BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

02-25-2012, 04:11 AM   #1
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

Thumbs up Velos Designwerks

I’ve read a few of these experiences with vendors, whether good or bad. The one thing I have found is that it is usually just one experience and a little short. I want to take some time and talk about more than just an experience, but a relationship I have had for the past year.

I got my car at the end of February 2010. I love my Jet Black E93 M3 to death. I will probably never get rid of it. In the time span I have had my car, I have purchased for it approximately $20,000 worth of mods (a little more to come, maybe a SC). I base my purchases on two things: Customer Service and Quality. I cannot even tell you have many emails I have sent to different companies, distributors, phone calls made, the works. I cannot even begin to tell you how many of them have let me down by not calling me back, not emailing me, being consistently unclear, or talking to me like I am fool. I won’t mention them because it doesn’t help me and I won’t slander anyone’s name, so please don’t ask.

The very first mod I ever considered getting was an Active Autowerke Stage 2 Supercharger (no meth). I had no idea about this stuff, so naturally I like to ask many questions (and I mean a lot). It started with me posting a question on AA’s website about the supercharger. I don’t think its there anymore, because I just checked and I couldn’t find it. The first email I got back, and very quickly, was from Jean. I am sure most of the people on this forum know him. He answered my questions every day for the next month, ranging from “What maintenance is required?” “How is the reliability?”, all the usually things and small things. Some companies don’t even email me back after a while, and I mean I wait weeks and never hear from them again. I eventually purchased an AA Signature Exhaust. First time I put it in, it was amazing. Even better, he always emailed me back, even if it was just a small comment from a little side conversation. Not only that, he let me know step by step and always kept me up to date with everything, even going out of his way to send me pictures of the ceramic tips from his phone. I could tell from this day, he was the guy I could go to for anything. I soon bought a Vorsteiner hood and bootlid trunk for my friends’ 335i and my M3. Everything came perfect. Jean soon introduced me to Omar when he moved to software development, who would then help me with all my orders from then on, such as, getting my HFC, N54 parts, etc. Omar was great from the start. Always kept me updated on everything (when the Vorsteiner parts were coming in), checking to make sure everything was right, all the questions I needed answered, and even made sure to go into great detail, just incase.

Fast forward a couple months and it is finally time to get new wheels. I’ve grown tired of the stock 19” and wanted something better, so I chose ADV 1 Wheels. I read all the rumors about “Jordan stealing this, deposits, not giving out the product” and such, but I figured that would not be likely because no one would try to retail them. Looking at pictures of Jordan, and his bio, he just seemed like a really nice guy trying to make his place in the world. Granted, I live in LA so I’ve never met anyone in person nor have I ever talked him. It was simply a first impression via pictures and the Internet.

This part I will refrain from listing the other party involved so no one gets in trouble, but if you are reading this, you know who you are, and thank you. You have been a great help to me from the day I started talking to you . From this point, I will call the no-name company, Company X. Ready to buy some ADV1s, I called up Company X. I talked to the sales rep whose has helped me before get something really important. I asked about ADV1 and he says, “Yea we can totally get those for you. Give me your number and I will call you right back.” Few minutes later, I get a call from Jean. I was not expecting that. He told me he started Velos Designweks with Omar. I was shocked! I had no idea that happened. He had a nice conversation about the wheels, life, and just catching up a little. It had been a while. After weeks of discussing and thinking and quotes, I pulled the trigger on ADV 7.1s, 19x9.5 19x10.5 in gloss black. I just got them recently so after the wheels go on I will post pictures of the car, I promise. I still owe Jean and Omar some too, hehe. From day one, Jean and Omar have helped me tremendously; getting me the TPMS sensors, tire sizes, updates, and quotes on random things, such as an ESS 575. Even sending me a teaser picture of the wheels hot of the press =P. The level of detail Omar and Jean put into their business and cars extends far more than just a quick buck.., they truly care. One day out of the blue Omar calls me and says, “I noticed you have 10.5in in the rear. I think you should go up to 11in. That will give you a better ride and feel.” Happily I agreed . The conversation of course was more detail, but this paints a nice picture. He called just to make sure I would be happy with what I ordered, even if it had to be changed a little. It showed they really care.

This story certainly has wayyy more detail then I put in, but the summary is Jean and Omar are the best. Words can barely describe how awesome they really are and I hope nothing but the best for them in the future. As always, I will continue to buy everything through them: just an email or phone call away . Even though my spending days on my current car will eventually come to end (how many parts can you really buy lol), with the exception of replacements, I will always refer them to my friends and anyone I can help out.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this and long live Velos Designwerks.

As a disclaimer, no one asked me to write this, I do not get any kickbacks, compensation, reward, etc. I only wrote this because they truly deserve it.

New review about the ADV Wheels coming soon when I get back home and have a little time. School eats up freedom
Appreciate 0