BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

02-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #23
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

for some reason I think the s5 exterior looks better.

love the seat and engine though. interior is very nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #24
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
for some reason I think the s5 exterior looks better.

love the seat and engine though. interior is very nice.
Trust me this isn't the case in person. To put it another way, if you happen to think the M3 looks better the the 335i then you haven't seen anything.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #25
BlackLemon
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13-750i, 15-Hurc., 14 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Yummie to my Tummie!!! Crossing my fingers that it'll arrive to Canada next year!
They wont. I spoke with the GM of Glenmore Audi (calgary) he said yur not going to see the RS5 anytime in the near future. RS cars com at the end of a model run. so we may no see any RS cars for another 3-4 years. So the GM tells me
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #26
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

the A5/S5 has been out for a while, so how much longer will it be before B8 platform going to be near its "end of a model run"? I think 3-4 years is a little bit stretched if we're really going to see it. Unless they pull the same thing like skipping an RS model on the B6 chassis(yes, I know B7 is essentially the same) ... we should see the RS5 sooner than later, if it's coming
      03-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #27
McCartney
Private
Rep
Drives: undisclosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLemon View Post
They wont. I spoke with the GM of Glenmore Audi (calgary) he said yur not going to see the RS5 anytime in the near future. RS cars com at the end of a model run. so we may no see any RS cars for another 3-4 years. So the GM tells me
He's stupid, don't listen to him.

The RS4 came out exactly 2 years after the Audi A4 was announced. This is no different. THe S5 is almost 2 years old as of this summer, and the RS5 should be announced.

I don't see why they wouldn't give us the car, we actually have a reason to purchase it over an M3.

On another note, usually GMs don't know what the hell they're talking about until they get press information from Audi themselves.

The RS5 still hasn't been unveiled at Geneva, and I hardly think Audi is letting it's channels know the car is available until that announcement is on.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #28
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
He's stupid, don't listen to him.
Didn't you two watch the Olympics? I thought Canadians were nice to each other? Jessh.

Agreed though, GM's would be the last source I'd use for new car information. But I'll be surprised if it's offered in North America, the $10k+ price differential to the M3 just doesn't seem to make sense. When the B6 RS4 was offered it was a 4 door with a V8 and 412 hp while the M3 was a coupe or vert and had 333hp, so they had a justification to the higher price, now it seems too similar to justify the price gap, even though it does look (and probably sounds) great.

In related news, how long until the R8 gets this motor, and will it be available without the nancy transmission?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #29
McCartney
Private
Rep

But the case can be practicality.

I also think that while it may not be justified otherwise, that it doesn't hurt in offering the car and then special ordering each one (as in none on the lot).

We Canadians are quite nice to eachother, I just don't like car dealership GMs. Especially Audi's, they rub me the wrong way. Most GMs love to be in control and know everything, and if they don't they'll blatantly lie to project the image of "all-knowing GM at xxxx dealership".

I just don't dig it, I respect a man more for what he doesn't know than what he does. It's our ability to ask questions that empower mankind, not bathing in our own ignorance.

:P
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #30
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Weren't the RS4 convertibles all special order cars? Seems like it could work for the RS5, provided they wouldn't need to get new crash ratings for it.

I was kidding on the Canadian hostility. Thanks for sending most of your players back to US teams!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #31
McCartney
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Weren't the RS4 convertibles all special order cars? Seems like it could work for the RS5, provided they wouldn't need to get new crash ratings for it.

I was kidding on the Canadian hostility. Thanks for sending most of your players back to US teams!

<--- -Ryan Miller fan.

I wanted the US to win, actually. Anyone but Canada, but my order was 1. Sweden, 2. Ryan Miller.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #32
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Engine figures are certainly disappointing. The car looks heavy. I wonder if it will be lighter than the M3.