BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #67
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbo73 View Post
I agree with all your posts so far.

The OP is an idiot, end of story. A college student with an M3? Unless he deals drugs, he obviously got the car with help. Am I envious? No. Is it wrong? No. But what happens too many times is that these kids take things for granted and act as if they are entitled to things. Don't worry - these people typically fail in life. Not all of them of course, but quite a few. It's hard to value things when you don't understand the meaning of the word - and I'm not talking value of cars only, but value of life, etc. And yes, many time it IS the parents fault. I grew up relatively poor, as did my wife. Now we are making very good money because we worked hard, went to good schools, and continue to work hard. As much as I am into cars, and have been my entire life, I will NEVER get my son a car or other expensive things. Not to be a jerk, but so that he can learn the value of things.
Exactly!! You just said it perfectly. At least I have 1 supporter. haha

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #68
MrAdams
do a wheelie!!!
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - '72 2002 - '65 Impala

Garage List
Quote:

The OP is an idiot, end of story. A college student with an M3? Unless he deals drugs, he obviously got the car with help. Am I envious? No. Is it wrong? No. But what happens too many times is that these kids take things for granted and act as if they are entitled to things. Don't worry - these people typically fail in life. Not all of them of course, but quite a few. It's hard to value things when you don't understand the meaning of the word - and I'm not talking value of cars only, but value of life, etc. And yes, many time it IS the parents fault. I grew up relatively poor, as did my wife. Now we are making very good money because we worked hard, went to good schools, and continue to work hard. As much as I am into cars, and have been my entire life, I will NEVER get my son a car or other expensive things. Not to be a jerk, but so that he can learn the value of things.
I'm 19 and I have an M3 and I'm from Santa Barbara. My Dad or Mom didn't buy me my car. I work every day of the week, and I got a really good employee deal does that mean I don't know the "value of things"? My parents both were born and raised in Mexico they never could imagine having the things we have today. It makes my dad happy that I work for my car. I love cars plain and simple and thats why I worked for it. Life is too short to be angry at young people for having nice things. instead you should maybe not put in any input. when I'm your age I want a Ferrari
TREATED!!!
      01-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #69
arr0gant
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1996 911 Carrera Cab

Typical, attacking an M owner over the internet, not knowing anything about him but his age and based on one "funny" post.

Get over yourselves.

1996 911 Carrera Cabriolet

2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2004 M3 Vert, 2008 BMW M3 Sedan, 2001 911 Turbo, 2002 Porsche 911 C4S, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, Porsche Boxster S
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #70
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Guys, you won't believe me and yes I'm from Holland, living in a windmill smoking pot all day, but seriously....you'd never guess what our CITY HALL is called not kidding. This building once belonged to a wealthy aristocratic family named Crack and 'state' means 'burough' or something like that. I live about 150 meters from that city hall and American tourists always laugh about it
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #71
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:

No, you sir are a fucking idiot, end of story. Im 20 and I have had three BMW's already and currently drive a z4M . I have a 3.6 GPA taking 18 credits a semester; work three days out of the week at at a private banking institution and I am the only intern to have ever been asked to stay permanently without having a college degree yet. The fact that my dad has bought me these cars has been a motivation for me to reach higher and farther so that one day I can buy nice things of my own and provide for my future family. So shut the fuck up with all the "rich kids" hating bullshit; you said it yourself, you grew up poor so have never been in the OP's shoes, so don't judge a situation that you never experienced. And as much as you want to deny it, you are jealous and wish you could have had the same things he had when you were young. It's good that you are making good money now and improved your financial condition, but that does not mean the OP deserves less merit if he does the same.
      01-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #72
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunnerable View Post
It's actually scary how many pampas toolbags are on here. wow.
Pampas?

http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/pampas.htm

Pompous:

http://mw1.m-w.com/dictionary/pompous

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #73
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Honestly, I am more interested in threads here dealing with THE M3 itself than homeless people but I could not resist...
I deal with homeless people on a daily base, i repair or place their dialysis access, care for their vasculopath legs etc. Some of them are surprisingly well educated, read a lot and knowledgeable. I feel very comfortable with them in a hospital setting, but I have to admit I would be scared in a situation OP has cited. (Not because of the possibility of HIV transmission, which is very low even if you get contact with blood.)
What is more interesting is to see all the emotions in certain responses on this thread. There are lots of people here - like myself - who started from a "low income" status. But I do not feel angry or frustrated with people (kids) who are luckier than me. (I should be frustrated with my own sons then, however I will not buy them an M3 for sure, - I haven't even bought it for myself yet.)
Anyway there are lots of vertical and some horizontal frustration in our society especially current time but this is not the primary forum for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #74
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
No, you sir are a fucking idiot, end of story. Im 20 and I have had three BMW's already and currently drive a z4M . I have a 3.6 GPA taking 18 credits a semester; work three days out of the week at at a private banking institution and I am the only intern to have ever been asked to stay permanently without having a college degree yet. The fact that my dad has bought me these cars has been a motivation for me to reach higher and farther so that one day I can buy nice things of my own and provide for my future family. So shut the fuck up with all the "rich kids" hating bullshit; you said it yourself, you grew up poor so have never been in the OP's shoes, so don't judge a situation that you never experienced. And as much as you want to deny it, you are jealous and wish you could have had the same things he had when you were young. It's good that you are making good money now and improved your financial condition, but that does not mean the OP deserves less merit if he does the same.
Well, I'm certainly impressed with you. Need a job?

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #75
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

I'm punked!

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #76
CPM5
Catch me if you can
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F82 M4

Ok .. I need to comment ... Coupla points:

1) Mentally sick individuals should be commited to psych hospitals, which our contry does not have any more btw, and not in to the criminal justice system, just to be released coupla month later and do somethign in line with treating the OP or any other law abiding citizen.

2) OP, don't be a dick and say that people hate you cause have money, because you come across as a DICK and loose all of your credibility here. Having 2 LS250s and an M3 does not qualify you as rich bro!!! Get real!! Driving a +/- 70K car is NOT RICH in my book LOL, so get off the high horse. If you bought/were given M3 as a status item, you made a mistake.. Get coupla Ferrari's and then you can brag. Again M3 ... is NOT a car for rich and famous, it is a car for pure enthusiasts.

3) Crackheads have NOTHING to do with M3.. ROFL.... Do you think a crackhead would know a difference between car models? If you think yes, you are the one smoking something glassy How can you expect posting a thread such as this one, and expect people to respond normally. this is a joke form the get go.

4) PROPS for not getting involved w those crazies.. Do yourself a favor and STAY THE FUK AWAY!! In Liberal/Mental California, you wil be the guilty one, even if the "crack head " attack 1st. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!!!

BE SAFE!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #77
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
Honestly, I am more interested in threads here dealing with THE M3 itself than homeless people but I could not resist...
I deal with homeless people on a daily base, i repair or place their dialysis access, care for their vasculopath legs etc. Some of them are surprisingly well educated, read a lot and knowledgeable. I feel very comfortable with them in a hospital setting, but I have to admit I would be scared in a situation OP has cited. (Not because of the possibility of HIV transmission, which is very low even if you get contact with blood.)
What is more interesting is to see all the emotions in certain responses on this thread. There are lots of people here - like myself - who started from a "low income" status. But I do not feel angry or frustrated with people (kids) who are luckier than me. (I should be frustrated with my own sons then, however I will not buy them an M3 for sure, - I haven't even bought it for myself yet.)
Anyway there are lots of vertical and some horizontal frustration in our society especially current time but this is not the primary forum for it.
I can say for certain that jealously has nothing to do with my frustrations. It's the lack of compassion and the ingrained mindset some people have that they are entitled to everything and can step over anyone to get it is what pisses me off. I get angry because I actually lived being homeless and I got to know many of these people. Some of them just have no hope and in many ways, it's not their fault directly. The OP hit a soft spot on me and I usually try to stay reserved on any forum but I felt an overwhelmingly need to speak up. The thing is, the most successful people I know are some of the kindest and most humble. The OP is OBVIOUSLY a spoiled kid. Call it lucky, call it fortunate or whatever you want... But a spade is a spade... Unfortunately.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #78
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
Well, I'm certainly impressed with you. Need a job?
What? I already said I had a job. Why would I need another one? Are you going to offer me better job security than the 5th largest financial institution in the world? I didn't think so.
      01-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #79
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter4784 View Post
After the light turned green, i turned down my window, gave him the finger and bounced the fuck out of there
Quote:
So i gun it down the road and give him the middle finger out the window as i go
Flipping off insane homeless people is probably about like swearing at a 6 month old: doesn't have an effect.

A better way to handle it might be to just drive away and thank god you are the fortunate one who doesn't have to suffer like they do.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #80
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What? I already said I had a job. Why would I need another one? Are you going to offer me better job security than the 5th largest financial institution in the world? I didn't think so.

HAHA!! Dude you are a tool.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #81
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
I can say for certain that jealously has nothing to do with my frustrations. It's the lack of compassion and the ingrained mindset some people have that they are entitled to everything and can step over anyone to get it is what pisses me off. I get angry because I actually lived being homeless and I got to know many of these people. Some of them just have no hope and in many ways, it's not their fault directly. The OP hit a soft spot on me and I usually try to stay reserved on any forum but I felt an overwhelmingly need to speak up. The thing is, the most successful people I know are some of the kindest and most humble. The OP is OBVIOUSLY a spoiled kid. Call it lucky, call it fortunate or whatever you want... But a spade is a spade... Unfortunately.
By the way, I completely disagree with the OP's judgment and insensitivity, but that is no excuse for others like yourself judging "rich kids" in general with no facts but just biased assumptions.
      01-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #82
CPM5
Catch me if you can
United_States
Rep

You guys are both wrong for making these assumptions about the OP. If you suffered growing up, why would you want others to go thorough the same?? You remind me of people who always say...

WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE... I HAD TO....

STFU!!!

I am existing to make life easier for my kids... that is the whole point. You CAN raise great kids no meter what... rich OR poor.. it is all about building up the character, family values, love and punishment... Wouldn't you think??

My favorite saying:

The people who say that money is the root of all evel... NEVER HAD THEM!!!

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #83
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
HAHA!! Dude you are a tool.
I'm not a tool, I am just trying to prove a point just like yourself. Believe it or not, we have more things in common than you think. Like an urge to speak up for what we believe in. I really do respect and admire what you have done with your life, but your hardships should give you merit on your own life but not demerit the lives of others quite simply because they have not had to go through the same struggles you have. I volunteer at my school in order to help migrant homeless kids, I love those kids, but what I love most is that I know if I were to give them a ride in my car they would enjoy the moment and not think " wow, what an asshole this kid, he has this and I don't, I hate him for being a rich kid".
      01-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #84
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3psycho View Post
You guys are both wrong for making these assumptions about the OP. If you suffered growing up, why would you want others to go thorough the same?? You remind me of people who always say...

WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE... I HAD TO....

STFU!!!

I am existing to make life easier for my kids... that is the whole point. You CAN raise great kids no meter what... rich OR poor.. it is all about building up person's chartered... Wouldn't you think??

My favorite saying:

The people who say that money is the root of all evel... NEVER HAD THEM!!!
Definitely not what I was saying. I'm in my 20s for gods sake. It's the "mindset" I was offended by.. not the car. Holy crap.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #85
CPM5
Catch me if you can
United_States
Rep

Where have you been since August?? Vacation ?? Or driving around in your M3 ??? LOL

Y

Are you going to offer me better job security than the 5th largest financial institution in the world?

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #86
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not a tool, I am just trying to prove a point just like yourself. Believe it or not, we have more things in common than you think. Like an urge to speak up for what we believe in. I really do respect and admire what you have done with your life, but that your hardships should give you merit on your own life but not demerit the lives of others quite simply because they have not had to go through the same struggles you have. I volunteer at my school in order to help migrant homeless kids, I love those kids, but what I love most is that I know if I were to give them a ride in my car they would enjoy the moment and not think " wow, what an asshole this kid, he has this and I don't, I hate him for being a rich kid".
I appreciate your much more reserved comment. However, it amazes me how materialistic people are and because of that, they get caught up in thinking your jealous of what people have or what you haven't got. I was very annoyed with the OP "perspective" of unfortunate people not the fact that he drove an M3. In my experience, young people who are in college or High School and drive luxury cars tend to have a superiority complex. Call it an assumption but I was under the influence (from his post) the OP was just that. And I spoke up.. boy was that a mistake.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #87
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3psycho View Post
Where have you been since August?? Vacation ?? Or driving around in your M3 ??? LOL

Y

Are you going to offer me better job security than the 5th largest financial institution in the world?
Actually my friend, for the uninformed such as yourself, there are several financial institutions that have not been terminally affected by the current economic conditions. I work at the fiduciary risk dept. and I have not left the bank before 8 for a single day because we have so much work, so yes, I still have job security for now.
      01-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #88
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I work at the fiduciary risk dept. and I have not left the bank before 8 for a single day because we have so much work, so yes, I still have job security for now.
Ugh! I hope you are paid hourly.
Appreciate 0