BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #45
CCLSVTM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos blue E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
my advice... get a 0% interest CC and go nuts on mods !!!!!! lol with that being said.

IMO reasonable modding is no different than spending tons of money on golf clubs, ot tennis rackets, etc;

Im not a sports fan (playing them anyway) cars has been my entertainment/hobby since i was a little kid.
Lol, as they said when I was in the Marines. "If you can finance it, you can afford it".....

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #46
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLSVTM3 View Post
Lol, as they said when I was in the Marines. "If you can finance it, you can afford it".....
as an example I found out in june i was getting a bonus payout at work in october. So I bought a Brietling Super Avenger. I put it on a 0% interest CC and pay bits and pieces and when my bonus comes in this week I will pay the rest.

0% financing or interest on a CC is a great tool to take advantage of as long as you will/can pay it. Im a cheap fuck so I hate giving people extra money. thats my incentive to pay it before the interest goes to 23.3 % APR or w.e the fuck it is .
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #47
Mmmdreamer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3 Jet Black

Quote:
as an example I found out in june i was getting a bonus payout at work in october. So I bought a Brietling Super Avenger. I put it on a 0% interest CC and pay bits and pieces and when my bonus comes in this week I will pay the rest.

0% financing or interest on a CC is a great tool to take advantage of as long as you will/can pay it. Im a cheap fuck so I hate giving people extra money. thats my incentive to pay it before the interest goes to 23.3 % APR or w.e the fuck it is .
Nice watch man! I tend to like the look of the chronos as well...my only peave is that the automatic seconds are one of the little dials....my buddy just runs the chronograph just so the big second hand is moving lol =)

...in other news, installed matte black m3 badge so the last bit of chrome is the gills which I have on order...nice and easy install...much more relaxing than some of the other installs where I stress the heck out on because I'm always afraid to lose screws in the engine bay or do damage to paint etc hehe

...oh and the issue I find I'm having with all these minor cosmetic mods - is that they are somewhat unsatisfying...i do them more out of annoyance than really thinking they're awesome...i think everything other than getting rims and lowering are unsatisfying hehe since it still looks stock'ish....like I'm tempted by LUX angel eyes...but I don't even get to see the damn headlights when they're on!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #48
CCLSVTM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos blue E90 M3

Quote:

Well spoken.... Badass watch too!!!!!!

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #49
FR01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
1 year to get my reflectors shaved & license plate holes plugged and finally getting it clear wrapped. Yet I've spent a bit on one big mod (e36).

2011 M3 Dakar Yellow-Black Leather-Comp Pkg-DCT-Akra Evo-AP BBK Front-VOLK RE30/BBS GT4 18x10" Square
1995 M3 Boston Green - Chipped - Ground Control Coilovers - APEX ARC8
Past: 2005 Porsche Boxster S-Silver-6spd-Fabspeed Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #50
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

you know what else sucks... lurking the forum without an m3.

(yet)
      10-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #51
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post

(yet)
I dont have mine either yet just parts piling up in the garage while the car is on order
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #52
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

well, i don't have one because i'm waiting...

every day i struggle with my want for a 2012 loaded space grey e92. what the most painful part is, is that i can afford it, but i'm trying to invest more and i don't want to part with the money to buy the car yet. its the most painful discipline i have ever encountered.
      10-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #53
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
i can afford it, but i'm trying to invest more and i don't want to part with the money to buy the car yet. its the most painful discipline i have ever encountered.
This decision will pay off in the long run and you'll appreciate the car more when you finally get it.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #54
Mmmdreamer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3 Jet Black

Quote:

every day i struggle with my want for a 2012 loaded space grey e92. what the most painful part is, is that i can afford it, but i'm trying to invest more and i don't want to part with the money to buy the car yet. its the most painful discipline i have ever encountered.
Why bother with '12? You could save some bucks and get a low mileage '10 (or whatever the year they changed to LCI tail lights) since I don't think much else has changed feature wise...then the m3 could be had 'that' much sooner =)

btw this has been my most successful thread on the forum...I should learn considering I worked in Email Marketing...it's all about the subject line =)
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #55
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

Why not just buy a CPO? You'll save yourself a ton of $. And these cars have proved to be reliable (relative to say a 335i or E46 M3). The only reason I'd buy brand new is if I wanted to get an Individual combo, but that's just my personal opinion of course.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #56
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:

(yet)
I did that for 5 years. But the wait was well worth it.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #57
JoM3z
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 CP XDrive G82 M4 - SSG

Garage List
Don't sweat it, I am in the same boat. I had to priorities my hard earned $$$, every penny goes a long way these days. Mod at your own pace, I often change my mind about the look of my car. A mod I'm crazy about about, may not be something I want a few months from now. New things are always coming out, better wait till you are fully committed.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #58
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
This decision will pay off in the long run and you'll appreciate the car more when you finally get it.
i'm sure i will. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmdreamer View Post
Why bother with '12? You could save some bucks and get a low mileage '10 (or whatever the year they changed to LCI tail lights) since I don't think much else has changed feature wise...then the m3 could be had 'that' much sooner =)

btw this has been my most successful thread on the forum...I should learn considering I worked in Email Marketing...it's all about the subject line =)
i would like to get a '11 or '12 because i would like the competition package as well as the LCI lights. i'm not going to be messing with suspension while its under warranty, and the zcp provides a healthy little drop. i also really like the zcp rims. i could use the zcp rims for the street and have a strictly lightweight setup for the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Why not just buy a CPO? You'll save yourself a ton of $. And these cars have proved to be reliable (relative to say a 335i or E46 M3). The only reason I'd buy brand new is if I wanted to get an Individual combo, but that's just my personal opinion of course.
i just might, but i'm very particular when it comes to cars. i'll just have to wait for the right cpo or private party car to come along.

the seemingly indefinite wait is killing me every day though. its the first thing i think about when i wake up.... its a sickness.
      10-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #59
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmdreamer View Post
Cheers Chaps...I mean, I have already started down the mod path...so this isn't a first mod issue! Thing is I've started and need to put it on pause...kinda...I have stuck to the relative cheap stuff...I feel I've been very sensible even from initial purchase...went with Jet Black to try to get too much unwanted attention...wouldn't have been my first choice though (white or silverstone I actually prefer)...have almost completed blacking out of the exterior...grills, reflector, blackline tails, emblems, dinan exhaust...so m3 badge and matte gills have been ordered...I've got splitters, RPI scoop, ZCP knob.

So I'm running out of the little stuff to do! Wheels+Lowering make the biggest difference, maybe I should just do it and drive like a paranoid grandma in NYC...

Done one track day and loved it...but am trying to be economical there too but using up existing brake pads etc before trying to upgrade them or the brake lines
keep tracking the m3 and work on your driver software mod. get the most out of the car. the money spent on your minor mods could have gone to butt dyno software tuning. lol
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #60
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep

Quote:
its the first thing i think about when i wake up....
Wow. You really do have it bad! I'd figure out some way to get it off your mind for a while. It's fun to dream, but obsession is something else.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #61
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
Wow. You really do have it bad! I'd figure out some way to get it off your mind for a while. It's fun to dream, but obsession is something else.
i took a test drive about a year ago and its all i can think about since. it really is some sort of sickness.
      10-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #62
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Only thing with CPo is warranty and maintenance. It's not free for 4 years. Or am I wrong?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #63
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i took a test drive about a year ago and its all i can think about since. it really is some sort of sickness.
I hear you. If I'd made the (wrong) decision and bought the G37 sedan I was also considering before I bought mine, I'm sure all I'd be thinking about is what I was missing.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #64
In Extremis
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I agree, my past two e92 m3s have been fully loaded CPOs with less than 10,000 miles. About 50,000 combined miles between the 2 and not one issue, knock on wood.

Also, everyone needs to remember that every beautiful car on the forum isn't a "real world car." Many of them are shop/sponsor cars and it would be extremely difficult for the average person to keep up. That being said, I'm still guilty of dumping the majority of my available funds into cars and bikes.
Appreciate 0