BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #23
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

I think to get 35-40% quieter

go stock or go akrapovic

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #24
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

You may want to consider the Bastuck unit too. It doesn't drone at all with stock X-pipe.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #25
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
dayyuummm see i would have kept my GT2 if it actually gave me more than 5hp....but you cant live that insane of a sound for too long IMO
I agree it sounds great. Just too loud when paired with a catless x-pipe.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #26
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

You're car sounds good Sure you can't live with its loudness?
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:47 AM   #27
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarii View Post
I agree it sounds great. Just too loud when paired with a catless x-pipe.
have you looked into the gintani sport?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 03:59 AM   #28
Maseroche
Major
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Wow, sounds like a race car!
'14 Mercedes-Benz S400
'18 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 06:41 AM   #29
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Baarii, our cars are identiclal! Down to the mods as well.. except I have a rear diffuser.

Anyhow, just saw your videos and I think it sounds amazing. It's loud, but amazing nonetheless.

How would it sound with a non-catless x-pipe?? Would it be as loud? Anyone?
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 07:09 AM   #30
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Sounds pretty crazy. If you want something noticeably quieter but still sounds great I would look into the Gintani sport. It would also complete your exhaust setup

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #31
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias View Post
I have an Encore HFC system and I added 2 additional resonators. In terms on reducing the overall noise I can say count on at least 10-15%, but like others said is that it will help cut down some of the drone and raspyness.
I think whatever cat back system I go with I am def going to add 2 additional resonators, so it will be 4 resonators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
I think to get 35-40% quieter

go stock or go akrapovic
As of yesterday the Meisterschaft GTS is off. Stock is back on untill I make my pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
You may want to consider the Bastuck unit too. It doesn't drone at all with stock X-pipe.
I totally forgot about that one, I have heard it in person and it was def one of the quiter ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
You're car sounds good Sure you can't live with its loudness?
Thank you! (sounded). Yes I could have lived with it, but didnt like the attention I got with it. I did get pulled over with the exhaust. The cop was giving a ticket, so he was out side his car. As soon as I passed him I saw him hurry back into his car and come after me.
Pulls me over.. "Do you know why I pulled you over..?"
Me: No clue officer.
PO: You'r car is pretty loud (with a serious face), but sounds great with a big smile, what kind of exhaust do you have?
Me: Gintani X-pipe (didnt mention the no cats part) + Meistershaft catback.
PO: Nice, my brother has E39 M5, he needs to hear your car. (Checked my license and registration and let me go) Be safe and have great night.
Me: Thank you. Good night

I am pretty sure if it was a VA State Trooper, It would have been a ticket instead of the compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
have you looked into the gintani sport?
Yes that is one of the options I am leaning towards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseroche View Post
Wow, sounds like a race car!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Baarii, our cars are identiclal! Down to the mods as well.. except I have a rear diffuser.

Anyhow, just saw your videos and I think it sounds amazing. It's loud, but amazing nonetheless.

How would it sound with a non-catless x-pipe?? Would it be as loud? Anyone?
I noticed! Did you try painting the side gill markers? I cant decide which diffuser to get, I think I will after I pick the exhaust! I am guessing with a non-catless x-pipe or even high flow cats it will be considerably quiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Sounds pretty crazy. If you want something noticeably quieter but still sounds great I would look into the Gintani sport. It would also complete your exhaust setup
It did sound good! I think if I had a poll to this thread, we all know what exhaust will get the most votes
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #32
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

What do you guys think of the AA with the Noise Reduction Chamber?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #33
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Just a suggestion Barii, decide on a cat back before dropping the 400-500 adding a additional set of resonators. That is money you can use toward the exahaust rather than just resonators. Remember, resonators, are there just for drone and raspiness.....depending on what exhaust you pick it may take of that for you without you having to add resonators.

In my situation, I was not going to switch exhausts, so my only option was to add resonators.
      03-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #34
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
Just a suggestion Barii, decide on a cat back before dropping the 400-500 adding a additional set of resonators. That is money you can use toward the exahaust rather than just resonators. Remember, resonators, are there just for drone and raspiness.....depending on what exhaust you pick it may take of that for you without you having to add resonators.

In my situation, I was not going to switch exhausts, so my only option was to add resonators.
Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I should. I am going to take you up on your offer to meet up and perhaps sit in your car and hear it from the inside. Are you going to the Skyline Run III?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #35
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarii View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I should. I am going to take you up on your offer to meet up and perhaps sit in your car and hear it from the inside. Are you going to the Skyline Run III?
Not sure about the run yet. PM me and we can meet up so you can take a ride inside the car and make a decision for yourself.