BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #23
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy9 View Post
I can't say I blame them, it's not a very appealing color combination...
I see, you don't like it so it's not appealing.

Sorry, it slipped my mind and I forgot to post pics. Will try tonight.

Color is a very personal decision of course. Personally, I can't see buying an M car and not going with an M exclusive color but to each his own.

Last edited by BigHat; 08-16-2010 at 08:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 08:24 AM   #24
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
There is nothing else to say, I am well aware there are many cars with those options. I'm also aware that you can build them that way on the website. But the fact remains that many sales people are under the mistaken impression it is not possible. That is simply what I'm getting at. This is not simply one uninformed sales person...
You can't make up your own facts. Show me more than the occasional post that asserts this combo isn't possible? I compare that to a fairly good size community of people that ordered and then received SSII/FW without a comment from the sales person.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer community doesn't spec a lot of them for the showroom. While they're quite unremarkable looking, AW, Blacks, SG with black interiors have a greater probability of being "okay" to the average shopper that wants to drive off with a car that day.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #25
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
You can't make up your own facts. Show me more than the occasional post that asserts this combo isn't possible? I compare that to a fairly good size community of people that ordered and then received SSII/FW without a comment from the sales person.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer community doesn't spec a lot of them for the showroom. While they're quite unremarkable looking, AW, Blacks, SG with black interiors have a greater probability of being "okay" to the average shopper that wants to drive off with a car that day.
I am not making up facts. When buyers are told they cannot order the combo, there are some misinformed sales people out there. I never said nor implied that most sales people are under the impression it is not possible.

I'm not arguing with you about the color combo and whether is can be order, which seems to be your impression of my comments...

And I agree on your commet about the other color combos being "okay" for the average buyer. Same rational as to why dealers rarely stock manual cars for dealer inventory.
Appreciate 0