BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

05-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #221
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Unbelievable..fucking unbelievable.. I don't know how rockets do it without their 2 best player.. using someone 6'6 as their center..
Don't include McGrady as our "two best". As far as I'm (an almost every other Rocket fan) is concerned, he's not a Rocket. And he won't be after next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
First quarter set the tone for everything.
That's been the case in this series.

I'm still standing behind my team. Game 7 will be the closest game all series. Rockets by 9.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #222
ianthegreat
Colonel
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
Can someone tell me why Lakers lost?
Two words.

Aaron Brooks
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #223
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
Can someone tell me why Lakers lost?
Make millions more by going back to LA to win.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #224
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Don't include McGrady as our "two best". As far as I'm (an almost every other Rocket fan) is concerned, he's not a Rocket. And he won't be after next year.

I'm still standing behind my team. Game 7 will be the closest game all series. Rockets by 9.
I hope so. Vegas doesn't think so. Open LA by 12. Current LA by 12.5.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #225
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I hope so. Vegas doesn't think so. Open LA by 12. Current LA by 12.5.
12.5? I'll put my money on the Rockets
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #226
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
Make millions more by going back to LA to win.
And the commissioner was at the game last night. I may have been crazy, but when they interviewed him, I swear he was in a leather recliner, lol.

Ever since that referee scandal, the NBA has been kinda sketchy. Several ex NBA players even said that it's almost like wrestling.

Some of the calls last night were questionable though, I'll give you that.

Lakers will take this one hardcore I think. I foresee Lakers winning by at least 10. It will be funny if some of the Nuggets are at the game.

The only answer Lakers have for Brooks is Farmar. I think Trevor and Jordan deserve more play times. I believe Jordan had 11 points in the 10 mins he played. And Fisher bricked all of his shots.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #227
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
12.5? I'll put my money on the Rockets
I am going to keep it in my pocket on this one.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #228
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989baby View Post
yea what the fock Sasha has sucked the last 2 games..

too bad it was black people.... not us Mexicans
Sasha has sucked this whole season. He comes in and within the first minute, he fires off a shot and 95% of the time, he bricks it. It's funny that I'm seeing Facebook updates on the band wagon fans about giving up on the Lakers already, pathetic.

And last year when the fights broke out during the Western Finals when the Lakers were away, both fights I saw were caused by the homies. Standard stereotypical steez as hell..Ben Davis pants and Nike Cortez kicks. That's why the away games during the Finals weren't shown, they didn't wanna spend the extra money to beef up security.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #229
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post

No matter how much you hate him, you can't cover up the fact that he is the best players on the Rocket. The Rockets are definitely not a complete team with out T-MAC and everyone knows it..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #230
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

It's a shame that T-Mac is prone to injury. He reminds me of the early Grant Hills and Penny. Both are great players that never tapped into their full potential.

They paid big bucks for T-Mac too, number 6 on the list.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #231
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328I Sedan

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
It's funny that I'm seeing Facebook updates on the band wagon fans about giving up on the Lakers already, pathetic.
Honestly I don't blame them. I am a die-hard I watch everygame even in the early 90's as well as the Rudy T days, but last night I stopped after the first.

If the lakers don't want to show up and play then F it I am not gonna show up and watch. That was embarassing again last night.

I wanna know whats up with Phil's coaching, his rotations are killing me and he is not using the lineup's that are succesful in the other games. Seriously love Fish to death but come on, Aaron is killing him. Why not start Jordan. Also king mad hops Shannon Brown why is he not getting more playing time.

Also will the real Andrew Bynum please stand up!

Sorry had to vent a little...... SUNDAY BABY GO LAKERS!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #232
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSG328I View Post
Honestly I don't blame them. I am a die-hard I watch everygame even in the early 90's as well as the Rudy T days, but last night I stopped after the first.

If the lakers don't want to show up and play then F it I am not gonna show up and watch. That was embarassing again last night.

I wanna know whats up with Phil's coaching, his rotations are killing me and he is not using the lineup's that are succesful in the other games. Seriously love Fish to death but come on, Aaron is killing him. Why not start Jordan. Also king mad hops Shannon Brown why is he not getting more playing time.

Also will the real Andrew Bynum please stand up!

Sorry had to vent a little...... SUNDAY BABY GO LAKERS!
You're one of the exception. I'm talking about those fans who started rolling with the Lakeshow after the 3peat Dynasty and left the team when they sucked after that, only to get back on the wagon last year when Lakers made it back to the Finals.

Bynum is too aggressive now, he needs to take boxing lessons to release that energy. I think he knows that he was on top of his game prior to the injury, and now can't get the touch back..that's why he's mad.

Shannon Brown is truly a diamond in the rough. What started out as a trade to make way for more budget turned out to be a plus for the Lakers. The guy shoots 3 nicely and can drive.

I would like the starting 5 to be..
Center = Gasol
Forwards = Brown and Kobe or Trevor
Guards = Kobe or Trevor and Jordan

There is absolutely no reason why Gasol can't get at least 20 points..they have no more big man left to guard him.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #233
ontopofm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: stock

Quote:
You're one of the exception. I'm talking about those fans who started rolling with the Lakeshow after the 3peat Dynasty and left the team when they sucked after that, only to get back on the wagon last year when Lakers made it back to the Finals.

Bynum is too aggressive now, he needs to take boxing lessons to release that energy. I think he knows that he was on top of his game prior to the injury, and now can't get the touch back..that's why he's mad.

Shannon Brown is truly a diamond in the rough. What started out as a trade to make way for more budget turned out to be a plus for the Lakers. The guy shoots 3 nicely and can drive.

Center = Gasol

There is absolutely no reason why Gasol can't get at least 20 points..they have no more big man left to guard him.
Gasol is too fucking weak, he couldnt move those guys that guard him when he posted up. He tried to back them in but those guys didnt move an inch.
________
Brunette Videos
________
Paxil death
________
VAPORIZER WIKI

Last edited by ontopofm; 09-19-2011 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #234
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:

Center = Gasol

True True on everything man, Thank you for the exception. I think Brown is definitely the diamond in the rough, I really think we scored if he can just develop his defensive side to side movement and breaking through screens.

I do like the rotation Phil uses with Brown and Jordan. If 'the machine' Vujacic would just step up and make some shots life would be good too in that speedy second Unit.

Also why not throw Mbenga in there to scrap around with Scola! We could use his toughness down low to push some bodies out of the lane.

AAAAGGGH it's hard sometimes being a Laker fan - I expect too much, and times like this hurt because you just wish you could smack them and say you are way better than this.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #235
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontopofm View Post
Gasol is too fucking weak, he couldnt move those guys that guard him when he posted up. He tried to back them in but those guys didnt move an inch.
Yeah but that's not Gasol's game pushing bodies, he is a finesse player on offense. He just needs to be quicker he is taking to much time trying to back down when he should just bump a couple to the left and make a quick spin to the right and boom layup.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #236
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Gasol may not be physically tough, but he is smart. So many times he has flawlessly spin around the opponent when they are guarding him full on and make them lose balance.

I will say that his game was WEAK in game 6. He usually makes those baby shots from around the free throw line perimeter, but he missed a lot of them last night.

If Mbenga can have the fundamental, the guy would be great. He's already got the muscular built, just needs to learn how to apply that efficiently. Hell just give him the rock, and have him go in and dunk every time, lol. Worst case..gets fouled.

Kobe also hesitated a lot. He went in for the kill in game 5, he got the ball and just jetted to the basket. In game 6, he was doing that crap where he drives and slows down, look around, and shoots or drives some more.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #237
ontopofm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSG328I View Post
Yeah but that's not Gasol's game pushing bodies, he is a finesse player on offense. He just needs to be quicker he is taking to much time trying to back down when he should just bump a couple to the left and make a quick spin to the right and boom layup.
well, when he does his post up, if he cant moves the people that guard him then it would be out of his hoop range
________
BABE OILED
________
AVANDIA LAWSUIT
________
SmallMommy live

Last edited by ontopofm; 09-19-2011 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #238
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

Quote:
maybe if Kobe would stop forced up so many bad shots and actually try to feed some good balls to Gasol, he wouldn't have ended up with only 14 points. Kobe tried to take matters into his own hands a lil too much in Game 6 as you can see all the tough shots he took when Laker's 1st option should be Gasol. everyone, including the Rockets, knows that Gasol is unstoppable in there and they doubled and trippled him whenever possible especially when Kobe aint on the floor.

but i think it all comes down to a few things that doenst have so much to do with Kobe or Gasol's scoring. The Lakers are lacking focus, emotion, determination, toughness and DEFENSE. i still have no idea why they can't defend worth shit. every team that Phil Jackson has ever coached had always been very good defensive teams but this Lakers team seems to only want to score.

i think Phil and Kobe should take the blames for the lackluster performances ..they are the captains of the ship and they need to get their guys ready mentally and physically to play both on offense and D. watching the Cavs, that's how the Lakers should be. and i thought the Lakers are the one determined to win the trophy after getting humuliated in the finals last year

i think the Lakers will win and win big tonite but it wont be a easy road through Denver and eventually Cavs. my pick had been the LAkers to win it all since before the season started and now i'm having real doubts. let's see if they can get back on the hourse and race to the finish line.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #239
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
maybe if Kobe would stop forced up so many bad shots and actually try to feed some good balls to Gasol, he wouldn't have ended up with only 14 points. Kobe tried to take matters into his own hands a lil too much in Game 6 as you can see all the tough shots he took when Laker's 1st option should be Gasol. everyone, including the Rockets, knows that Gasol is unstoppable in there and they doubled and trippled him whenever possible especially when Kobe aint on the floor.

but i think it all comes down to a few things that doenst have so much to do with Kobe or Gasol's scoring. The Lakers are lacking focus, emotion, determination, toughness and DEFENSE. i still have no idea why they can't defend worth shit. every team that Phil Jackson has ever coached had always been very good defensive teams but this Lakers team seems to only want to score.

i think Phil and Kobe should take the blames for the lackluster performances ..they are the captains of the ship and they need to get their guys ready mentally and physically to play both on offense and D. watching the Cavs, that's how the Lakers should be. and i thought the Lakers are the one determined to win the trophy after getting humuliated in the finals last year

i think the Lakers will win and win big tonite but it wont be a easy road through Denver and eventually Cavs. my pick had been the LAkers to win it all since before the season started and now i'm having real doubts. let's see if they can get back on the hourse and race to the finish line.
No games are scheduled until Sunday.

You can't really blame Phil. You can teach all you want, but if the students refuse to learn...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #240
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Current: LA by 13. It is starting to become a tempting bet.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #241
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Current: LA by 13. It is starting to become a tempting bet.
You never know what might happen. That series is unpredictable..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 03:13 AM   #242
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

L.A. will riot either way, win or lose.

I still think Lakers will take it by at least 10 points.
Appreciate 0