BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #23
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Since this is now your first brand new bimmer, it is totally understandable. people that buy used sometimse just do not get it because they think they saved a bunch of money for the "same" car and they never miss the new buying and owning experience.

I love seeing my car at the dealer brand new, I love being able to do the first detail and keep it absolutely perfect paint from the get go. Love the brand new interior/leather and again being able to control how well I take care of it and keep it brand new.

There is also pride in owning something from the beginning. I love knowing my engine from day 1 and its quirks and know that I completely spoiled it with frequent oil changes, filter changes way to ofte and engine detailing.

So much more that is hard to explain but if you have never got a brand new car that you ordered it is totally worth it! Enjoy! Not sure I would have done it if I had a 2011, used or not! I probably would have gotten another car if I was set on buying a new one.

I have my eye out for a used m5 and am looking but in no rush. Would be my first used car and I am a bit hesitant!
Thank you! and yes you are so right what you are saying .... this is my second new BMW (from the 7 I will have owned after I pick up this new one this weekend) my first new BMW was my e28 a 1987 535is we still have it in the family there are pictures in my garage(s) of this now almost 25 year old car. You know I still smell the leather of this car as it did when I first got it in 1987.

Mind you I owned many other cars that I got brand new our first ever new car was a 1961 VW Beetle many others followed after that mainly company cars. It was always difficult to get into the German cars new al-dough I once drove a 1999 Mercedes M Class as my company car.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Happy Thanksgiving to our American Forum Members

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #24
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Thank you! and yes you are so right what you are saying .... this is my second new BMW (from the 7 I will have owned after I pick up this new one this weekend) my first new BMW was my e28 a 1987 535is we still have it in the family there are pictures in my garage(s) of this now almost 25 year old car. You know I still smell the leather of this car as it did when I first got it in 1987.

Mind you I owned many other cars that I got brand new our first ever new car was a 1961 VW Beetle many others followed after that mainly company cars. It was always difficult to get into the German cars new al-dough I once drove a 1999 Mercedes M Class as my company car.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter
Your a sick man Rolf!Congrats on the new purchase and I am pretty sure you will enjoy the new car.We only go around once so yes why not do it,especially if the wife is onside
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #25
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Congrats and enjoy your new M!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #26
ceesar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Convertible

Garage List
V nice!!! Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing those photos
2012 M3 Convertible, Jerez Black, Fox Red || 27/Aug : placed orded || 2/Nov : Entered production || 15/Nov : Finished production || 16/Nov : At the port waiting loading || 22/Nov : on a boat en-route to the West Coast || 29/Dec : arrives at dealer || 31/Dec : collected it, and loving every second of it since!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 12:31 AM   #27
zhp2m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Couldnt have chosen a better color..congrats
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #28
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Wow, Congrats! I'm glad it's wife-approved!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 12:52 AM   #29
jin.patrick
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Congrats!! It's my favorite color on our M3's!!

I'm guessing you live in GTA?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 01:54 AM   #30
piloto
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR

Congrats. You seem quite happy OP, which is what this is all about.

You're going to love iDrive. Once you get used to it, it's hard to go back to one without, imho. Especially if you have an iphone and wish to stream music. With MOG, you can dial up almost any song anytime you want through your iDrive. How awesome is that?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 07:31 AM   #31
dhoggm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 850i C, Gated R8 5.2, E63

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #32
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Your a sick man Rolf!Congrats on the new purchase and I am pretty sure you will enjoy the new car.We only go around once so yes why not do it,especially if the wife is onside
Thanks I sure will enjoy it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
Congrats and enjoy your new M!
Thank you ... something about a nice new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoggm3 View Post
Nice!
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceesar View Post
V nice!!! Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing those photos
Thanks I will take the photos as soon as I get her home and the sun will peek out for the photo shoot. Then I will move the AW out and park the Blue one in my garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp2m3 View Post
Couldnt have chosen a better color..congrats
Thank you, yes I like the Blue very much ... hope my new babe will get along well with my wife's white MB

I once had a red Mercedes AMG my friends called it a Pimp Mobile ... I did not want to get a red one since the Police seams to keep an eye out for men driving a red M3 ... just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
Wow, Congrats! I'm glad it's wife-approved!
Yes I am glad as well, I expected more static then I got hold of her in a good mood I guess and told her all about what I done ... it's all about the moment, I picked it right after we went shopping for a nice new winter coat for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Montreal View Post
Congrats!! It's my favorite color on our M3's!!

I'm guessing you live in GTA?
Thank you .... yes actually 2 hour drive west from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Congrats. You seem quite happy OP, which is what this is all about.

You're going to love iDrive. Once you get used to it, it's hard to go back to one without, imho. Especially if you have an iphone and wish to stream music. With MOG, you can dial up almost any song anytime you want through your iDrive. How awesome is that?
Thank you ... I will, got used to it in our DD (my wife's car has the Command System) it is rather cool. Much saver then my TomTom and yes I am looking forward to choosing my favourite music from my iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoggm3 View Post
Nice!
Thank you

Happy Thanksgiving to our American Forum Members

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 11-24-2011 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: Added Foot Note ... Happy Thanksgiving
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #33
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Congrats Rolf. Great combo sir !
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #34
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Alright Rolf!! Lemans + carbon leather FTW! Fully loaded in Canada = baller.
      11-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #35
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Congrats Rolf. Love to see the "not so young" guys staying young (no knock on you...I'm 40+ myself).

Nice color choice. I waffled between LMB and AW myself. Looking forward to pics
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #36
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Congrats Rolf. Great combo sir !
Thank you I love it too. My e46 was silver on black and it was nice and still is. I like to try the blue for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Alright Rolf!! Lemans + carbon leather FTW! Fully loaded in Canada = baller.
Now the word Baller has several meanings as I recall (even checked it out under definition of ...), knowing you are my friend I somehow know that it's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Man, I can't wait to see the photos of this beauty! What a great color combo.
I will make a nice photo shoot once I have her (hopefully at the weekend the dealer is very busy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Congrats Rolf. Love to see the "not so young" guys staying young (no knock on you...I'm 40+ myself).

Nice color choice. I waffled between LMB and AW myself. Looking forward to pics
Thanks aims, the nice thing is to put the cash difference on the table drive away and forget about it, did I just say forget about it see I've been watching too many good Italian films and I am German/Canadian go figure

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 11-24-2011 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #37
BMWNTHZST
Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [9.50]
2015 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
1997 BMW 840CI  [9.50]
2011 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2008 BMW 335i Conve ...  [8.40]
Congrats on the NEW M3. She sounds like a beauty!

There's no better feeling knowing you were the one to pop the cherry on this M and not someone else

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics

Good luck sleeping tonight and tomorrow night
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #38
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Nw the word Baller has several meanings as I recall (even checked it out under definition of ...), knowing you are my friend I somehow know that i's all good
Oh knowing me, I can promise you I messed up the context. What I meant to say is.... loaded in Canada can be obtained by only a few.
      11-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #39
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNTHZST View Post
Congrats on the NEW M3. She sounds like a beauty!

There's no better feeling knowing you were the one to pop the cherry on this M and not someone else

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics

Good luck sleeping tonight and tomorrow night
Thank you ... only slept 3 hours last night it will indeed be a problem ... I was just informed that the key handover will only take place on Monday afternoon who said the economy is bad with the dealer having so much business ... oh I know Jay Leno tells it to his band leader every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Oh knowing me, I can promise you I messed up the context. What I meant to say is.... loaded in Canada can be obtained by only a few.
Stefan, I just knew you meant nothing bad and as far as loading it up is concerned it was that way when I finally found her

Not all of the options can be bang on if one does not want to wait for the second delivery after ED ... in my case it is the trim ... I might have to change it if it is not exactly to my liking after delivery ... the good thing is that one can change the trim without too much problems as I've learned from some of the forum members ... so in the end it's all good

All the rest of it is exactly what I was hunting for pictures will follow early next week.

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #40
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Once again I like to thank all for your nice wishes and comments ... special thanks to Mark ... I almost purchased his nice car and fell in love with the Le Mans Blue while looking and reading all his ED posts and then his delivery in the US followed by his sad for sale post ... Now I am feeling the same sleepless nights he experienced just before delivery ... this will be my first brand new car since 1999 ... all others have been second hand ... what a nice feeling this is.

Delivery will be Monday .... I cannot wait ... sleepless nights then you happy M3 drivers know all about this

Stand by for photos to be added here some time next week if our nice fall weather holds out

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:48 PM   #41
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

I feel you. I'm thinking of doing the same, life is short. If you've got the $'s, go for it...you can't take it to the grave. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #42
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
Once again I like to thank all for your nice wishes and comments ... special thanks to Mark ... I almost purchased his nice car and fell in love with the Le Mans Blue while looking and reading all his ED posts and then his delivery in the US followed by his sad for sale post ... Now I am feeling the same sleepless nights he experienced just before delivery ... this will be my first brand new car since 1999 ... all others have been second hand ... what a nice feeling this is.

Delivery will be Monday .... I cannot wait ... sleepless nights then you happy M3 drivers know all about this

Stand by for photos to be added here some time next week if our nice fall weather holds out

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter
Rolf.. I literally had 5 weeks of sleepless nights waiting for my M3 to be delivered. Then, once I got it, I could not sleep from excitement. I would get up and open the door to the garage to to look and make sure I wasn't dreaming. Good luck getting any sleep at all for a few weeks. I can feel your excitement and will be waiting for your post after you pick up your new baby on Monday!!

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #43
RubenV
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E82 120d Coupé - SGM

If I had the chance and the money, I would probably do the same
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #44
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
I feel you. I'm thinking of doing the same, life is short. If you've got the $'s, go for it...you can't take it to the grave. Congrats!
You are so right about this ... friends of mine are falling like trees (stroke, heart attack cancer etc.) I am blessed at my age to enjoy the finer things in life. My original plan was to do the ED then the long waiting period was not agreeing with my plans. So I found this babe just what the doctor ordered My Euro trip next year will be by EuroRailPass I can always rent a car at every train station. You should follow your heart and do it too if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
Rolf.. I literally had 5 weeks of sleepless nights waiting for my M3 to be delivered. Then, once I got it, I could not sleep from excitement. I would get up and open the door to the garage to to look and make sure I wasn't dreaming. Good luck getting any sleep at all for a few weeks. I can feel your excitement and will be waiting for your post after you pick up your new baby on Monday!!
I know what you mean it will be tough the first few months

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenV View Post
If I had the chance and the money, I would probably do the same
No worries my friend, make plans for it one day you will have one of those fine automobiles too

This is my first brand new one since 1999 (other then my DD I just purchased for my wife). I am looking forward to making this fine car part of my North American travel plans

Appreciate 0