BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

2009 E90 M3; new and missing odds and ends

Some additional notes on the changes to the 2009 E90 that I thought I'd pass along. First, it looks like the option to be able to customize one of the buttons on the steering wheel has been removed from the new iDrive option menu. Secondly, the option to cool the center armrest cup holder (not sure how useful) is no longer there. Interestingly, there is a mention in the navigation section, under inputting trips with multiple destinations, that you can somehow load "trips" from a USB key or from the BMW Assist/Internet. But there is no mention as to how you can set this up to load from the USB stick (maybe on GoogleMaps?). Also, as I noted before, there is a night display option available, but having checked it off, I see no difference with the daytime display so maybe a future planned upgrade?

Now, two hopefully quick questions for anyone who has a 2009 U.S.-spec E90 M3 sedans; does the center armrest still include the small iPod black pouch/holder in your car? Mine, ordered with the smartphone integration option, did not and I am wondering if that is how it comes? I plan to get a phone to use with the kit but in the meantime would like to be able to put the iPod somewhere better.

Secondly, the US cars I had seen came with the storage nets on the backs of the front seats; but our car is missing them. Have these been omitted from the 2009 models in the U.S.? They are really useful for storing maps etc. Any idea if they can be added to the car, because if so, I plan to ask BMW to put them in?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

have nets on my coupe
Appreciate 0