BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

02-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #23
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
A citizen's arrest was in order at that point.
      02-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #24
335DOG
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Dude, here in Texas he would have been shot if he tried that shit.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #25
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
Probably drunk, on drugs, and/or showing off to his friends. No excuse...a car can be a weapon ...and in the wrong hands, can cause way too much grief. That dude needs a lesson. No slack. Stay on azimuth...don't let this fade away.
      02-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #26
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc3r View Post
why do ppl driving trucks and suv always like to ride on other's bumper? I get tailgated by trucks and suvs all the time.. I usually slow down or move to other lane to avoid them.. no sense getting into accidents if you can avoid it. just really annoyed with tailgating truck/suv drivers.
It's not all. But I will tell you, I talglate people who drive slow in the far left two lanes, or leave too many car lengths in traffic. Has nothing to do with me driving an SUV/truck. Some people just feel they own the road though.

This kid will undoubtedly do it again. He'll end up doing it to somebody who is pissed off and has a gun. Karma's a bitch.

Some punk kids purposely rear end my dad one time. He got out and they were just laughing their heads off. He made some comments to them which they ignored. He wrote down their plate as they drove off.

Why didn't you floor it when you saw what he was doing though? I would have called the cops immediately while seeing him do this.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #27
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
i would have called the cops on my cell and followed him till they caught up

besides the fact that id be pissed if he got away (never know if its his car, police cant prive he was driver w/ plates) its a good excuse to drive like a crazy person
+1

Exactly what I would've done. No way some punk in an SUV is getting away from me in my BMW. And if I had him cornered and he got out thinking he ws going to kick my ass, I would unleash the hurt like never before.

No one, and I mean no one messes with my BMW. If they do they have to go through me first.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #28
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
This kid will undoubtedly do it again. He'll end up doing it to somebody who is pissed off and has a gun. Karma's a bitch.
Yup. One day he will get his. Just like the SUV following the Z4 video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Some punk kids purposely rear end my dad one time. He got out and they were just laughing their heads off. He made some comments to them which they ignored. He wrote down their plate as they drove off.

Why didn't you floor it when you saw what he was doing though? I would have called the cops immediately while seeing him do this.
I wonder what those kids would've said if your day grabbed a steel baton, like the one the police use, out of his glovebox, fliped it out, and started walking towards them.

In my case I actually wouldn't mind if the guy did this to me, come to think of it, so long as the police got him. I've been eyeing that dual exhaust bumper from the 335i for a while now.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #29
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DOG View Post
"That's how they do it in Texas, baby!"
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #30
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
A citizen's arrest was in order at that point.
Be glad to.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #31
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarj View Post
This kid, looked to be 16-ish, was harassing people on the interstate by getting as close as possible to the car in front of him, slowing down, and gunning it as close as a foot from the car again. I watched him do this to two other cars and then he got behind me and started riding my ass. When he backed off I began to slow down and he gunned it and rear-ended me on purpose! He then left the interstate by driving across the grass shoulder (Chevy equinox SUV) and onto a parallell road. I took the next exit and chased him down, as I barelly glimpsed him turn off in the distance. I drove around the subdivision, found him, and followed until I got a good picture of his plates, then backed I off and called the cops.

The bumper took the hit and only has a slight scuff, thank god. I've never been so angry in my life. The cops are on their way out to take the report.
If he was a member on this forum, I am sure you would be able to verbally rape him until he never wants to drive again...

anyway, that sucks, I hate punk kids that do stuff like that...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #32
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi/2019 bmw 230i

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarj View Post
This kid, looked to be 16-ish, was harassing people on the interstate by getting as close as possible to the car in front of him, slowing down, and gunning it as close as a foot from the car again. I watched him do this to two other cars and then he got behind me and started riding my ass. When he backed off I began to slow down and he gunned it and rear-ended me on purpose! He then left the interstate by driving across the grass shoulder (Chevy equinox SUV) and onto a parallell road. I took the next exit and chased him down, as I barelly glimpsed him turn off in the distance. I drove around the subdivision, found him, and followed until I got a good picture of his plates, then backed I off and called the cops.

The bumper took the hit and only has a slight scuff, thank god. I've never been so angry in my life. The cops are on their way out to take the report.
Was it this kid???

f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #33
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
^^^^^^^lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg Tooooo Funnnnyyy!! WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM
      02-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #34
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
No offense but I do spend a lot of time on your highways (Houston) and I would not be surprised if that kinda crap was to happen in TX as well......
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #35
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Sorry to hear about that, bro.
A similar story happened to my friend a while back. This guy was trying to provoke him to race with him and my friend didn't want to. The guy was pissed off and tail gated my friend for a block or so. Little did he know that my friend was an off duty LAPD officer
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #36
335DOG
Private
Rep

It does happen in H Town but the difference is that when you do it in Houston, you have to be willing to pay for the consequences of your action. And I don't mean the consequence of going to jail or a ticket. With more than half of Houstonians carrying a gun in their car (and this statistic of over 50% is not something I made up) is something you have to think about (I know these little punks don't think much). I know you might visit Houston alot but its little different when you live here and watch the news daily. People get shot on the roadway frequently in Texas for something less than hitting a car for the hell of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
No offense but I do spend a lot of time on your highways (Houston) and I would not be surprised if that kinda crap was to happen in TX as well......
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #37
magamaga
-
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
325i Sparkling Graphite/Navigation/Steptronic/HeatedSeats/ DRL Angel Eyes/Metal Pedals/Tail Pipe Tips/Rear BMW Spoiler/BMWAlarm/LoJack/BlackLineTailLights/Hardwired BeltronicsProfessionalRX65RadarDetector/Rear FogLights/Debadged/LUX 5.0/ACS Roof Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #38
spark227
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Texas doesn't even allow open carry like in Virginia

Accidental brandishing with a concealed weapon permit is also an arrestable offense in TX
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #39
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by magamaga View Post
Magamaga- I was just in the process of posting a pic of the shit heel's's (mom's) assramming SUV, but the obnoxious nature of the "worthless without pics" smiley made me reconsider. When I get around to my inevitable "Pics of me doing your girlfriend" thread, I'll certainly host a gallery spread so as not to be misleading. This is not really a thread that needs photographic illustration.

I filed the report over the phone with a very bored desk cop who sounded even more bored when we got to the 'no visible damage' portion of the quiz. I must say that the hit was substantial, and I'm astounded that the plastic rear bumper survied so well. I'll find out tomorrow when I wash it if there's scuffing. Anyway, the cop said that they would 'vestigate' the claim and recommended that I file a claim for even minuscule etching on my rear bumper !! so that my ins. co. !! would track him down. Honestly, with the potentially homicidal nature of what I described, I thought I'd get a squad-car write-up and a knock on his parent's door. He even declined the pics of the car claiming policy about email attachments. Said I would host the pic and send it HTML, but still not interested. At this point my rage morphed into despair and regret. I have along list of hindsight points, the main one not following him until a squad car arrived.... but I also think that his "teenage fearlessness" desperation would have led me on a chase (already clocking ~120mph in pursuit) resulting in my ass winding up in jail for weeks and his in juvie for few days.

I asked about other reports potentially phoned in about said incident (many witnesses, major havoc), but 'he didn't have access to that material'. This is, after all, an event that began with a psycho driving down the highway pseudo-ramming cars for shits and giggles, and cumulating in him actually ramming a (6wk old $50K) car, nearly flipping his SUV as he jumped a curb / side-slid across the grass median, and provoked a high-speed chase through a closed subdivision (that, I am partially responsible for, but it was like Carl Lewis playing tag with a fat kid). He nearly caused a multi-car pileup in heavy traffic and I (at least) hope that they'll contact the mouth breathing felcher's mom and elicit a 'no xbox for a week grounding' ..... maybe a new rule about smoking meth and driving the mommobile at the same time, but better yet, a "brutal beating from dad, leaving the scene + wreckless endangerment + assault with a deadly weapon' charges and a painful vacay at juvie, but that's dreaming, it appears.

Maybe something will come of the report, but I seriously doubt it based on the mockingly glib tone of the ossifer and the lack of physical evidence (aside from a big swathe of median and tire tracks, LOL, CSI sleeps well tonight). I chastise myself for even giving chase, but pat my neo-adult self on the back for not beating him to death with my bare hands.

As for the multiple posts from Texas suggesting firearms application.... well, I don't know what to say. I've never been so ready to kill someone in my life, and I'm glad that I didn't have my chrome-plated Barrett .50 cal in the trunk ( it was in the shop for BORS installation), or I'd be talking 335 with some very interested pedophiles in the Washington County pokey.

My friend's husband is a semi-psychotic Sherrif's Deputy, and I'll see if I can't get him to kick the kid's door down and slap moms around a bit for restitution. If a happy ending comes from this, I'll post it up, but don't hold your breath. I at least want to find out the kid's name so that I can testify at his inevitable vehic. manslaughter trial.

Last edited by edgarj; 02-17-2007 at 01:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2007, 01:10 AM   #40
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Should have called the popo on your cell and stalked him till they showed up. North on freebush, turning east on main, etc. Also, be adamant that you want to press charges. Attempted murder, reckless endangerment, felony hit and run, etc. come to mind. Throw the book at the little snot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2007, 01:14 AM   #41
logik06g35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: g35 6mt, 335i soon, 07 yfz450

shoulda busted his head open.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2007, 01:14 AM   #42
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Got to hand it to our legal system...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2007, 01:45 AM   #43
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Should have called the popo on your cell and stalked him till they showed up. North on freebush, turning east on main, etc. Also, be adamant that you want to press charges. Attempted murder, reckless endangerment, felony hit and run, etc. come to mind. Throw the book at the little snot.
Yeah, that was what I attempted to do for the first few minutes after cornering him, but he (and my assfaced self) was driving at 'SUV top speed'(i.e. a deadly and, for him, uncontrollable, 60+mph) through suburbia just as school was letting out. I have iDrive, bluetooth, but the "non emergency" number was not available and 911 quickly snubbed my 'Dukes of Hazard-esque' request for backup, and they don't forward the call when they file you under jackass as no one is OD'ing or stabbing a cop in the face with a Rambo knife. It just dosent work out like I previously thought it would when I snapped pics of the asshole's car and thought my impecable drivng/citizenship record would carry a simple investigation of, what well could have resulted in, vhicular manslaughter by a pubescent oxygen-theif. Again, I'm not going to defend the fact that I didn't follow him at speed untill A) Krispie Kreeme closed and a cop was dispatched or B) he wrecked and killed someone. On his desperate maladroit driving terms, following him was not an option. He was WAY more invested in this game than me. I never should have drifted two corners and wound out a 1/4+ mile sprint in catching up with him in the 1st place. What prize did I get other than a big bag of regret and a lingering sense of stupidity for believing that my Barney Fief style 'citizeens areeast' plan would be anything but the impotent comedy that it was. . In the end, it just embarrases me that I didn't write it of as urban attrition. Please, no more.. 'you should have killed the bastard's family' posts. It's been a shitty day as it is without all of the armchair quarterbacking that I accidentally solicited. Blaah.

Thanks for the sympathetic ears. We all love our cars, but hopefully not more than freedom and a clear conscience. Now if I had installed that aero rear bumper , you'd be watching this from helicopter cam on Nightline.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2007, 02:34 AM   #44
335DOG
Private
Rep

What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark227 View Post
Texas doesn't even allow open carry like in Virginia

Accidental brandishing with a concealed weapon permit is also an arrestable offense in TX
Appreciate 0