BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #111
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
While I understand the fact that BMW is out to make money(who isn't?)I'm only stating that they've lost focus of what BMW was really about. The love for driving. Porsche doesn't make any huge returns on the GT2, GT2 RS, GT3 and GT3 RS but they sell them and they have kept them true Porches through and through. BMW just wants money to give it's investors instead of taking that money and putting it back into the company and reinvesting and trying to keep BMW a BMW. Like I said, I love BMW and my family has gone through at least 10 BMW's within the past 10 years but ever since the e9x, they've lost sight of who they are. BMW doesn't have an answer for ANY of the big boys out there. Audi and Mercedes are BMW's BIGGEST competitors and they can produce cars like the R8 V10 and the SLS AMG but BMW can't? BS.
I think that is why they came out with the 1M. This is BMW's (///M) new direction and only the start of things to come. It's BMW going back to their roots.

BMW has also hinted around at a supercar to take on the likes of Lambo

"To end with a bang and more speculations, AutoExpress says revolutionary new M3 is also in the pipeline, and there are discussions over a Lamborghini Aventador-rivalling supercar, or even an Audi R8 competitor."

bmwblog.com
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #112
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari4evr1 View Post
I think that is why they came out with the 1M. This is BMW's (///M) new direction and only the start of things to come. It's BMW going back to their roots.

BMW has also hinted around at a supercar to take on the likes of Lambo

"To end with a bang and more speculations, AutoExpress says revolutionary new M3 is also in the pipeline, and there are discussions over a Lamborghini Aventador-rivalling supercar, or even an Audi R8 competitor."

bmwblog.com
Nobody is fooled by the 1M. It's another car that BMW just wants to make money off of. Other then that, I can't wait to see what BMW has in store for the next generation. Hopefully, they will realize that they don't need all this gas saving tech. Make the car lighter and the car will naturally use less gas. Look at Porsche. They've been using that 3.4L and 3.6L in their cars for years and they'll carry over to the next generation with a little revision. Great to hear BMW is finally thinking of competing with the big boys!
Appreciate 0