BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

10-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

So Cal BMW Dyno Day.

Hey guys, so I'm organizing a little dyno day for many of us 335i owners.
Getting together a few with various tunes and modifications.
Also got at least one 135i with a minor tune as well.

Would love to have at least one stock M3 and maybe 1 with a performance mod or two as well.

Looking at Saturday November 22nd.
The shop has not been booked yet, but the one I'm in talks with is in Anaheim, CA.
Cost is looking to be $60 per car for 2-3 runs.

Would anybody here with an M3 be interested?
Let me know asap, thanks.

**Edit: Shop is reserved for November 22nd. It's in the LA/OC area. If you can attend, please let me know.
It's just $60 for 3-4 runs. Thanks

Last edited by Driver72; 11-01-2008 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Anybody?
Nobody with an M3 wants to meet up with a bunch of BMW guys and have your car put on a dyno to see what you are laying down compared to stock and tuned 135/335's ??
It will be fun to check out everybody's rides.

Let me know, I will give you details if you want.
Feel free to PM me if you want too.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
all my weekends are booked thru december
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 05:43 PM   #4
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Sure, I'm interested. My car will hopefully be past 1200mi by then.

But why are you so interested? There are plenty of stock dyno results you can look up? Or is this just going to be "chipped 335i owners lord superiority over the M3 because it dynos less rwhp day"? If so then not interested.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Sure, I'm interested. My car will hopefully be past 1200mi by then.

But why are you so interested? There are plenty of stock dyno results you can look up? Or is this just going to be "chipped 335i owners lord superiority over the M3 because it dynos less rwhp day"? If so then not interested.
Not even in the slightest.
I think anybody with a chipped 335i knows that though they may have a faster car in a straight line, the M3 will kick it's but on a track.

That's not the point anyway.
It's just a nice get together.
Plus we ALL love the sound of the M3's too, so it would be fun.
Trust me, the guy with the M3 that shows up will get a lot of us drooling over there car.

As for looking up "other" dynos of M3's
Heck we could all do that with our cars too.
I was one of the first to post a dyno of production run tuned 335i.
I dynoed my car as it is now a couple months ago, and will do it again anyway.

The reason for having an M3 their is for variety and to see how it does on the same dyno, same day as the rest of the bunch. Not too mention, just another excuse to look at an M3 again.

Let me know if you are interested, I know the 335i guys would be excited to have you there too.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 08:23 PM   #6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Being surrounded by 335 owners living in their own world of thinking chipped 335's are somehow equal to m3's because the dyno numbers are close is not my idea of fun.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Not even in the slightest.
I think anybody with a chipped 335i knows that though they may have a faster car in a straight line, the M3 will kick it's but on a track.

That's not the point anyway.
It's just a nice get together.
Plus we ALL love the sound of the M3's too, so it would be fun.
Trust me, the guy with the M3 that shows up will get a lot of us drooling over there car.

As for looking up "other" dynos of M3's
Heck we could all do that with our cars too.
I was one of the first to post a dyno of production run tuned 335i.
I dynoed my car as it is now a couple months ago, and will do it again anyway.

The reason for having an M3 their is for variety and to see how it does on the same dyno, same day as the rest of the bunch. Not too mention, just another excuse to look at an M3 again.

Let me know if you are interested, I know the 335i guys would be excited to have you there too.
They may have a faster car in a straight line? Sorry, I think it is the other way around. It is obvious what the dyno day is about, for 335 owners to stroke themselves. I can't wait until boost finally hits for the M3 so I can just shut 335 owners the f**k up once and for all.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
They may have a faster car in a straight line? Sorry, I think it is the other way around. It is obvious what the dyno day is about, for 335 owners to stroke themselves. I can't wait until boost finally hits for the M3 so I can just shut 335 owners the f**k up once and for all.
Sorry you feel that way.
Clearly you are not the type we'd want there anyway.

It's about enjoying each others cars, seeing what mods they have and having some In and Out Burger.
If ANYBODY tries talking smack about anything, they will be asked to back off.

Have you ever been to a track or dragstrip. People appreciate other people's cars, it's not a smack down to see who has the fastest car.
People may act like kids with the cover of the internet, but in person we are all adults and just enjoy cars...we are all car enthusiasts.

Would love to have some fun, friendly M3 owner/owners attend.
Again, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 10:57 PM   #9
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way.

It's about enjoying each others cars, seeing what mods they have and having some In and Out Burger.

Have you ever been to a track or dragstrip. People appreciate other people's cars, it's not a smack down to see who has the fastest car.
People may act like kids with the cover of the internet, but in person we are all adults and just enjoy cars...we are all car enthusiasts.

Again, let me know.
I don't want to be there so don't worry about it. I guess it is all the 335 owners with their M3 envy and their feeling of inadequacy necessitating every comparison, even dyno's, needing to be stacked up to the M3 to justify their cars.

Have fun at the event.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #10
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I don't want to be there so don't worry about it. I guess it is all the 335 owners with their M3 envy and their feeling of inadequacy necessitating every comparison, even dyno's, needing to be stacked up to the M3 to justify their cars.

Have fun at the event.
Again, sorry you feel that way.
I don't care if someone brings a Ferrari, there would be no feelings of inadequacy by anybody.
Maybe you need to solve your apparent "superiority" issues you clearly have.
Obviously you are not a true car enthusiast.
You have a nice, great car and feel you think anybody with a "lesser" car is not worthy of you and looks at you with envy.
You clearly have issues you need to resolve.
Good luck to you with that.
Do me a favor Sticky, please do not respond further to this thread, you are contributing nothing and only bringing negative vibes. Thanks!

Again, any mature M3 owners want to attend, we'd love to have you there and would enjoy the opportunity to hang out with you and look over the awesome M3.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:

Have fun at the event.

Your the type of person that gives Bmw owners the bad name with this attitude of yours...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #12
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
Your the type of person that gives Bmw owners the bad name with this attitude of yours...
Don't you 335 guys have a forum? I think 335 owners CONSTANTLY wanting to compare themselves to M3's gives BMW owners a bad name. I guess it comes down to perspective.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #13
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Don't you 335 guys have a forum? I think 335 owners CONSTANTLY wanting to compare themselves to M3's gives BMW owners a bad name. I guess it comes down to perspective.
The difference is, we welcome (and have some) M3 owners on the other BMW forums too. Those other BMW forums are NOT 335i exclusive forums (like this one is for M3's) but rather it's for ALL 3 series cars, even 325i's.
That's the perspective you should have.

Oh, and I've invited 135i's and 535i's as well. I hope one or two of each can show up too.
I'd bet I could get an M5 owner to show too. They don't care that a tuned 335i can stay even with a stock M5 from a 40-120 mph freeway roll. Again, it's not about that.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #14
jam0321
I do screenprinting and embroiderry
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

and M3 owners are envious of the GT-R, and so one and so one...WHO CARES!

This event is for mature car enthusiast of all kinds. It's primarily designed to compare various levels of 335 tunes but having other awesome vehicles would make the gathering even sweeter.

It's about love for cars, not hate

Get over your issues.

www.specopsoutfitters.com
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #15
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert / 535i Twin turbo

Quote:
Anybody?
Nobody with an M3 wants to meet up with a bunch of BMW guys and have your car put on a dyno to see what you are laying down compared to stock and tuned 135/335's ??
It will be fun to check out everybody's rides.

Let me know, I will give you details if you want.
Feel free to PM me if you want too.

Thanks
Driver - thanks for the invite...I have possible plans that day but will keep it in mind. I'd like to see the tuned 335i's and since I have an M3 and 535i it would be great to see some of those as well. I just picked up the M3 and am trying to get it over the 1200 mile break in period/first service. I'd also be interested in seeing any other M3 owners there with aftermarket exhaust as I'm in the market for exhaust for the M...sounds like a good time

PS would also be great to see a 535 with the Dinan s/w upgrade as I have been contemplating that upgrade for a while now.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #16
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
Driver - thanks for the invite...I have possible plans that day but will keep it in mind. I'd like to see the tuned 335i's and since I have an M3 and 535i it would be great to see some of those as well. I just picked up the M3 and am trying to get it over the 1200 mile break in period/first service. I'd also be interested in seeing any other M3 owners there with aftermarket exhaust as I'm in the market for exhaust for the M...sounds like a good time

PS would also be great to see a 535 with the Dinan s/w upgrade as I have been contemplating that upgrade for a while now.
Sweet dude.
Man if you could come and bring both the M3 and the 535i that would be ideal.
Don't sweat the 1200 miles too much.
I dynoed my first 335i with about that many miles on it then had Shiv install a PROcede.
Went back to the same dyno 2 months later with 3000+ miles on it and dynoed like 2-3 rwhp less. So the additional break in miles meant nothing.
There's lots of people who believe a good hard break in does best for the car anyway.

Just take the car out on a nice Sunday drive before hand and put another 100-200 miles on her.

Definitely let me know asap if you can make it.
It would be awesome.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #17
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way.

Again, let me know.
I appreciate your sentiment here, but you need to keep in mind the history of posts made by several 335 owners on this forum. I realize they most likely are not representative of the 335 owners in general, but we could not talk about anything about the new M3 without one of those guys chiming in and making off topic remarks about how one must be status oriented and/or stupid to buy an M3 when one can have the same amount of power at the wheels for much less and so on. (There is nothing wrong with having a technical M3 vs 335 discussion, which I often participated in, but most of that back and forth was about something else). I didn't even own an M3 at time (I guess nobody could since it wasn't released in the US), and I wasn't even certain that I would buy one, but boy, that type of talk lasted several months...

I would have considered showing up if you were in the area. I need a baseline before I start messing with my car. What kind of dyno will you be using?...Anyway, you guys have fun around the dyno!
      11-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #18
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I appreciate your sentiment here, but you need to keep in mind the history of posts made by several 335 owners on this forum. I realize they most likely are not representative of the 335 owners in general, but we could not talk about anything about the new M3 without one of those guys chiming in and making off topic remarks about how one must be status oriented and/or stupid to buy an M3 when one can have the same amount of power at the wheels for much less and so on. (There is nothing wrong with having a technical M3 vs 335 discussion, which I often participated in, but most of that back and forth was about something else). I didn't even own an M3 at time (I guess nobody could since it wasn't released in the US), and I wasn't even certain that I would buy one, but boy, that type of talk lasted several months...

I would have considered showing up if you were in the area. I need a baseline before I start messing with my car. What kind of dyno will you be using?...Anyway, you guys have fun around the dyno!
It's going to be a DynoJet
I considered using Harman Motive's Mustang Dyno.
But so many people use DynoJet's and it seemed that's what people wanted so they could "compare" to all the dynojet readings out there already.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #19
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Last call here guys.
We'd still love to have one of you guys show up.

We recently had a big get together and 150 mile canyon run where 5-6 M5's, 3 Nissan GT-R's, 2 335i's, 2 Lotus Elises, 2-3 Corvettes, 1 E63 AMG, 1 Z4 M Convert, and several other cars came out to have fun, but not one E90/E92 M3.

We'd really like to see you guys represent.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #20
shiblanor
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3 JetBlk DCT

I'd probably do it. Car's brand new tho, my concern would be the whole break-in period thing. Not sure i'm a believer in the hard break-in makes for a strong engine, but i've certainly heard that before. Kinda like working out really hard when you feel like you might be getting sick...well, maybe not exactly. Did you get all the price and place worked out? Let me know, I'll give it some thought.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 11:39 PM   #21
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Where's this occuring? LA/OC is a HUGE area.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0