BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

09-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Full Size ZCP Spare

My new M is the wife's DD. She absolutely cannot go without a spare as she is a doc and has patients. She can wait for AAA to swap a spare but cannot wait for a flatbed to the dealer and lose a whole day. And forget about the can of goo in the trunk.

I am not going the space saver spare route since I have a 380/355mm stoptech setup and doubt anything will fit. If something will truly fit, I am listening, but it sounds like the space saver thread was only designed to clear OEM calipers.

I am considering buying a matching OEM ZCP full size front wheel/tire that can also go on the back in a pinch. If I order the 19x9 front and put a 245/35 on it, what size spacer is needed for the rear? Or can I just ignore a rear spacer altogether as this will only be a temporary tire until i buy a new one or fix the flat? It just has to clear the stoptechs in the rear and drive down the road. It doesn't have to "look" right.

Will the mismatched wheel circumference on the rear be a problem with the limited slip diff? I would expect it to only be a problem with a full locked rear diff which the M does not have.

Yes, this is an $900 setup, but a day of lost patients covers that.

Thanks
Appreciate 0