BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

BPM
Closed Thread

02-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #23
OerdingE93
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Mineral White E93 M3 DCT

*please excuse my lame iPhone pics, my scanner isn't working properly.*

The first picture is from a awhile back with a different axle back exhaust (AE Performance) on 91 octane
MAX POWER: 510.27
MAX TORQUE 330.05

The second picture is from last Saturday with new axle back exhaust (Akrapovic) and 94 octane
MAX POWER: 510.66
MAX TORQUE: 339.07

the most recent dyno clearly shows my boost at 3lbs

i was perplexed to see the boost that low, but rather have it to low than to high.

Also, I was expecting to see a significant gain with 94 octane but instead it was about the same.
Attached Images

|ESS VT1-550 510whp|MRF MID|AKRA REAR|CKS COILS|FORGESTAR|CSL TRUNK|GT4 Lip|3D-DESIGN

Last edited by OerdingE93; 02-17-2014 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #24
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OerdingE93 View Post
*please excuse my lame iPhone pics, my scanner isn't working properly.*

The first picture is from a awhile back with a different axle back exhaust (AE Performance) on 91 octane

The second picture is from last Saturday with new axle back exhaust (Akrapovic) and 94 octane

the most recent dyno clearly shows my boost at 3lbs

i was perplexed to see the boost that low, but rather have it to low than to high.

Also, I was expecting to see a significant gain with 94 octane but instead it was about the same.
A handful of M3s will show low boost on the sensor due to how vacuum/boost signal is controlled from the engine. Longboarder's VT2-625 configuration also had this issue early on, but now shows accurate boost in 650 trim. Most will not have this issue, but it's a very small part of the overall picture.

Obviously, you would not be making ~500whp at 3lbs boost. The supercharger is driven off the crank pulley and will always see a fixed boost level at RPM unless there is belt slip.

Taking the boost reading off the velocity stack like we do with the Awron gauge setups would show a true level at the engine, this may be of interest to you.

You are within the level of what a non-intercooled VT1 kit should be seeing. Moving to an intercooled system will allow for more boost and keep those higher power levels for a much longer period of time before heat-soaking.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread