BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Mporium BMW

05-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #45
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Boosted, what's your favorite whey brand? And I remember you talking about making shakes with oats, whey, milk, and peanut butter...I'd like to start making those too, how much of each ingredient should I use?
Lately the two brands that I've been using are All The Whey (I bought 30lbs of it when it was on sale) for isolate, and Gaspari Myofusion for a blend. Both of them have good profiles on them, they taste great, and most importantly I got them for a good price. I know that almost everyone uses ON, but honestly the ingredients are nothing special, and for the price most of their flavors taste like crap. Cinnamon Bun and Cup Cake Batter All The Whey are excellent, and all of the myofusion flavors are very good as well.

I really don't make my own gainers anymore since I prefer to eat food instead (I'd rather chew my cals than drink them ), but the amounts that you would use of each ingredient depends upon the rest of your diet and how many cals you need for the day. Assuming that you are just using them as a meal replacement and want around 500 cals then I would go with a scoop to a scoop and a half of whey, a cup of oats, and a tbsp of PB. If you need more cals, add more PB, or use milk instead of water. Again, it depends on your caloric intake for the day, and the rest of your diet as there is no set in stone recipe for a weight gainer.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #46
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Lately the two brands that I've been using are All The Whey (I bought 30lbs of it when it was on sale) for isolate, and Gaspari Myofusion for a blend. Both of them have good profiles on them, they taste great, and most importantly I got them for a good price. I know that almost everyone uses ON, but honestly the ingredients are nothing special, and for the price most of their flavors taste like crap. Cinnamon Bun and Cup Cake Batter All The Whey are excellent, and all of the myofusion flavors are very good as well.

I really don't make my own gainers anymore since I prefer to eat food instead (I'd rather chew my cals than drink them ), but the amounts that you would use of each ingredient depends upon the rest of your diet and how many cals you need for the day. Assuming that you are just using them as a meal replacement and want around 500 cals then I would go with a scoop to a scoop and a half of whey, a cup of oats, and a tbsp of PB. If you need more cals, add more PB, or use milk instead of water. Again, it depends on your caloric intake for the day, and the rest of your diet as there is no set in stone recipe for a weight gainer.
No way man. Chocolate Mint is my favorite. I've been drinking that since my college days when it debuted.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #47
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:

Cool, thanks for the reply. I will look into All The Whey. Bleh. I have the documents scanned that I printed out of my diet (for health class project) that shows how many cals, protein, etc, that I am getting. I've been meaning to talk to you for a while about some stuff. Just been busy as hell. I wouldn't be using this shake as a meal replacement just as extra calories/protein/carbs.

Ok I decided to upload what I eat virtually every day. Some things aren't on here like olive oil that I put on my brown rice or that sometimes I have blackbeans and corn instead of sweetpotato, or that I have peanut butter during the day also. Also some of the items listed are not exactly what I eat, I had to choose as closely as possible from a database of food items. I'm pretty sure that sodium number is off too. If it matters, I am 5'7" @ 140ish lbs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #48
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
No way man. Chocolate Mint is my favorite. I've been drinking that since my college days when it debuted.
Oh yeah?... what about the strawberry, banana, vanilla ice cream, or the cookies and cream... should I continue?

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #49
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Cool, thanks for the reply. I will look into All The Whey. Bleh. I have the documents scanned that I printed out of my diet (for health class project) that shows how many cals, protein, etc, that I am getting. I've been meaning to talk to you for a while about some stuff. Just been busy as hell. I wouldn't be using this shake as a meal replacement just as extra calories/protein/carbs.

Ok I decided to upload what I eat virtually every day. Some things aren't on here like olive oil that I put on my brown rice or that sometimes I have blackbeans and corn instead of sweetpotato, or that I have peanut butter during the day also. Also some of the items listed are not exactly what I eat, I had to choose as closely as possible from a database of food items. I'm pretty sure that sodium number is off too. If it matters, I am 5'7" @ 140ish lbs.
Wait... so you are 5'7", 140lbs, and not gaining on a 4kcal diet?!? Your ratio of Pro/Cho/Fat looks good... The protein is a little on the high side... you can drop that to as low as 1g/lb and it would still be more than adequate. Your Fat intake is pretty high for your weight, but its still around 30% of your cals on a 4k diet so that's fine as well. Is your activity level through the roof (ie. are you a runner or a cyclist or something)?

In any case, I think that your diet looks good if in fact you do need 4k in cals per day. Check out this link... plug in your stats according to your activity level and metabolism and find out what your BMR is. Add 500 cals to that and its where you should be at...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=107459791

Again, your diet looks squeeky clean, and from just glancing at it I wouldn't say that you were at 4kcal with that food since there really aren't any cal dense carbs/grains on there aside from the pasta. Are you currently gaining on this diet?

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #50
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh yeah?... what about the strawberry, banana, vanilla ice cream, or the cookies and cream... should I continue?
Vanilla Ice Cream and Cookies and Cream are fucking disgusting.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #51
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Wait... so you are 5'7", 140lbs, and not gaining on a 4kcal diet?!? Your ratio of Pro/Cho/Fat looks good... The protein is a little on the high side... you can drop that to as low as 1g/lb and it would still be more than adequate. Your Fat intake is pretty high for your weight, but its still around 30% of your cals on a 4k diet so that's fine as well. Is your activity level through the roof (ie. are you a runner or a cyclist or something)?

In any case, I think that your diet looks good if in fact you do need 4k in cals per day. Check out this link... plug in your stats according to your activity level and metabolism and find out what your BMR is. Add 500 cals to that and its where you should be at...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=107459791

Again, your diet looks squeeky clean, and from just glancing at it I wouldn't say that you were at 4kcal with that food since there really aren't any cal dense carbs/grains on there aside from the pasta. Are you currently gaining on this diet?
Oh yeah, I calc'd all that out last time you gave me the link. I just need to find the piece of paper. I am gaining with this diet. It's just that I could eat more, so I figure why not?

Will find that paper and post back.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #52
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Is it OK to take Muscle Milk in between workouts....?

I work out like every other day so I would just take it the day I'm off...then have my regular whey protein during my workout.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #53
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I know that almost everyone uses ON, but honestly the ingredients are nothing special, and for the price most of their flavors taste like crap. Cinnamon Bun and Cup Cake Batter All The Whey are excellent, and all of the myofusion flavors are very good as well.
I tried ON after finally giving in to all the rave reviews. Tasted okay, but there was definitely a chemical/odd after taste. I'll never buy it again.

Just for the record, stay FAR AWAY from Isoflex. Possibly the worst tasting shit I've ever wasted money on. I'm struggling just to finish the jug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post

I work out like every other day so I would just take it the day I'm off...then have my regular whey protein during my workout.
Yes, that is fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #54
Labrada_Exoticz
Subscribed
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
What were his side effects?

Are you sure he wasn't taking something else you weren't aware of?

I had the same concerns and just said fuck it. Have had none.
Same thing here. Just started taking it a few weeks ago and haven't experienced any side effects.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #55
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

I took Cytogainer, it tastes pretty good, results were decent. I'd give it a shot if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #56
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Muscle Milk has a high fat content. Depends on your goals, but I wouldn't...

Tastes good though.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #57
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

Gaspari Nutrition---Size on (creatine)..the best!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #58
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
I took Cytogainer, it tastes pretty good, results were decent. I'd give it a shot if I were you.
Yeah, you gotta love that 80g of sugar that I couldn't get from a huge bowl of kiddie cereal and a scoop of whey, lol.

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #59
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

WTF.....just had my Muscle Milk...shook it before drinking and as I was about finished I started to taste these nasty globs of something.....hopefully it didn't go bad.....
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #60
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
WTF.....just had my Muscle Milk...shook it before drinking and as I was about finished I started to taste these nasty globs of something.....hopefully it didn't go bad.....
That's the protein.

Gotta shake/stir longer. Or just use a magic bullet.

You know, you suck. I'm craving MM now.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #61
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Just to let everyone know. If you have weight to lose get Animal Cut, if you want to get jacked get Animal Stacks. AMAZING STUFF!!!! All positive reviews.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #62
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Muscle Milk has MSG (monosodium glutamate) in it. MSG is an taste enhancer and more importantly an excitotoxin; it is toxic to the brain. Be VERY wary of what is in these "supplements". Do your research.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #63
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Muscle Milk has MSG (monosodium glutamate) in it. MSG is an taste enhancer and more importantly an excitotoxin; it is toxic to the brain. Be VERY wary of what is in these "supplements". Do your research.
Where did you find out that MM has MSG in it?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #64
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Chinese food is toxic to the brain? How come statistically the Chinese have a longer life span than Caucasian Americans and lower risk of mental health diseases?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #65
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
Just to let everyone know. If you have weight to lose get Animal Cut, if you want to get jacked get Animal Stacks. AMAZING STUFF!!!! All positive reviews.
Everyone I know who took Animal Stacks had great results.

I just ordered MHP time release protein, L-Carnatine caps, and BCAA caps for me and the wife.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #66
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
Chinese food is toxic to the brain? How come statistically the Chinese have a longer life span than Caucasian Americans and lower risk of mental health diseases?
They don't eat the food that we eat here in the states. They eat their native diet that they have eaten for centuries. This is why they live longer; they ate as their ancestors ate.

We are sick because we aren't eating foods. We're eating processed bullshit, taking chemical filled medications which cause massive internal disruption, and eating the shit out of carbohydrates particularly sugar and refined grains. When you take in substances that you are not designged to eat, internal malfunction, sickness, and degenerative disease results.
Appreciate 0