BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

11-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #111
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Oh I'm sorry Eloy, I guess next time I shouldn't say anything.

Gintani will make more power, but at the cost of more sound (some people like this).

AA has the NCC chambers which I'm sure isn't the best for flow while Gintani uses a straight-through design.

I'm sorry if my comment 'cracks' you up but to me as far as power goes between Gintani vs. AA for their muffler it's easy to say Gintani wins. I don't appreciate people mocking me, especially you Eloy I'm very surprised. This isn't a RPi vs. Gintani thread, maybe you forgot?

Also, I got info from powertrip who has had experience with both who clearly said the AA lost serious low end torque, I later confirmed with Alex and them at Gintani who also couldn't believe the low end power loss so it's not like I'm making this stuff out of thin air.

Last time I checked its been proven the Gintani has basically made the most power especially when coupled with the tune for it. How is that for "facts".
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #112
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIpower View Post
There are different things that you can do to change how your powerband is going to be. If you make a muffler a certain way, youll have to make the piping a certain way (how you want the powerband). So, if you go with large 3" piping, you are already going to lose a lot of exhaust velocity. You need to make the muffler work for that size piping. I would say 90% of the exhaust brands out there dont know how to design "working" exhaust systems. Its all hype and branding really.
Your someone to talk...u make an exhaust system, please get over ur self. I dnt like saying anything or knocking on any company cause I pay my respects to them for taking the time to make different products for our cars and honestly I liked that RPIs exhaust made good power but I hate that u speak like if ur some genius. U think ur the Dyno king and u think u make the best exhaust, sorry to pop ur bubble but ur not and u dnt. Obviously Gintani knows what they are doing if their exhaust system out powered urs by like 10 whp. Lets talk facts now???

Y dont u stop posting on other peoples threads and stop being cheap and sponsor the forum like every other company does.
      11-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #113
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
Your someone to talk...u make an exhaust system, please get over ur self. I dnt like saying anything or knocking on any company cause I pay my respects to them for taking the time to make different products for our cars and honestly I liked that RPIs exhaust made good power but I hate that u speak like if ur some genius. U think ur the Dyno king and u think u make the best exhaust, sorry to pop ur bubble but ur not and u dnt. Obviously Gintani knows what they are doing if their exhaust system out powered urs by like 10 whp. Lets talk facts now???

Y dont u stop posting on other peoples threads and stop being cheap and sponsor the forum like every other company does.
LOL someone said it... PROPS.. Now go fold us some scoops kthxbai.

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #114
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
I'm wondering if the difference is realted to AA using 3 inch piping . Just a thought.
I dont think its the piping, I think it has more to do with the resonance chambers they add. Which might help with the drone and resonance but it has a down side, u lose some power. But hey different people, different taste. Some people just hate drone so they like the AA and their is nothing wrong with that.
      11-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #115
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glue View Post
Bud, I don't think blind sack riding is going to get you a discount. I understand you are enthusiastic about Gintani and everything, as am I, but you can represent your interests better without going after Eloy. I'm starting to think you should start paying sponsorship.
Is that what its called blind sac riding? lol ... When RPI starts flapping gums about companies that dont know how to make an exhaust thats why they use resonators blah blah then all of a sudden they re intro their exhaust with resonators because they see the competition obviously knew what they were talking about that was funny,, Talk about sac riding for real now all the sudden they want to post about what makes a good exhaust and what doesn't I have nothing against RPI personally but uh fact is their exhaust does make less power btw didnt your car still baseline about ~25whp less then mine with all your mods/tune in colder weather? What does that tell you? I say you do go and try on a Gintani system and then see what that does for you and then I'll roll by to check out the results and we can talk about it what you think?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #116
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm straight up telling you, my car is there with the exhaust. Try both exhausts and let the dyno numbers do the talking.

Do not start claiming power this and that when your car NA barely came within a second of mine. That would be the real world not racing on the dyno. So I don't see any support for your assertion of more power.

Simple test, run them both, same time, same place, so we have a solid base to compare.

A piece of advice, you are going a bit overboard for Gintani. The products are solid, let them speak for themselves, they don't need you humping every thread.
LOL dude don't start bring up times you know full well I was on street tires vs Drag tires. Obviously that was an issue right? I mean next you're going to tell me Brian should have ran 11's on street tires like you did (or didn't). If you really want to prove something wrong go and try on their exhaust I don't have the full Gintani system never did and still made alot more power then you did on the same dyno and so did Brian you can't deny that now. If that doesn't tell you your exhaust is holding you back then I dunno what to say to you.So if it really bothers you try on the Gintani exhaust and knock your self out I'm not putting on the RPI on my car cause I don't have the Gintani mid section how fair would that be besides like you said your car is already there.

BTW I don't really care what you think of my post just like you don't care what people think of you and your post on every forum. I say what I think because I can, so you worry about you and yours and I'll worry about mine cool
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 01:48 AM   #117
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Of course, tires would help you. I have a history of mentioning their importance on the strip. But the illustration was not that, but simply to show you I could come up with an example of numbers to refute your claims, right?

Say whatever you please but not if it is at the expense of a respected tuner in order to push another respected tuner.

If you are going to claim horsepower differences and this and that, the opportunity is there to back the claim up. As of right now, we can not go by different dyno numbers on different cars. I think everyone would agree that using the same car in the same place under the same conditions would make the most sense.

I worry that people who may not have hands on experience are swayed, simply due to enthusiastic opinions on your part. The fact of the matter is, one should choose the best exhaust for them, the performance difference (if it exists) is rather negligible. Take care.
Ya I dont think alot of people make their choices based on my own opinion but people do ask and also did you notice I only agreed with Brian I didn't write what he said ? Like I said I don't really have anything against RPI or the people working there I just dont think they have a say in whats better between the AA and Gintani better then anyone else that never had either system either so why would they say its not a better system when someone already said they had both and like the Gintani better I mean really? They even asked in this thread if a person has tested both side by side and my question is has RPI?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 01:59 AM   #118
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I made sure to address both of you, not singling anyone out except singling out that RPI may be not be getting a fair shake.

Look, in the past you did call RPI's exhaust tin cans made in Taiwan (despite the fact they are made in the USA, AA's isn't). I don't want to go digging around to find it as I don't have any interest here other than the truth and an impartial view, no more, no less.
Bro thats old news thats like months ago it has no relevance In this thread You have also said at that time that Gintani's numbers were BS because how bad Brian lost to Drew in mexico so whats your take on that vid I posted earlier in this thread still BS? And thats because I made LESS power then Brian. I'm sure you don't believe the Gintani numbers are BS anymore since you chose to go with their kit right? . And that old thread just got outta hand altogether no sense digging up the past because we can both bring up old statements that wont get us anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 01:59 AM   #119
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Quote:
I made sure to address both of you, not singling anyone out except singling out that RPI may be not be getting a fair shake.

Look, in the past you did call RPI's exhaust tin cans made in Taiwan (despite the fact they are made in the USA, AA's isn't). I don't want to go digging around to find it as I don't have any interest here other than the truth and an impartial view, no more, no less.
I also never said RPIs system didnt work, I simply dont think its cool of Eloy to always come on Gintanis threads and try to add his opinion that was never asked for to begin with. I mean seriously he always trys to make it seem as if no one else can make an exhaust or dyno a car and he happens to always post it on any Gintani thread...I have never seen Alex post on any other companies thread or try to disrespect them in any way. He just does what he does best, builds fast cars and great products.
      11-24-2009, 02:07 AM   #120
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I have an RPI catback. I should get a Gintani X-pipe. I'll bring the Crips and Bloods together. PEACE N THE STREETS
      11-24-2009, 02:09 AM   #121
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Well Ill let Jon use my full exhaust and have another car with 6mt w/ RPIs full system. We will make sure both cars have the same bolt ons and make some Mexico runs, this is where the real proving grounds are. Dynos have too many things people can blame it on and a 1/4 mile involves more then the car, tires, driving skills etc. Lets make this happen this sunday
      11-24-2009, 02:10 AM   #122
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can definitely understand your perspective and why that would frustrate you. It is a fair point, but I think we have also had instances here where Jonmartin may have been over-zealous in his defense of Gintani in a few threads (or a few dozen ).

There is no negativity here and since both tuners are in the same area there is some overlap and it should be treated with mutual respect. Once again, my car is at Alex's disposal for anything he wishes to do and if it is necessary to dyno both to resolve anything, I would be glad to volunteer.

You are a good guy Brian, but trust me when I say Eloy means no disrespect just as you don't. Lets be realistic here with claims.
Ya maybe thats true but the same can be said about your defense of the M3 to the N54 guys and who ever else you quarrel with online so you're no better.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 02:11 AM   #123
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I have an RPI catback. I should get a Gintani X-pipe. I'll bring the Crips and Bloods together. PEACE N THE STREETS
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 02:11 AM   #124
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
lol
      11-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #125
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Oh I'm sorry Eloy, I guess next time I shouldn't say anything.

Gintani will make more power, but at the cost of more sound (some people like this).

AA has the NCC chambers which I'm sure isn't the best for flow while Gintani uses a straight-through design.

I'm sorry if my comment 'cracks' you up but to me as far as power goes between Gintani vs. AA for their muffler it's easy to say Gintani wins. I don't appreciate people mocking me, especially you Eloy I'm very surprised. This isn't a RPi vs. Gintani thread, maybe you forgot?

Also, I got info from powertrip who has had experience with both who clearly said the AA lost serious low end torque, I later confirmed with Alex and them at Gintani who also couldn't believe the low end power loss so it's not like I'm making this stuff out of thin air.
Im not trying to mock you. You have called me and asked me questions which I was more than happy to answer. If you want to get technical with me, we can do this. I never mentioned my stuff on here so where are you coming up with an rpi vs gintani thing here? We all know that a 3" system isnt the best way to improve the m3 exhaust system. You can still make power using 3" tubing but you will have to make a muffler FOR that 3" tubing.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #126
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I also never said RPIs system didnt work, I simply dont think its cool of Eloy to always come on Gintanis threads and try to add his opinion that was never asked for to begin with. I mean seriously he always trys to make it seem as if no one else can make an exhaust or dyno a car and he happens to always post it on any Gintani thread...I have never seen Alex post on any other companies thread or try to disrespect them in any way. He just does what he does best, builds fast cars and great products.
Im here as a member of the forum and Im simply participating in an exhaust discussion. If you guys want to believe everything that is said to you then thats cool. Im here for people who want technical info. I have no issues with Alex and its you guys and some of our hot headed customers that started drama in the past.......which I was not aware of. Peace
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #127
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Oh cool. Just saw this post. lmao. Where did this come from? lol. Alex dynoed it? heheeh. Its cool man. Are you guys a bunch of kids that are looking for fights? lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #128
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I dont think its the piping, I think it has more to do with the resonance chambers they add. Which might help with the drone and resonance but it has a down side, u lose some power. But hey different people, different taste. Some people just hate drone so they like the AA and their is nothing wrong with that.
This post already showed how much you actually know. lol. The piping has a LOT to do with exhaust design.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #129
jimmyeatsworld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Damn too much talking.

Mr. Harris had the opportunity to get a free dyno when Eloy had offered it a couple of months ago, but unfortunately it was turned down.

My RPI GT Race Dyno vs. Stock: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239228
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #130
darklord
Ruler of the Universe
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 Silver Merc E63 (W212)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
How is the Gintani vs AA?
Ummm, all I asked was the comparison...thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #131
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Ummm, all I asked was the comparison...thanks all.
I made a thread a while back, and I asked advice on which of the 2 set-up's sounded better (comparing catless versions of each).

It may not specifically answer your questions, but I'm sure it'll still be helpful to you.

Here's the link to that thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276603

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #132
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Such hate in these threads. Exhaust is one of the most personal preferences of things you put on a car next to wheels. Just state your opinion on the exhaust if you have it and let people pick the one they want.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0