BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

08-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #23
leo95se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3, '15 F15 X5d

my experience with contis:

1. lots of camber. i have a stock suspension for now, so cord them pretty quickly. way around this - run hotter pressures. ive found 44hot keeps them a bit more rounded, but you sacrifice grip.

2. dont run them hard, for a full session. they work well for around 15 mins, then start getting greasy. pit in and let them cool off.

3. if you dont care about wear, keep them around 38 hot and push them hard. prob is, dont run lower than 32 cold. plan session accordingly. youll get around 8-12 heat cycles/sessions from them.

4. rotate them often. i recommend every 2 sessions unless you have really good wear from camber.

5. let them warm up. dont push them for 2 or so laps.

its a lot of work, and i am still debating bang for the buck with these vs nt-01s, but the positive is, once they heat cycle out, they are a blast to slide around with!

downside, they heat cycle before they wear.
Appreciate 0