BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

03-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #23
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Honestly, I dont know what you see in those pics that turn you off about the car. The interior isnt as upscale as some of the BMW's and P-cars but its not an uncomfortable place to be. I have the same seats in my Vette as the ZR1 minus the two tone leather and Z embriodery. They're not bad seats. The 1 seats are better but I have taken long trips in the Vette and can go for long periods without a break. Its a hell of alot better interior than a Lotus or some other Sports cars and can be competive with cars costing much more cash. I'll deal with the down a couple notches in overall interior bits and keep 5-10,000 in my pocket and still perform as well(if not better) as those others. To each his own.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #24
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
Honestly, I dont know what you see in those pics that turn you off about the car. The interior isnt as upscale as some of the BMW's and P-cars but its not an uncomfortable place to be. I have the same seats in my Vette as the ZR1 minus the two tone leather and Z embriodery. They're not bad seats. The 1 seats are better but I have taken long trips in the Vette and can go for long periods without a break. Its a hell of alot better interior than a Lotus or some other Sports cars and can be competive with cars costing much more cash. I'll deal with the down a couple notches in overall interior bits and keep 5-10,000 in my pocket and still perform as well(if not better) as those others. To each his own.
I agree strongly, but I believe the masses would a "sexier" interior. It wouldnt be hard to do and woudl improve the entire vette lineup if they did it.
      03-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #25
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

GM has to hear the rants about the interior. They are just taking their sweet time to spiff it up a bit. ???

When I looked at Tahoe's Saturday, strong deals, they had a black and a white ZR1 on the floor.

The white one winked at me. It looked evil in a really good way.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #26
Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by miktrebla09 View Post
I'm sorry, but this does not look like the interior of a 120K car:

I appreciate what the ZR-1 is capable of...but I really wish they would've at least spruced up the interior a bit...
What if we sent it off to Xzibit and he....pimped it...

03-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #27
Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
That always seems to be the argument: This one is way cheaper, performs almost as well, so it must be the winner! Same thing is always said about the Nissan GT-R. For me, it doesn't come down to the price (not that I'm able to afford either car to begin with) but the emotions and prejudices I have when looking at the cars. I like the 911, I don't like the Corvette nor the GT-R. The Dodge Viper ACR is on the "very desired list" for me, so it isn't all about the prestige of the brand name (badge whore.)

The Porsche does it for me. Pinnacle performance, sexy good looks, superior build quality and German heritage. To me, Corvettes starting from the '70s on will always be the "trailer trash car" of the sports car world (C3-C5 really). I know the modern C6's like the Z06 and the ZR1 have incredible performance and are a really good "value", but I just don't respond to them when I see them on the road. But every 911 that drives by, be it a 964, 993, 997 or whatever gets my attention.
No disagreement here, I too would much rather sit in the turbo...its badass

for now I guess I'll have to settle for taking photos of them haha

I was only referring to their odd statement about one being a better track car than the other...while underperforming the "lesser" car on the track for 37k more
      03-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #28
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Maybe I'm not rich enough to be that picky, but if I've got a car that's THAT fast, I could give two shits what the dashboard looks like as long as it functions properly. Maybe I will get pickier with old age.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #29
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

It is no secret that I am a P fan but...

Frig'n hell. The sound man. The sound.

The other guy just may give up when he hears this next to him.

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #30
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Oh.. Do you think he is looking at the interior materials?

Maybe I am in a minority but that is sweet music to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #31
miktrebla09
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: biped

Quote:
I definitely don't think it's ugly..I just don't think they're up to the standards of other 120K cars. Of course, the performance of this car trounces anything 2 or 3 times the price (which is its main selling point). I just think it wouldn't have hurt GM to spend another 5-6K on the interior (we're talking less than a 5 percent increased in price for large gain in driving experience..not a bad investment).

Again, I say this based on the fact that I spend most of my time on the inside of the car, than the car does on a track. Other peope have different priorities.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #32
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
I definitely don't think it's ugly..I just don't think they're up to the standards of other 120K cars. Of course, the performance of this car trounces anything 2 or 3 times the price (which is its main selling point). I just think it wouldn't have hurt GM to spend another 5-6K on the interior (we're talking less than a 5 percent increased in price for large gain in driving experience..not a bad investment).

Again, I say this based on the fact that I spend most of my time on the inside of the car, than the car does on a track. Other peope have different priorities.
I do believe the leather dash comes standard on the ZR1. So while design wise, it looks a bit dull, it isn't plastic.

The reason the seats are bad because the chassis doesn't allow for wider seats to be installed. Hopefully something GM fixes in the C7 chassis.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #33
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:

I was under the impression that high end sports cars(especially when driven at race tracks) should be driven by really, really,really good drivers. My S/C C6 Vette makes over 600 hp and its not a real hard car to drive fast. I havent driven the ZR1 but I'll bet its much better set up than my car to handle the hp/tq it produces.
Dude, I love vette's. I'm one of the people who doesn't care about the interior and ride. But facts are facts.

What I meant was put perfectly by this guy. Scroll down to see.

Quote:
From what I gather, for everyday drivers, it's easier to achieve the times they did around the track for the 997.2 than it is for the ZR-1.

I'm sure if the result was based on strictly performance, and not taking into account subjective observations, the ZR1 would've won.

That said, I'd pony up 20-30 more K for the turbo.
+1 this
      03-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #34
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Dude, I love vette's. I'm one of the people who doesn't care about the interior and ride. But facts are facts.

What I meant was put perfectly by this guy. Scroll down to see.

+1 this
I love the Vette and would love to own that 911 also but what you say is fact and show me a quote of one persons opinion doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The one true fact in the origional article(and only that article, as others will come up with different #'s) is that the Corvette was faster around the track, on that day. Cold, hard numbers are fact.

Im sure many more heads up competitons between the two cars are forthcoming. And you and I and many others will be debating those also.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #35
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
If it didnt have a heat soak issue it wouldnt have a 10 sec limit on overboost. That is the only reason to have an overboost feature in the first place. The Corvette doesnt have one and pumps out over 600bhp for long periods of time. I'll wager that over the course of several laps back to back the Vette would even open up more of a lead and be way ahead.

I was under the impression that high end sports cars(especially when driven at race tracks) should be driven by really, really,really good drivers. My S/C C6 Vette makes over 600 hp and its not a real hard car to drive fast. I havent driven the ZR1 but I'll bet its much better set up than my car to handle the hp/tq it produces.

And to use a word like "horrendous" to describe the Vettes power demonstrates to me the bias afforded the 911. If the P-car had that much hp it would likely be described as "glorious". But thats the way they sell mags. The newer model(especially 911's in this mags case) will often beat last years new phenom regardless what the track numbers say.
Over-boost is only a benefit when the go pedal is mashed to the floor AND only benefits mid-range, increasing max. torque and increasing hp within that rev range. OB does not increase max hp, however.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #36
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Over-boost is only a benefit when the go pedal is mashed to the floor AND only benefits mid-range, increasing max. torque and increasing hp within that rev range. OB does not increase max hp, however.
Understood, Thanks. But my point is, the overboost button is only installed to prevent damage to the engine.

Checked out the pics of your new GT3. Fantastic car, enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 08:20 PM   #37
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yeah, you're right. Not that it matters, but there is no button, fully depressing the gas pedal within the required rev range prompts over-boost. It is very seamless. My .1 turbo had it. I could not feel the difference.

Thanks for the compliment.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #38
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. Not that it matters, but there is no button, fully depressing the gas pedal within the required rev range prompts over-boost. It is very seamless. My .1 turbo had it. I could not feel the difference.

Thanks for the compliment.
Didnt know it was throttle activated,thanks. Although I should have got it after you explained it the first time.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 07:08 AM   #39
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
I love the Vette and would love to own that 911 also but what you say is fact and show me a quote of one persons opinion doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The one true fact in the origional article(and only that article, as others will come up with different #'s) is that the Corvette was faster around the track, on that day. Cold, hard numbers are fact.

Im sure many more heads up competitons between the two cars are forthcoming. And you and I and many others will be debating those also.
Lol, I didnt mean to fact that user's quote.
Anyway, I hope both of them keep on making great cars.
      03-17-2010, 07:40 AM   #40
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Didnt know it was throttle activated,thanks. Although I should have got it after you explained it the first time.
Are you near and/or familiar with Detailing Dynamics in Mineola? They do excellent clear bra work, detailing, etc... One of, if not the, best on the east coast.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #41
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Lol, I didnt mean to fact that user's quote.
Anyway, I hope both of them keep on making great cars.

Quote:
Are you near and/or familiar with Detailing Dynamics in Mineola? They do excellent clear bra work, detailing, etc... One of, if not the, best on the east coast.
I've read about them on a Corvette site I frequent and heard good things. Im going to get the 135i tinted now that the weather is warming up. My guy in Great Neck is no longer there so I will give them a call and check them out. Thanks for the tip.
Appreciate 0