BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

09-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Zervos4
zervos4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3, 07 750i, 08 335i

Pictures of Bro's MHT ALLUSION on 335

Here are the MHT Allusion wheels...I have MHT 19/10.5 and 19/9 with 3 3/4 lip on order for my M, these are 19/9.5 19/8.5 on his 08 335i I think they look great, very classy and tasteful, no matter how heavy they are (If they are) he is not one for lightweight uglies, just like me, he would rather have a good lookin chrome, I think he pulled it off IMO
Attached Images

- Ronald Reagan
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Zervos4
zervos4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3, 07 750i, 08 335i

I have the MHT Newports on order; I just picked up MHT to my list of Manuafactures that I carry; if you have any questions on pricing/availability, let me know...

- Ronald Reagan
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
hawkeye-se
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 JB Coupe

No thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
dpm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

They are chrome but not good looking.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Deathboy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Ohhhhh!nooooo!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
zkM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MTAW (05/20)

Not really interested to know the price, I wouldn't put that on an M car....
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Holy crap that is hideous.

WHY?!?!

It is not that they are heavy, they are just ugly.

Light weight wheels are not ugly for example(located in Miami):
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168370
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #8
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Bling - bling - bling ....you win the gold chain award!!!!!!!
      09-08-2008, 01:34 AM   #9
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

You lose.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 03:13 AM   #10
torredresen
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M3 09 E93 JzB Fox Red extended

Garage List
2005 Z4; 2.0  [0.00]
2005 Z4  [0.00]
Game over
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #11
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
I always try to avoid making negative posts, but I feel compelled to chime in here. I'm a big fan of aftermarket wheels when done correctly, but IMO chrome "blingers" like this do not belong on sportscars or sporty coupes and sedans such as the 3 series - they look out of place and do not suit the character and design of the car. It's not just the chrome, but the spoke design as well - it has nothing to do with the weight of the wheel. This is just my opinion, though - and maybe I'm crazy because I see more and more people doing this to cars like the 3 series, 350Zs, Infiniti G35/37s, etc. As long as the owner likes it, that's all that matters
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #12
ZproductionZ
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
This is my first post here, as I feel obligated to speak my mind on this thread, as it is my car. My brother posted these pictures in order to show, not force opinions of, my car with its new wheels. I've always heard how inconsiderate and shamefully arrogant BMW drivers are, but never believed the talk, that is, until now. Considering that this is probably the best BMW forum I have found, I feel like a considerable amount of your common BMW drivers post and browse this forum. With that being said, I feel like, since I now have an association with all of you, I am in the wrong company and am ashamed to have something in common with most of you. I don't know what ethics or standards you live by, but I was raised to be considerate and kind, and, believe it or not, when I'm put in the situation to comment upon something, to use these ethics. To put it nicely, I am disgusted by 90% of the attitudes that I have came across on this website.

If you don't like the wheels, its OK, that's your opinion. But respect MY opinion. I happen to like the wheels, as they are a very well made, 2 piece, forged, good looking chrome wheel made by a very reputable company. Comments like the "" one and most of the others are the main reason that I will NEVER post on this forum again, UNLESS, I have some kind of problem with my car and need answers (and even then I won't be expecting any decency). I expect most of you to bash what I am saying now and probably continue to criticize my wheel selection; but guess what, I could care less, as I couldn't be anymore offended than I am now by you "BMW Drivers." Take that stick from out of your rear end and go get a life with some positivity about you. Have a GREAT day.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #13
M2381
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZproductionZ View Post
This is my first post here, as I feel obligated to speak my mind on this thread, as it is my car. My brother posted these pictures in order to show, not force opinions of, my car with its new wheels. I've always heard how inconsiderate and shamefully arrogant BMW drivers are, but never believed the talk, that is, until now. Considering that this is probably the best BMW forum I have found, I feel like a considerable amount of your common BMW drivers post and browse this forum. With that being said, I feel like, since I now have an association with all of you, I am in the wrong company and am ashamed to have something in common with most of you. I don't know what ethics or standards you live by, but I was raised to be considerate and kind, and, believe it or not, when I'm put in the situation to comment upon something, to use these ethics. To put it nicely, I am disgusted by 90% of the attitudes that I have came across on this website.

If you don't like the wheels, its OK, that's your opinion. But respect MY opinion. I happen to like the wheels, as they are a very well made, 2 piece, forged, good looking chrome wheel made by a very reputable company. Comments like the "" one and most of the others are the main reason that I will NEVER post on this forum again, UNLESS, I have some kind of problem with my car and need answers (and even then I won't be expecting any decency). I expect most of you to bash what I am saying now and probably continue to criticize my wheel selection; but guess what, I could care less, as I couldn't be anymore offended than I am now by you "BMW Drivers." Take that stick from out of your rear end and go get a life with some positivity about you. Have a GREAT day.
bye lol
      09-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #14
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:

Although I don't agree with the tone of some of the responses, your brother sort of invited such responses by referring to "lightweight uglies" that a lot of the forum members here have on their cars - and I believe it's not the first time that he has made such a comment. Insulting remarks/opinions will often be met with similar responses - that, unfortunately, is the nature of this forum. In short, I think some of the responses were directed more to your brother than your car. As long as you like your car, that's all that matters - it's your money and your car, and no one else's opinion should matter.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #15
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
MHT Illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
Although I don't agree with the tone of some of the responses, your brother sort of invited such responses by referring to "lightweight uglies" that a lot of the forum members here have on their cars - and I believe it's not the first time that he has made such a comment. Insulting remarks/opinions will often be met with similar responses - that, unfortunately, is the nature of this forum. In short, I think some of the responses were directed more to your brother than your car. As long as you like your car, that's all that matters - it's your money and your car, and no one else's opinion should matter.
I agree with you assessment of the responses here. While I think these are horridly wrong for this car, I would not have been so crudely opinionated in my response as some.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #16
ismelllikepoop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

eh it is true that quite a few bmw drivers are cocks esp on any forum. i mean ppl talk about how they wont let anyone valet their car or do touch it, when any regular E or 5 series costs the same. i'd say quite a few of the rim pictures are gaudy and not tasteful but that's their choice with the money, you can do whatever the hell you want. either way i try to remind myself this is the internet and not to take things personally, otherwise my head would explode.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #17
MWorldorder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

horrible.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #18
ZproductionZ
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I agree with you assessment of the responses here. While I think these are horridly wrong for this car, I would not have been so crudely opinionated in my response as some.
To each his own. Thank you for seeing where I'm coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
My brother feels the same way I do. In the beginning, he would ask simple questions and get rude responses. Even though I didn't/won't take the route he did in criticizing the "lightweights," I will say that most of the selections of wheels, IMO, have been chosen because of the weight and tend to make the car look horrid. But I guess, as I said earlier, to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop View Post
eh it is true that quite a few bmw drivers are cocks esp on any forum. i mean ppl talk about how they wont let anyone valet their car or do touch it, when any regular E or 5 series costs the same. i'd say quite a few of the rim pictures are gaudy and not tasteful but that's their choice with the money, you can do whatever the hell you want. either way i try to remind myself this is the internet and not to take things personally, otherwise my head would explode.
My point, exactly. I could've bought a GMC or Chevy for around the same price. Just because you drive a BMW, doesn't mean that gives you the right to be cocky or conceded. It makes me want to go back to my Denali.

I think some you "experienced" posters around here need to take a look at the basic rules. Take a look at rule number one, please.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #19
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
My brother feels the same way I do. In the beginning, he would ask simple questions and get rude responses. Even though I didn't/won't take the route he did in criticizing the "lightweights," I will say that most of the selections of wheels, IMO, have been chosen because of the weight and tend to make the car look horrid. But I guess, as I said earlier, to each his own.
Honestly your brother has no clue what he is talking about. There is plenty of lightweight wheels that have style. 360 Forged makes some of the best looking wheels with the biggest lips around and they are much lighter than most multi piece forged wheels made. You can't honestly say HRE, iforged, DPE wheels are ugly.

MHT, Neeper, Niche wheels went out in the early 90's. I think I saw those in JayZ's first ever rap video.

If you wanted chrome wheels, at least get something with some class.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169388
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #20
ZproductionZ
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Honestly your brother has no clue what he is talking about. There is plenty of lightweight wheels that have style. 360 Forged makes some of the best looking wheels with the biggest lips around and they are much lighter than most multi piece forged wheels made. You can't honestly say HRE, iforged, DPE wheels are ugly.

MHT, Neeper, Niche wheels went out in the early 90's. I think I saw those in JayZ's first ever rap video.

If you wanted chrome wheels, at least get something with some class.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169388
Did he say directly that all light wheels are ugly? No, he was inferring that some people actually choose stylish wheels over performance based wheels. We were just talking about how iforged are great looking wheels, but quite expensive. And, honestly, what does it matter to you what kind of wheels I bought or when they were in fad or if they still are or not? Honestly, I guess all the ignorant, arrogant remarks haven't been written yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #21
ismelllikepoop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

like i said before, if you are worried about asinine/arrogant comments then you are in the wrong place. you arent going to win arguing on here, i'd say it's a pretty small percentage of ppl on here that actually post anything worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #22
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

sorry "carbon fiber is the new chrome" - FifthStreez
Appreciate 0