BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

05-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #23
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwan View Post
I was wondering the same thing, I guess I lucked out and got Michelins from the factory it could be region specific too since I'm in Abu-Dhabi (United Arab Emitates).
You maybe right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
I wish they were gunmetal though.
They come in black, I saw an M3 with Matte Black ZCP Rims in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZTR View Post
My car also came equipped with Pilots. I send an email to BMW prior to my pick up with request to provide a Michelins for my car and was told that unfortunately, they cannot request a certain kind of tires and the factory will put on whatever tires they have in stock at the time the car is being produced. So I'm not sure how much my email contributed to the supplied tires.
Well, I was surprised because I thought BMW had switched over. Regardless, I'm very happy with how the Contis performed in the wet, snow and on The Ring. A great tire which I will use again.
      05-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #24
alefcole
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP 6MT Jet black E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZTR View Post
My car also came equipped with Pilots. I send an email to BMW prior to my pick up with request to provide a Michelins for my car and was told that unfortunately, they cannot request a certain kind of tires and the factory will put on whatever tires they have in stock at the time the car is being produced. So I'm not sure how much my email contributed to the supplied tires.
I sent the same email, got the same answer, and got the michelins. Dont know if it works since you already have a 50-50 chance to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #25
marwan
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP E92 M3

click here for tons of pics...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...93#post7360793
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #26
marwan
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
Pics and Video of the Akro please
check the pics in the lat post. i only have 200km on the car. just gimme some time till i break-in then record an akra sample.....and im telling you, the exhaust sound so beautiful even when cruising! no regrets what so ever!!!
Appreciate 0