BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

02-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
rickharrison
Rep
Drives: e92 6MT

Do I need to buy tire pressure monitor sensors with new wheels?

Hello,

I have an M3 coming with the standard ZCP wheels on them. I am going to pick up a set of black ZCP wheels from Turner (http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-43...nuine-bmw.aspx) to have when the car gets here. Do I need to buy the tpms option on the turner site? Or will my car already have them with the current ZCP wheels.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickharrison View Post
Hello,

I have an M3 coming with the standard ZCP wheels on them. I am going to pick up a set of black ZCP wheels from Turner (http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-43...nuine-bmw.aspx) to have when the car gets here. Do I need to buy the tpms option on the turner site? Or will my car already have them with the current ZCP wheels.

Thanks!
You car will have them. It will be up to you whether you want to spend the money to swap the ones in your stock wheels over or just get another set.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

FYI - Getbmwparts.com and bmwpartspros.com both sell the wheels at pricing better than Turner.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
Rep
Drives: 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
You car will have them. It will be up to you whether you want to spend the money to swap the ones in your stock wheels over or just get another set.
To expand on this: if you plan to run both sets of wheels for summer/winter or street/track or something like that, get another set of sensors. If you are going to put the black ones on and store the silver indefinitely or sell them, then you would probably just swap the sensors over. If you're buying the wheels and tires together, and if they'll mount and balance them, then it's better to buy the sensor so that everything is assembled.