BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

10-23-2015, 01:55 AM   #23
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
I think you may have some problems with your DCT??
No it's pretty common with supercharged DCT cars. That's why they say you lose the "kick down" feature. There will be a delay before the car actually starts putting the power down. It feels like the DCT saving itself or something.
Gintani Supercharger/ Gintani x-pipe/ Challenge rear muffler section powder coated black/ Alpine DCT Tune & Coding/ Republic Werkz modded headlights and tail lights/ Gloss black cosmetics, hood vents, and mirror caps/ Piano Black interior trim, Roof painted black by Ranz Motorsports/ Velos Designwerkz Solo V's/ KW V3's/ MRF Solid sub-frame bushings W/ Delrin Diff bushings/ Duke Dynamics CSL Trunk/ Euro bumper/ Full Dinmann aero kit.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #24
Sales@Alekshop
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBM3 View Post
I think the car behaves almost like stock under normal driving conditions. Technically more power through the range but not terribly noticeable. It's when you get on it.

Also with DCT, if you are driving in 5th gear and floor it, downshifts to 2nd and the transmission slips... So if you want to get on it you have to manually shift down and wait a couple seconds. Things like that may bother you if you have DCT.
Supercharger ECU software that is properly optimized for DCT and DCT performance software will reduce the delay in the DCT clutch engagement when you go WOT. That being said a DCT supercharged car going WOT will always shift faster when in manual mode VS auto. The added power from a supercharger will cause the DCT computer to slightly delay clutch engagement during WOT when in auto but you should never have to downshift and wait a couple seconds to get on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #25
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Drives perfectly fine, just a bit louder but nothing to complain about.
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #26
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderG60 View Post
What kind of MPG do you guys get?
I did a 2,000 mile road trip and recorded my miles and gas in a log "bigger fuel injectors make the onboard computer read wrong" with ess vt2 625 I got just over 19mpg almost all on hwy doing 80-100mph 500miles a day.
Around town.. its much much less haha

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #27
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Alekshop View Post
Supercharger ECU software that is properly optimized for DCT and DCT performance software will reduce the delay in the DCT clutch engagement when you go WOT. That being said a DCT supercharged car going WOT will always shift faster when in manual mode VS auto. The added power from a supercharger will cause the DCT computer to slightly delay clutch engagement during WOT when in auto but you should never have to downshift and wait a couple seconds to get on it.
If I'm in auto and cruising around 5th, 6th, 7th gear - then floor it.... the car will downshift, the clutch won't engage fast enough, rev up (burn up?) and go into limp mode with a transmission overheating error. I confirmed a couple others with the same issue so it's not just mine.

In manual mode, it's not as bad but still have to wait when down shifting if it's more than 1 gear. Maybe a second or two for it to clearly engage. I don't drive it much so I'm not an expert on the intricacy of it, but it's certainly not ideal.

I'd love it if others here have a DCT and supercharger and can chime in. Maybe I need a different DCT tune or something, no idea. But to be clear, when going up in manual mode it's rock solid, going down not bad but if I drop the gears several gears too fast, and get on it too quickly I'll have issues.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #28
Weyne Masters
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M3 LIME ROCK VT2-625

My car has VT2-625 and DCT tuning ,they works fine,no issue!
Appreciate 0