BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #45
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

looks amazing!
with and without look great, with the lip just looks a bit more agressive!
      01-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #46
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_phox View Post
Bought the 1M Style Bumper from LTBMW

The the ducts that came with the bumper is either MISSING the top half or needs modification.
I say it maybe missing the top half is because as you can see, there are tabs on the end that indicate to me that something clamps to it.

The problem is that the ducts channel air up to the air filter on our original ducts....
BUT on the 1M ducts is only "HALF" of our original duct...

Do i need to cut the top half off the original duct and mold it to the 1M duct or what?

i appreciate it if THE TECH could chime in or ANYONE with this bumper installed could guide me

see pics

pic#1 1M duct temp installed looking at the bumper

pic#2 The tabs of the 1M duct

pic#3 1M duct temp installed

pic#4 looking from behind the bumper. the problem is the duct does not channel air up (missing something?)

pic#5 Original M3 duct

pic#6 1M duct (left) and original duct (right) side by side

pic#7 1M duct (left) and original duct (right) side by side
You wouldn't happen to know the part numbers for the two ducts you purchased would you? One of my ducts was cut too much so I would like to replace it.

Here's mine: http://www.flickr.com/photos/macdidd...7640085303414/

Thanks

Last edited by E93MAC; 01-25-2014 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #47
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Looks unfinished without the lip.
I have the Slek Carbon Fiber lip in my garage but scared to put it on. $1200 down the drain if it shatters. Didn't realize it would be so thin!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/macdidd...7640085303414/

Mac.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #48
Veegie
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3 DCT

Looks great! You should upload some shots without such a strong crop, or possibly just a lower focal length.

This was mine from the other weekend, just before I installed my LCIs and painted my hood vents.
      01-26-2014, 06:51 AM   #49
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veegie View Post
Looks great! You should upload some shots without such a strong crop, or possibly just a lower focal length.

This was mine from the other weekend, just before I installed my LCIs and painted my hood vents.
Not sure if you're commenting on mine or the OP as you just replied to the thread and not a comment but yours looks
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #50
Veegie
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93MAC View Post
Not sure if you're commenting on mine or the OP as you just replied to the thread and not a comment but yours looks
Sorry yes, I was referring to your photos.
      01-27-2014, 05:03 AM   #51
Silverwolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quick question, does the 1M bumper have the same clearance as the stock e92 bumper?
I'm interested in getting this bumper but the last lip I installed (gts style lip) cracked in 2 weeks due to clearance issue. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #52
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf
Quick question, does the 1M bumper have the same clearance as the stock e92 bumper?
I'm interested in getting this bumper but the last lip I installed (gts style lip) cracked in 2 weeks due to clearance issue. Thoughts?
You know I think it is the same as the MTech maybe slightly lower at mid point but I can't really tell. I think I have a picture of them on the ground side by side somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. But for barebones stock I think it might be lower. Seeing as how most people can fit an OEM aero lip on a stock bumper and still have clearance.

Are you sure your car isn't too low? Mine is pretty low and I scraped my lip from time to time but never cracked it.

################[Mac's '07 E93 328i]################
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 06:57 AM   #53
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ok not the best picture I know.

Mtech is on the right.
1M is on the left in the bag.

Mtech has a Hamann Rep lip so it's almost as thick as that foam bad under the 1M bumper. Remember this is a Hamann rep so it's thick ass FRP wrapped in real CF. The 1M bumper is shown without a lip. I think the 1M is probably bigger. Or to the point of your question, lower to the ground.

Hope that helps, Silverwolf.
Attached Images

################[Mac's '07 E93 328i]################
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 05:04 AM   #54
Silverwolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the info and the pics. I haven't lowered my car and I'm not sure if the 1st owner did but yeah...the rolling hills in SF got the better of my previous gts style lip despite moving like a snail. I have since been in search for a new bumper/lip that would give me maximum clearance.

Do you mind providing info on where you purchased you 1M lip? Also, what did you do to get the ducts working?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #55
LEXiFiED
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 323i

I bought the ltmw 1m front bumper. Just wondering if you had to play with the rebar and move it a bit to get the bumper to line up with the fenders?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 03:12 AM   #56
ruck_king
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXiFiED View Post
I bought the ltmw 1m front bumper. Just wondering if you had to play with the rebar and move it a bit to get the bumper to line up with the fenders?
Are you talking about the crash bar with the foam? I'm having issues as well. It is not fitting properly over lower air ducts. The crash bar is getting in the way for the bumper to line up properly.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:35 AM   #57
LEXiFiED
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruck_king View Post
Are you talking about the crash bar with the foam? I'm having issues as well. It is not fitting properly over lower air ducts. The crash bar is getting in the way for the bumper to line up properly.
Someone on forum pm'ed me. Says they had to cut 6 inches off each side of the reinforcement bar to get it to fit. After that he says it fits perfectly. 😃 I haven't done it yet. The insurance claim I have on my car says they can't touch the rebar or cut it (insurance company can't approve the cutting of the bar) They can muscle the bumper on its just really tight. But he says once they're done I can just remove the bumper and cut it myself so they are not effected as a company. But the shop says if you cut the rebar it should fit better.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 07:29 AM   #58
ruck_king
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXiFiED View Post
Someone on forum pm'ed me. Says they had to cut 6 inches off each side of the reinforcement bar to get it to fit. After that he says it fits perfectly. 😃 I haven't done it yet. The insurance claim I have on my car says they can't touch the rebar or cut it (insurance company can't approve the cutting of the bar) They can muscle the bumper on its just really tight. But he says once they're done I can just remove the bumper and cut it myself so they are not effected as a company. But the shop says if you cut the rebar it should fit better.
I just cut about 6 inches from each corner of the crash bar. I'll be test fitting again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Have you installed your bumper yet? What are you planning to do with the air ducts? I'm adding a honeycomb style mesh right behind it.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 12:27 AM   #59
LEXiFiED
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruck_king View Post
I just cut about 6 inches from each corner of the crash bar. I'll be test fitting again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Have you installed your bumper yet? What are you planning to do with the air ducts? I'm adding a honeycomb style mesh right behind it.
The body shop I'm dealing with won't cut the crash bar. Due to it being an insurance claim. They said it will work but it will take 3 people to fit the bumper on without cutting. They said it's really really tight. They advised if they get the bumper on and they finish the claim that I should go ahead and remove the bumper and cut the crash bar 6 inches from each side myself or get a 3rd party to do it. They said it will effect their shop license if they did the cutting of the crash bar.

Take some photos and post or pm me and let me know how that test fit worked out. I don't want to remove my bumper then have a hard time putting it back on.
Appreciate 0