dealer lots.

Ms used to be more, but not the delta they are now from lesser models. For most folks the performance of the lesser models are plenty (335i, 550i, 650i, etc) and if they were going to pay $70K+ for a performance Bimmer they start looking at the P-cars. It will be a very good thing for all of us if BMW overestimated the demand for the M3 - we might be able to get them for under sticker price!
      11-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #75
Misterkris
Private
Rep
Drives: R32

Wow I thought we had some worthless bickering in the VW forums but this is ruff. This thread might have swayed me from a 135.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #76
moss
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

The trend continues - lots of cars available in UK now for £5k under list -

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...=&max_mileage=

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...=&max_mileage=
Appreciate 0