BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #23
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
Thats cool Chris. That is what message boards are about right!

Well, I knew someone that had a Rogue El Diablo and moved to a Eisenhaus Titanium. Both of them had VERY different sounds. The Rogue was a bit crisper in bite, where as the Eisenhaus was more of a deeper howl.

The RE sounded nothing like a Titanium muffler...trust me, I have one of the best Titanium e46 muffler that they make, the Dixis - conservative in sound, not a roar, but a howl, and the best craftsmanship - not having them mass produced in some sweat shop in Taiwan.

SS can not sound like Titanium. If you think so, then, its time to look into a hearing aid.

The Rogue system had plenty of drone if you ran muffler alone, even w/their rasp pipe - which also had issues of cracking when my close friend had it. Sadly, drone is a universal flaw, as no muffler, aside from OEM, has no drone.

Its funny how they became sponsors on m3post and seem to be influencing the crowd here. I am not sure they are or have been sponsors on the e46 board, just because a lot of their products have been debunked.

Well, clearly you have issues with Rogue...as many people do. That's fine...but irrelevant to this discussion really. Truth be told, I had huge issues with Ben at one point, but i don't let it impact my opinions of their products.

I'm glad your friend owned both... I owned both myself...so i think i can speak a bit more accurately on the subject. Yes, i owned a rasp pipe...NO, there was NO DRONE! I repeat...NO DRONE!!!

I didn't say it sounded exactly like a Ti Muffler...i said it was very similar...Period!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #24
Straz M3
Never Lose
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
Thats cool Chris. That is what message boards are about right!

Well, I knew someone that had a Rogue El Diablo and moved to a Eisenhaus Titanium. Both of them had VERY different sounds. The Rogue was a bit crisper in bite, where as the Eisenhaus was more of a deeper howl.

The RE sounded nothing like a Titanium muffler...trust me, I have one of the best Titanium e46 muffler that they make, the Dixis - conservative in sound, not a roar, but a howl, and the best craftsmanship - not having them mass produced in some sweat shop in Taiwan.

SS can not sound like Titanium. If you think so, then, its time to look into a hearing aid.

The Rogue system had plenty of drone if you ran muffler alone, even w/their rasp pipe - which also had issues of cracking when my close friend had it. Sadly, drone is a universal flaw, as no muffler, aside from OEM, has no drone.

Its funny how they became sponsors on m3post and seem to be influencing the crowd here. I am not sure they are or have been sponsors on the e46 board, just because a lot of their products have been debunked.
You really never stop do you Preeth? I mean...you have to have better things to do with your time than bash a vendor for a set of rear control arm bushings that you felt were not made adequately?

Rogue is a phenomenal company not just for the products they manufacture and sell but even more so for their customer service. I have been friends with Ben and Mark since I had my first BMW about 6 years ago and they constantly go out of their way to make each and every visit a personal and satisfying experience. If something isn't right, they fix it. If you don't like the way something feels, they fix it. You don't leave until you are happy.

Their parts have gotten praise from all boards from E30s to E9xs. You haven't given up on your rant in over a year? Now you are starting to sound childish. Why are you even here anyways? You told me that "M3Post was a place for brand whores that simply want the newest everything" This is fine...I am a brand whore...now go back to M3forum where you have 40,000 posts and put a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

I've owned everything Rogue from pulleys, short shift kits, exhausts, midpipes, sound control x pipes, tranny mounts. I've had them install things that I didn't want anyone else to touch. I even go there for my oil changes! I stand behind Ben and Mark because of their top notch products and quality customer service. Until they drop my car on their lift, I will continue to praise their company and their products.
      05-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #25
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

I thought this thread was supposed to be about an exhaust.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #26
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Who invited the wankers?

Go home girls if you have nothing to add that is on topic.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #27
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straz M3 View Post
You really never stop do you Preeth? I mean...you have to have better things to do with your time than bash a vendor for a set of rear control arm bushings that you felt were not made adequately?

Rogue is a phenomenal company not just for the products they manufacture and sell but even more so for their customer service. I have been friends with Ben and Mark since I had my first BMW about 6 years ago and they constantly go out of their way to make each and every visit a personal and satisfying experience. If something isn't right, they fix it. If you don't like the way something feels, they fix it. You don't leave until you are happy.

Their parts have gotten praise from all boards from E30s to E9xs. You haven't given up on your rant in over a year? Now you are starting to sound childish. Why are you even here anyways? You told me that "M3Post was a place for brand whores that simply want the newest everything" This is fine...I am a brand whore...now go back to M3forum where you have 40,000 posts and put a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

I've owned everything Rogue from pulleys, short shift kits, exhausts, midpipes, sound control x pipes, tranny mounts. I've had them install things that I didn't want anyone else to touch. I even go there for my oil changes! I stand behind Ben and Mark because of their top notch products and quality customer service. Until they drop my car on their lift, I will continue to praise their company and their products.
And there you have it folks...I knew PKumar must have had a gripe with Rogue!

Let's get back to the exhaust discussion!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #28
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Throughout the Rogue Engineering Race exhaust video clips on youtube, the exhaust has sounded amazing!
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #29
Straz M3
Never Lose
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Who invited the wankers?

Go home girls if you have nothing to add that is on topic.
Well, to be more on topic. I was originally going to help prototype Rogue's system when it came out but got antsy and ordered a Meisterschaft instead. Let's just say when RE's system comes out, I will probably consider selling my Meister for the RE. We'll see how it goes. Be patient!
      05-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #30
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

when you have their colleagues threaten your life on many occasions via text message, have their co-workers make fun of your girlfriend, when the co-owner continually threatens to "beat you up" at local meets, and spreads rumors that they want to "arrange a hit on you"- then perhaps you will have a different view on what Rogue is all about - and what their business practices are. those that represent a business definitely speak VOLUMES of what the business condones.

so here is my "gripe" with their "engineered products"

- i needed rtabs. i contacted the owner about them. bugged him for 2 weeks to get them for me. throughout that entire two week process, I was not told once about them being noisey or having any issues. they were installed and I came to the conclusion, as well as other forum members on m3f, that rogue rtabs that were inadequate and when the owner did not mention they were garbage and essentially made me get 2 alignments - that was just idiotic, money hungry, practice.

- i had a rogue el diablo has a weld that breaks on me on the Garden State Parkway --- like dragging behind me -- I kept it quiet as it was replaced with a muffler that had 2 welds - both eventually broke within 6 months of replacement - garbage engineering and welding - a friend of mine had 2 broken cracks on his as well after only 1 year of ownership

- the race brace that was given to me at a discount but did not fit due to shotty testing and fitment - which caused my alignment to go to shit - which I had to get redone again - oh and it was rogue that tried to install it but didn't fit.

- the rasp pipe which cracked on my friend - great product placement on the "money product" of theirs

- their only great thing was their ssk and their customer service. but apparently they were not able to ingest the problem of their products

so it was initially their products that were ROGUE POWER FAILURES, but then they decided to bad mouth me personaly due to either a) not being able to handle my criticism of their products b) just are low life NJ residents -- we have a lot, so a few more to the group, doesn't really matter.

straz man, thats your journey. you get discounts from them, your opinion on them is biased. also, it also doesn't help that you don't seem like the DIY type.

either way, it was initially a criticism of their products, they decided to make itnto something personal, and people deserve to know what type of people run this business. their e46 muffler looked like a terrible cheap copy of the dixis Ti muffler.

but so be it. they wanted to take it to that level. i just think that people should know what type of company this is. its just hard, I'm sure some of you can ingest this, when someone insults you as well as loved ones, and actually threatens you, to NOT want to fight back. so i won't involve anymore. just a heads up - their products may have been popular on the e36, but their e46 product line was popular, and then ALOT of flaws came out. I think they should just stick to short shift kits.

But hey, if you guys want to spend your money on parts like that, so be it.

I wish you guys all the luck in the world.

I am out. I am done. I no longer will talk about Rogue on this forum, as I will respect this forum, since Rogue is paying them to be a sponsor here. Take care. Hope you guys get an idea of what is up.

Last edited by PKumarM3; 05-21-2009 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0