BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
wwjd15
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 MR

Thumbs down GTM/ GT Motoring / Challenge product delays

I have ordered Powerhouse Amuse GT1 CF wing, 370Z Ti exhaust and Ti harness bar thru ACG San Diego back in July 2011. The ACG order was thru GTM.
I have checked with ACG every 2 weeks for update since Oct. 2011. I'm always told by ACG that Greg@GTM couldn't get any update.
In the beginning of Feb. 2012, I finally received an update for Amuse GT1 wing and Ti harness bar were in, and they were asking if I wanted to wait for the exhaust then ship them altogether or just ship the wing and the bar first. I told them to ship whatever they have first because I had been waiting long enough. Then they disappeared. No phone call, wouldn't pick up our calls, no update, no reply to email, no reply to voicemail.

Until last week, I had James@ACG called GTM until they picked up the phone. So finally we got another promise for the wing and the bar would be out on 4/30. Then we received a Fedex tracking number for the parts, which is #374048415011572. However, no surprise, BS like as usual. All we got right now is a tracking with no shipment.

In fact, I started my own business back in Nov. 2011, every time when I ordered Amuse stuff would only take me 1 month by freight or 2 month by sea. I don't know what's going on with guys at GTM.
Anyone has placed orders with them recently? Did they pick up your phone? Did you get your the products that paid for?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Friend of my ordered a set of Kreissieg system from Platte Forme a.g. for his Maserati. The order was through GT Motoring as well. Payment was sent to GT Motoring almost 4 months ago. Promise ETA was less than 3 months. 4 months after, no update, no reply and no one either pick up the phone from GT Motoring. Platte Forme a.g. guys were really helpful to my friends regarding this order by checking/ pushing with GT Motoring. PF kept calling and e-mailing GT Motoring, but GT Motoring barely reply back with any inquiries or update. My friend went out his patient and called to Kreissieg Japan by himself. Later my friend discovered, GT Motoring took the money and never place the order. GT Motoring promised to refund my friend almost 2 weeks ago. Till today, still no refund back from GT Motoring and no reply.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Damn I thought those were some good guys. I mean their products are top notch I guess you would expect the same service. That's no way to represent a business ever. In my books they are dead
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Wow..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
kchu221
JDM whore
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2009 997.1 Turbo

damn... i always thought they were up to date with their shit, but i guess not...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #6
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Wow.. I thought Challenge was legit. Now things are starting to add up.
      05-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I paid full asking price for Matte Black TE37SL back in February even though GTM ad advertises 25% deposit. The ETA has been slipping ever since for the order supposedly placed in December 2011. Getting updates from GTM has been very challenging to put it mildly. They just posted 2 sets left...

I am going to cancel the order, so there will be 3 sets left.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623655
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #8
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Just cancelled my order, so much for months of waiting. Looking forward for refund..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:34 AM   #9
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

wow... im shocked

they always post here too.. im suprised its taken this long for these issues to come out. I have to admit, i placed an order from IND , for a challenge gt lip... the 2,000 one, dont know the name. The order kept getting pushed back and back, I got annoyed and cancelled my order. Im starting to think if it wasnt for IND my money might have been lost.

im really anxious to see their reply...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 02:17 AM   #10
h4nh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SC E90 M3 / 13 F10 M5

Garage List
2009 E90 M3 (superc ...  [10.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
my door panels came through but i had to bug them for a month :/ glad it did come though. quality was nice.
      05-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #11
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

I know there were a few instances of people having difficulty obtaining their race diffuser, myself included, but I thought they ran a tight ship beyond the diffuser fiasco? Well, I learned long ago that there's no such thing as a perfect vendor. It just comes down to who you can put up with. Hell, I've even been threatened by a forum vendor before, so meh.

Last edited by LateBraking; 05-09-2012 at 04:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Hate to hear some of you guy's having issues - My Challenge Sport was on back order for a while, but I knew that prior to purchase...even then I had it in 4-6 weeks. Greg & Tim treated me well providing constant updates and responded to PM's. They gave me good customer service - No beef here.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #13
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
I paid full asking price for Matte Black TE37SL back in February even though GTM ad advertises 25% deposit. The ETA has been slipping ever since for the order supposedly placed in December 2011. Getting updates from GTM has been very challenging to put it mildly. They just posted 2 sets left...

I am going to cancel the order, so there will be 3 sets left.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623655

Tim or myself have been in contact with you many times as you know with updates as Mackin had made them available. I will gladly give you our contact there to confirm we have had these wheels on order since Nov. 2011. I'm sure the sales rep will also vouch that we ask him almost daily for updates on these wheels. I'll touch base with today on this

Last edited by GTM_Challenge; 05-09-2012 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #14
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

I've been dealing with GTM for a while now and everything I've ordered, and paid for, was shipped on time. I have not ordered Challenge, or Amuse, CF parts so I can't speak to those issues/delays but, personally, I've never had a single issue and/or delay when dealing with GTM.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #15
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Our GT Motoring side of the business has had some issues with reliable supply and communication after loosing one of our employees that delt with this part of the business and has caused us some problems in this area unfortunately. Per my agreement with James at ACG if your items didn't arrive this week we would just issue you a full refund. I also informed James that we would no longer be looking to take on any more jdm direct importing as we don't have the proper staffing or time allocated to do it in a manor that is fair to them or their customer. Our other dealers we import for frequently have been told the same recently as well. We had some tough time keeping up with communication and returned calls/messages a bit while we moved to a new larger location as well as had to change phone numbers due to moving into a new area code part of the chicago region. We have done the best we could to keep up during that time. Fortunately we are all moved into the new place now.

Did we offer proper service to ACG in this case? I would agree, no

And of course you know we are still in business as I have emailed/talked to both James and Peter at ACG in the past week or so as well as taking care of their other current orders and given them recent update on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd15 View Post
I have ordered Powerhouse Amuse GT1 CF wing, 370Z Ti exhaust and Ti harness bar thru ACG San Diego back in July 2011. The ACG order was thru GTM.
I have checked with ACG every 2 weeks for update since Oct. 2011. I'm always told by ACG that Greg@GTM couldn't get any update.
In the beginning of Feb. 2012, I finally received an update for Amuse GT1 wing and Ti harness bar were in, and they were asking if I wanted to wait for the exhaust then ship them altogether or just ship the wing and the bar first. I told them to ship whatever they have first because I had been waiting long enough. Then they disappeared. No phone call, wouldn't pick up our calls, no update, no reply to email, no reply to voicemail.

Until last week, I had James@ACG called GTM until they picked up the phone. So finally we got another promise for the wing and the bar would be out on 4/30. Then we received a Fedex tracking number for the parts, which is #374048415011572. However, no surprise, BS like as usual. All we got right now is a tracking with no shipment.

In fact, I started my own business back in Nov. 2011, every time when I ordered Amuse stuff would only take me 1 month by freight or 2 month by sea. I don't know what's going on with guys at GTM.
Anyone has placed orders with them recently? Did they pick up your phone? Did you get your the products that paid for?

Last edited by GTM_Challenge; 05-09-2012 at 08:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #16
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
wow... im shocked

they always post here too.. im suprised its taken this long for these issues to come out. I have to admit, i placed an order from IND , for a challenge gt lip... the 2,000 one, dont know the name. The order kept getting pushed back and back, I got annoyed and cancelled my order. Im starting to think if it wasnt for IND my money might have been lost.

im really anxious to see their reply...
I'll be happy to look into your lip order if you like but we only collect payment once any challenge part is delivered to our dealer IND. Until recently the gt3 lip was only made per order, so I'm assuming that may have been the wait time you saw. As its become more popular, we now try to keep it on hand best as possible. Also, Challenge and GT Motoring are 2 seperate companies with 2 seperate accounts we keep for each, so funding is not connected. It looks like you ended up with a challenge front lip in the end though from your avatar.

Last edited by GTM_Challenge; 05-09-2012 at 08:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #17
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Johnny, im not sure if you are still acting as a rep or employee of Platte Forme WA or just a friend etc but i tried my best to tell your friend that the item was ordered to the wrong spec and with the wrong person and were getting a system that was not right. The information i received about it when calling wasnt incorrect in the end and when i got a hole of the right contact we figured out what has happened and tried to figure out a way to get one ordered and to the right spec for him. Your customer no longer wished to wait at the time. We agreed to refund Platte Forme in this case. Platte forme decided to use part of the refund credit to put towards another decent amount order and the balance to be sent after that invoice.

The item for their order/credit was sent that next day and received and we issued a check a few days later and sent by USPS. Gary informed me he had not yet received the check so i asked him his bank so we could just do a wire or direct deposit for him here if their bank had a branch local and he could send me back the check when it came or we would cancel it etc. We just received that info from him as of yesterday morning.

As mentioned here we are not taking on any more direct JDM importing orders until better staffed to do so to avoid any poor service in this area of our GT Motoring business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Lin View Post
Friend of my ordered a set of Kreissieg system from Platte Forme a.g. for his Maserati. The order was through GT Motoring as well. Payment was sent to GT Motoring almost 4 months ago. Promise ETA was less than 3 months. 4 months after, no update, no reply and no one either pick up the phone from GT Motoring. Platte Forme a.g. guys were really helpful to my friends regarding this order by checking/ pushing with GT Motoring. PF kept calling and e-mailing GT Motoring, but GT Motoring barely reply back with any inquiries or update. My friend went out his patient and called to Kreissieg Japan by himself. Later my friend discovered, GT Motoring took the money and never place the order. GT Motoring promised to refund my friend almost 2 weeks ago. Till today, still no refund back from GT Motoring and no reply.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Hmmm...no offense, but it just sounds like the blame game.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #19
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
Johnny, im not sure if you are still acting as a rep or employee of Platte Forme WA or just a friend etc but i tried my best to tell your friend that the item was ordered to the wrong spec and with the wrong person and were getting a system that was not right. The information i received about it when calling wasnt incorrect in the end and when i got a hole of the right contact we figured out what has happened and tried to figure out a way to get one ordered and to the right spec for him. Your customer no longer wished to wait at the time. We agreed to refund Platte Forme in this case. Platte forme decided to use part of the refund credit to put towards another decent amount order and the balance to be sent after that invoice.

The item for their order/credit was sent that next day and received and we issued a check a few days later and sent by USPS. Gary informed me he had not yet received the check so i asked him his bank so we could just do a wire or direct deposit for him here if their bank had a branch local and he could send me back the check when it came or we would cancel it etc. We just received that info from him as of yesterday morning.

As mentioned here we are not taking on any more direct JDM importing orders until better staffed to do so to avoid any poor service in this area of our GT Motoring business.
Im only speaking on behave of my buddy Rex, so dont put any other company into this issue. If this is a vendor feedback section, then all person has the right to speak for their situation and experience. Rex is a really great buddy of my. His original plan was to modify his Masterati with set of wheels, exhuast and suspension, but that is no longer his wish/ plan. He got disappoint and extremely upset with GT on his exhaust order after he found what happened after he called Kreissieg Japan.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #20
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I'm now also having problems with GT Motoring regarding my order of brake discs and camber plates. Total value of order including shipping was $2300.

I paid $2000 deposit on 22 May, and was told that the items would take 1.5-2 weeks to get to their warehouse.

12 June, i asked for update and Greg said he will check with Brembo on ETA (no replies after that)

25 June, i asked for another update and Greg says he will check in with Brembo as he has been busy with another customer trackside support (no replies after that)

8 July, i tell Greg i'm getting pissed off, and he replies the rotors should be in on 10 July. I then ask if the other parts are in yet, and he says he will check (no more replies)

16 July, "what's happening Greg?" Greg says there's a pickup scheduled for 19 July.

23 July, I tell Greg straight up that I feel I am being cheated and intend to launch a Paypal claim. I believe I have been misled/ lied to at various points leading up to here. Greg then says he has been busy with trackside support and will forward me tracking info asap. Then issues me a tracking number Fed Ex. 796289262433 (says shipment initiated but not picked up)

28 July, Fedex tracking still shows INITIATED, NOT PICKED UP. Email Greg, he said they were waiting for my outstanding payment of $300. OK FINE, i sent the remainder IMMEDIATELY

its 3 Aug today, Greg hasn't replied to my last 2 emails asking if he received my full payment,
      08-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #21
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

sorry, decided to create my own thread here
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872671
      08-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #22
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inSG View Post
I'm now also having problems with GT Motoring regarding my order of brake discs and camber plates. Total value of order including shipping was $2300.

I paid $2000 deposit on 22 May, and was told that the items would take 1.5-2 weeks to get to their warehouse.

12 June, i asked for update and Greg said he will check with Brembo on ETA (no replies after that)

25 June, i asked for another update and Greg says he will check in with Brembo as he has been busy with another customer trackside support (no replies after that)

8 July, i tell Greg i'm getting pissed off, and he replies the rotors should be in on 10 July. I then ask if the other parts are in yet, and he says he will check (no more replies)

16 July, "what's happening Greg?" Greg says there's a pickup scheduled for 19 July.

23 July, I tell Greg straight up that I feel I am being cheated and intend to launch a Paypal claim. I believe I have been misled/ lied to at various points leading up to here. Greg then says he has been busy with trackside support and will forward me tracking info asap. Then issues me a tracking number Fed Ex. 796289262433 (says shipment initiated but not picked up)

28 July, Fedex tracking still shows INITIATED, NOT PICKED UP. Email Greg, he said they were waiting for my outstanding payment of $300. OK FINE, i sent the remainder IMMEDIATELY

its 3 Aug today, Greg hasn't replied to my last 2 emails asking if he received my full payment,
Oh my Lord! I'm sorry you're having to deal with this crap. Your situation puts my wait situation in perspective. Hope it gets resolved immediately and you can wash your hands of this supplier.
Appreciate 0