BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #23
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

PCD M3??

No way...I'd walk, there's too many other cars to choose from IMO
      10-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #24
Capt Awesome
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Msport

Wow, this has been a really enlightening experience.

I went from "hey, this isn't a bad price for this car" to, "woa, it's most likely a performance center car, omg gtfo!"

I've now been doing research on the performance center cars and it's split pretty much 50/50 (as with everything else like DCT and moonroofs). I guess I'll just take this like any other car purchase, take it for an inspection, and if the price is right and everything checks out, go for it.

...unless anyone here has any actual first hand experience with buying a PC car and not just an opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #25
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Just did performance center delivery for M3. Not only did I beat on my car but I was ENCOURAGED to do so. They really want you to test the limits of your (their) car in a controlled enviroment. It would have to be a really sweet deal for me to bite.
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
Capt Awesome
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Msport

Had my local BMW dealer look up the VIN. It's definitely a PC car. They were able to give me the full history on it and told me everything that was replaced on it.

In theory that shouldn't be all that bad eh? Lots of new parts on a car with low mileage... that was driven to hell and back.

I've gotta stop trying to convince myself to buy this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #27
Benjjman007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50iMSport & MP4-12C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Awesome View Post
First time poster, short time lurker. I'm doing my research and think I found a good one. However, the Carfax and Autocheck seems to be a little odd due to the only records of it being from the sale at auction and current title registration in IL. Shouldn't there be an initial purchase record?

Can anyone give me some advice or opinions about this? Here's some background info on the car:

2009 e90 LeMans Blue DCT
9,600 miles
Options:
Cold Weather, Premium, Technology package, Nav
19" wheels
Moonroof, BMW Assist, Rear park distance, etc...
Original MSRP was $72,150

Asking $52,800

Do you guys think this is a good deal?

Also, is the Carfax report. Does anything look odd here, or could this be somewhat normal to only have so few records for a car with so few miles? Autocheck only shows 2 of the 4 records that are on Carfax.
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...PM93519E201123

Any help is appreciated. I'm going to test drive the car later this week and if it's all good, I'll get my mechanic to give it a once-over before I buy. Hope to find an M3 soon and then be much more active on these boards
FORMER PERFORMANCE CENTER CAR! Verified with a friend at BMW thru their internal computer.

**edit**

just saw your post. my 08 was a PC car and ended up having a bearing issue. I would stay IMHO
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #28
zhangzeyuandss
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, 911 GTS manual,F80,G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarino21 View Post
OP,

I looked into this car recently myself. And others similar to it in your area. Be careful of the following:

Luxury Auto Xchange is a subsidiary of Perillo BMW. Search around this forum and you'll see they have a generally bad reputation. Selling refurbished track cars and lemon law buybacks, other complaints. They were straight up with me but I think they could tell I wasn't stupid about what I was looking at.

The fact that the Carfax doesn't have any owners listed means that the car was previously owned by BMW. And not in the dealer loaner/demo sense. Those cars have to be titled. The car you're looking at was probably auctioned by BMW after being used at their performance center - a track car.

Make sure you get all the info you can about maintenance history. I know for a fact that Perillo has two used 09 M3's at their main facility on the north side that are both former performance center cars. One of their SA's there told me this straight up. Their Carfax reports look just like the one you posted above.

100% track use may or may not be the end of the world - I'll let others who are more knowledgeable about that chime in if they want. I personally would not buy that car, though, unless it was heavily discounted.

-JM
Check out e90 great lake forum...if the car is anything related to Perillo or LAX. Then is 90% bad news....
+Performance center car..I don't know man...I personally think you should check around...I would buy a slightly higher mile regular car than a 100% track time car.

2011.5 mineral white e92 zcp 6mt m3

Last edited by zhangzeyuandss; 10-05-2011 at 01:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #29
04ImolaZHP
Rep
Drives: S6

I had a terrible experience at Luxury Auto Xchange - by far the worst ever. My reviews elsewhere do not begin to describe how bad things are. Stay away from them.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #30
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
Just did performance center delivery for M3. Not only did I beat on my car but I was ENCOURAGED to do so. They really want you to test the limits of your (their) car in a controlled enviroment. It would have to be a really sweet deal for me to bite.
+1, I drove the one I had like I stole it--from somebody I really didn't like!
Appreciate 0