BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

View Poll Results: So....what do you think about this concept??
It looks awesome....Futuristic Muscle Corvette! 22 59.46%
It looks ok....nothing special 8 21.62%
Terrible....I hate corvette's and this one $ucks too! 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

08-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Transformers(II) Corvette revealed...what do you think?

I think this will pretty much explain what the concept is really about.
(Clue= It's NOT a C7 but it could definitely take some ques from this concept)

Quote from the article "There's been much speculation of late on the gleaming silver "Corvette-like" concept car spotted on the set of the new Transformers movie. Some outlets have incorrectly asserted the concept is a potential design for a next-generation C7 Corvette. They're wrong. Oh, it's a Corvette, but our well-placed sources tell us the concept, which we've revealed in an exclusive shot of the clay concept above, is GM's Corvette Centennial Design Concept. We expect to see it revealed early next year, months before it debuts on the silver screen in Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen".

In my opinion, it looks great from the side and the front(One question...Are those side mirror's functional?) but the back is just too plain(LFA anyone)

And one more thing....HKS786 and Bimmer_loyalist....Please chip in with your technical thoughts about the design....I'm curious as I lack the knowledge

Here's the link to the article http://jalopnik.com/5034285/exclusiv...design-concept

And I added just 2 pics so that I don't take much of the space in this forum

Name:  C7_concept.bmp
Views: 1539
Size:  392.9 KB

Ignore the guy and you can see the front of the car...the 2nd car
Name:  corvette c7_1.jpg
Views: 1616
Size:  49.0 KB
      08-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Can't wait for the movie
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
paint it black and you have the batmobile.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

I wish GM wasnt the one who signed a contract with the directors of Transformers.....

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
I wish GM wasnt the one who signed a contract with the directors of Transformers.....
You wanted Bumblebee to be a Camry SE didn't you?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
m3_love
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #7
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
haha, no...but naturally some euro cars would have been cooler to me, but would throw off all the rest of the propaganda in the movie

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #8
Dascamel
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3, 2010 e91 328i

Quote:
hahahahaa, awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 02:46 AM   #9
FinInk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica, Wanting 335i

well transformers, at least the original one, always had an american air to it espically the cars. It would be a lilttle odd to have BMW's and Mercedes transforming even if the cars are cooler.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 03:30 AM   #10
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinInk View Post
well transformers, at least the original one, always had an american air to it espically the cars. It would be a lilttle odd to have BMW's and Mercedes transforming even if the cars are cooler.
yeah, but you have any idea how popular tranformers are in Asia? Or did you forget about the 40ft Optimus statue that still stands to this day?

Besides they have always been american cars.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 03:32 AM   #11
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
didn't they think it was the fireblade at first?
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 04:35 AM   #12
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
In my opinion, it looks great from the side and the front(One question...Are those side mirror's functional?) but the back is just too plain(LFA anyone)

And one more thing....HKS786 and Bimmer_loyalist....Please chip in with your technical thoughts about the design....I'm curious as I lack the knowledge
Hey,

To summarise, I would agree totally with you. The front looks great. The nose is a little extreme and obviously would be toned down for the production model and I'm sure the headlights will be larger and have more presence.

I think the front is going back to its roots. It reminds me of the old '68 Corvette C3. That is def a good thing. It even has blacked out pillars which most Corvettes have had.

The rear worrys me a little. It doesnt say Corvette at all and it also reminds me of the LF-A! I think it needs quad taillights just like all other Corvettes have had in the past. I also hope the exhausts arent as loud on the production model.

Excuse the pun, but overall I think it'll "transform" into a great Corvette Right now the new Camaro is my favourite muscle, it looks amazing!

08-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #13
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
A hell of a lot better than Ford or Chyrsler....they're creativity is pretty weak.

I think it looks badass....I'd definitely rock it.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #14
DannyZ
Sergeant Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Hey,

To summarise, I would agree totally with you. The front looks great. The nose is a little extreme and obviously would be toned down for the production model and I'm sure the headlights will be larger and have more presence.

I think the front is going back to its roots. It reminds me of the old '68 Corvette C3. That is def a good thing. It even has blacked out pillars which most Corvettes have had.

The rear worrys me a little. It doesnt say Corvette at all and it also reminds me of the LF-A! I think it needs quad taillights just like all other Corvettes have had in the past. I also hope the exhausts arent as loud on the production model.

Excuse the pun, but overall I think it'll "transform" into a great Corvette Right now the new Camaro is my favourite muscle, it looks amazing!

I need to get the stuff they detailed that car with "get me shine on"
      08-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Quote:
LOL .... pwnt.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #16
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

I like it
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 03:40 AM   #17
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Hey,

+1 man.

Overall, the design isn't half bad, but it has such a concept feel to it that I wouldn't pay much heed. I like the idea of the intake/vents on the front and rear, but I'm not crazy about the execution of the headlights or the middle of the rear. The greenhouse is also a little awkward. The C pillars look strange. I also doubt the front would pass modern safety requirements. I'd wait for a more official looking concept to be honest. Btw, lovin the fenders.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #18
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
Haha...that would be awesome

Quote:
Hey,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
+1 man.

Overall, the design isn't half bad, but it has such a concept feel to it that I wouldn't pay much heed. I like the idea of the intake/vents on the front and rear, but I'm not crazy about the execution of the headlights or the middle of the rear. The greenhouse is also a little awkward. The C pillars look strange. I also doubt the front would pass modern safety requirements. I'd wait for a more official looking concept to be honest. Btw, lovin the fenders.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts . I totally agree on the nose bit being too sleek and it will definitely be changed to meet the modern safety standards, as you both pointed out.

I also dislike the headlights being in the centre rather then on the side. And about the back, I would definitely prefer the present corvette's back light(quad circular lights...) because that's what makes a Corvette a Corvette. It's a special signature which needs to remain.

HKS, Camaro is sweet. Unlike Challenger.....Camaro combines both Muscle body+futuristic ques which inturn, makes it look . And I too think the C3 is the best in the bunch of C1,C2, C4, C5.

Bimmer, I love the fenders too....thats what made me rate the front so highly.

Thanks again...