BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-13-2012, 03:31 AM   #23
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I'd be down to work in Asia...... lol there isn't much that can take me away from LA..except my disease.... (yellow plague)
I know what your motivation is...
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #24
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M3 Coupe LSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I'd be down to work in Asia...... lol there isn't much that can take me away from LA..except my disease.... (yellow plague)
It wouldn't be wise to send you to the source of your "condition"

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #25
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercar Ace View Post
It wouldn't be wise to send you to the source of your "condition"
lol
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #26
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Well, the thing about working hard in school is, lots of hot shots w/ straight A's and even ones who get Ph.D wind up doing research and/or developments.

But, that research/development dept is managed by people who got B's in school [you know, the more-sociable guys (who drank beer & partied) w/ some leadership abilities - which is to say, they're good at manipulating others (which is sometimes called management skills)].

And, the whole company is owned by people who got C's.

And, the kicker is, people who got D's get university buildings named after them (not all, of course).

The moral of the story is, education is overrated. In the age of Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, etc, it's not what it was in our parents' generations.

Anyhow, going to work for others is ok for now. Eventually, you'd want to run your own business.

Dude, you nailed it right on from my personal experience. I consider myself successful...but...and big but...all my the guys I know that have made it big $$$ had mediocre educational background but were very sociable and had the tongues of snakes.

I only have a bach from a Cal State, but I have much higher degree'd employees doing my analytics for my futures trading. I joke with my brother in law, a professor of psych research, and tell him "those that can't, teach".

However, I have noticed that my buddies from Ivy league schools had hook ups and they all ended up doing well with companies of their own.

Life is life and its a very hard time right now...but the markets are picking up and I have been seeing more opportunities popping up for college grads and professionals.

My advice, go at a job that you see potential in and be flexible in your choice of location. Accept whatever they offer even if its $20k per year, get some real world experience and prove that you are a valuable to the company...I guarantee that you will be where you want to be in a few years...This is personal experience from a former peon.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #27
Aquariu///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Hey ace can you get me an acting job?
I am really good! Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #28
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M3 Coupe LSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeM3 View Post
Hey ace can you get me an acting job?
I am really good! Thank you
Acting is a whole other ball game, but if you're serious PM me. I might be able to point you in toward the right people since I know way too many people in the entertainment industry

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #29
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercar Ace View Post
too many people in the entertainment industry
hmmmm
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #30
JZBDCT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

unfortunately, it's all about who you know. Even when I was fresh out of undergrad, I still had to pay my dues.
2012 BMW M3 Coupe JZB/Fox Red DCT ZCP. Vorsteiner Double Sided Carbon Fiber CSL Boot Lid. Paint Match Grills, Side markers, Reflectors. Carbon Fiber Splitters. Lux Angel Eyes. Custom Rear Section Exhaust with valves. Next mod: Valentine 1
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #31
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Dude, you nailed it right on from my personal experience. I consider myself successful...but...and big but...all my the guys I know that have made it big $$$ had mediocre educational background but were very sociable and had the tongues of snakes.

I only have a bach from a Cal State, but I have much higher degree'd employees doing my analytics for my futures trading. I joke with my brother in law, a professor of psych research, and tell him "those that can't, teach".

However, I have noticed that my buddies from Ivy league schools had hook ups and they all ended up doing well with companies of their own.

Life is life and its a very hard time right now...but the markets are picking up and I have been seeing more opportunities popping up for college grads and professionals.

My advice, go at a job that you see potential in and be flexible in your choice of location. Accept whatever they offer even if its $20k per year, get some real world experience and prove that you are a valuable to the company...I guarantee that you will be where you want to be in a few years...This is personal experience from a former peon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a240reef View Post
unfortunately, it's all about who you know...
It's more prevalent at upper echlons...
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #32
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

U're an EE, right? If you're interested, check out Space Systems Loral, we are always hiring both mechanical and electrical engineers.

http://www.ssloral.com/html/careers/careers2.html
      05-03-2012, 01:48 AM   #33
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with wheels

You're using Kelly and Volt services???? You should be on Linkedin build up your network. Also you should use your Alumni directory to make contacts. Do a search on technical recruiters. Job hunting sucks but it's how you do it that counts. Good Luck!
      05-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #34
atruelunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
U're an EE, right? If you're interested, check out Space Systems Loral, we are always hiring both mechanical and electrical engineers.

http://www.ssloral.com/html/careers/careers2.html
Thanks for this link. In the same boat, graduating this weekend and in search for an ME job haha. Good luck to OP too, it's tough right now.