BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #45
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

holy crap, need to seriously consider buying extended warranty now....I need to make a decision by April.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #46
skins333
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 BMW M3 MR/21 X7 40i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
holy crap, need to seriously consider buying extended warranty now....I need to make a decision by April.
Me too!! I called sterling bmw today to get some quotes after reading this. Group buy anyone???
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #47
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins333 View Post
Me too!! I called sterling bmw today to get some quotes after reading this. Group buy anyone???
you know what, when you go in, ask them if they'll cut both of us a deal if you "bring a friend". Ideally, i want them to cut about $500 off Powertrain +, i know it's wishful thinking, but I can't imagine these stuff is flying off the shelves. You had mentioned you wanted Powertrain+ 7yr/70k, just ask them if you bring a friend for the same car and same package, if they can cut both of us a deal.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #48
Blitzblau
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Black Saph Metallic X5M

You all may want to contact my man at Alexandria...his name is Kamal. He sells new cars but if you tell him I sent you, he will try and cut you a deal. It's worth trying...at least compare pricing.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #49
skins333
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you know what, when you go in, ask them if they'll cut both of us a deal if you "bring a friend". Ideally, i want them to cut about $500 off Powertrain +, i know it's wishful thinking, but I can't imagine these stuff is flying off the shelves. You had mentioned you wanted Powertrain+ 7yr/70k, just ask them if you bring a friend for the same car and same package, if they can cut both of us a deal.
Ok, will do. Going to do some shopping around (if you are asking around as well you should also see if anyone will give discount if you get another buyer..I'd be interested). Will let you know if I hear of any better deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzblau View Post
You all may want to contact my man at Alexandria...his name is Kamal. He sells new cars but if you tell him I sent you, he will try and cut you a deal. It's worth trying...at least compare pricing.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #50
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

^yeah, I'm going to VOB this weekend to shop my deal.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #51
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ok, will do. Going to do some shopping around (if you are asking around as well you should also see if anyone will give discount if you get another buyer..I'd be interested). Will let you know if I hear of any better deals.

Thanks!
VOB tries to sell a 3rd party warranty, they don't sell BMW warranty. Cross off my list.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #52
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
bought my BMW extended warranty from Fairfax. I got $1500 off when i bought extended maintenance and warranty (2yr/100k) combined. That and I got a great deal.

Essentially I shopped around and got quotes from different dealers. Fairfax matched the lowest quote and then even went further to discount it more.

Yeah, yeah, I know the animosity of Fairfax on this forum, but hey, they work for me.

I bought the Platinum Warranty which is the highest coverage and is an exclusionary warranty - which means it lists what is not covered.

I am content.

PM me if you want the reps name, since if you mention me and that I referred you, you can ask if he'll give a good deal as he gave me. The only difference is that I have a M5 which the warranty is more expensive for than a M3.

With that said, despite that it is a BMW warranty, it still is expensive, despite the significant discount. Be prepared to pay a lot.

Also, there is some small cost savings if you buy your warranty within the original warranty period of the car as opposed to those cars whose warranty has expired.

BMWs power-train warranty is essentially the same as CPO coverage, which is bare bones and covers major mechanical parts, ie the engine, etc. Gold and Platinum offer more coverage. Just FYI, so if power-train is all you want and need, then that's probably best then.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #53
Blitzblau
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep

The warranty I bought gives me and additional 4yr/50k...so essentially the car will be 8 yrs old before the warranty runs out.

BMW of ALEX recommended I go with this one...it is better than BMW's and cheaper. The only thing is the deductible is $100 and BMW's is $60...

Granted I didn't do much shopping around...

I got mine for around $3,600 and i paid for itself in 3 days....
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #54
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
bought my BMW extended warranty from Fairfax. I got $1500 off when i bought extended maintenance and warranty (2yr/100k) combined. That and I got a great deal.

Essentially I shopped around and got quotes from different dealers. Fairfax matched the lowest quote and then even went further to discount it more.

Yeah, yeah, I know the animosity of Fairfax on this forum, but hey, they work for me.

I bought the Platinum Warranty which is the highest coverage and is an exclusionary warranty - which means it lists what is not covered.

I am content.

PM me if you want the reps name, since if you mention me and that I referred you, you can ask if he'll give a good deal as he gave me. The only difference is that I have a M5 which the warranty is more expensive for than a M3.

With that said, despite that it is a BMW warranty, it still is expensive, despite the significant discount. Be prepared to pay a lot.

Also, there is some small cost savings if you buy your warranty within the original warranty period of the car as opposed to those cars whose warranty has expired.

BMWs power-train warranty is essentially the same as CPO coverage, which is bare bones and covers major mechanical parts, ie the engine, etc. Gold and Platinum offer more coverage. Just FYI, so if power-train is all you want and need, then that's probably best then.
yeah, plus you bought maintenance too, I basically want the Powertrain + and lower mileage version.... so who's your guy?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #55
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

OP i guess we're all curious whether they could have just fixed the problem by itself without giving you a complete engine swap. I know for them, it's probably easier and possibly cheaper for them (as they acquire it at cost) to do the swap, but had you asked for the fix would it even have been possible?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #56
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Guys, I bought my 6yr/100,000 mile Powertrain+ warranty for $2960 from one of the Dealers on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #57
Blitzblau
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OP i guess we're all curious whether they could have just fixed the problem by itself without giving you a complete engine swap. I know for them, it's probably easier and possibly cheaper for them (as they acquire it at cost) to do the swap, but had you asked for the fix would it even have been possible?
If the valve was bent...they replace..

Not replacing my engine...found out today. It was a broken valve spring.
They will fix that.

So...still I recommend the warranty as the amount of labor it took to come to this finding will cost several thousand dollars.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #58
doc19
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT

Just had the same thing diagnosed and fixed and got my M3 back today. I think there are 3 2011s on this board that have had similar issues.
      01-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #59
skins333
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzblau View Post
If the valve was bent...they replace..

Not replacing my engine...found out today. It was a broken valve spring.
They will fix that.

So...still I recommend the warranty as the amount of labor it took to come to this finding will cost several thousand dollars.
Thanks for the update. So, you have 3rd party warranty? Which company? Any hassles through the process?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #60
skins333
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Guys, I bought my 6yr/100,000 mile Powertrain+ warranty for $2960 from one of the Dealers on this forum.
This doesn't sound too bad. Do you mind sharing who you got deal through?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #61
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
This doesn't sound too bad. Do you mind sharing who you got deal through?
Steve Thomas BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #62
Blitzblau
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep

UPDATE

So they went through with a fine tooth comb and found that it was only a valve spring broken. The disassembled the rest of the head and check all the valve springs...no damage.

Replaced and reassembled...road tested...now MISFIRING on Cylinder 3. Another compression and leak down test coming soon to a theater near you. I will let you know the outcome,

The warranty company has been great...no issues at all. Let me get the name for you all. I would suspect we are getting closer to an engine replacement at this time...god I hope so anyway.

Stay tuned...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #63
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
updates?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #64
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

OP is now selling the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #65
Blitzblau
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
OP is now selling the car.
Hey everyone... howzit?

So the car is fully repaired and purring again. It took a while to sort out but in the end they replaced all the valve springs on the passenger side head. Did a second leak down and compression test, road test and everything is tits.

I love the car and all...however I am REALLY happy driving the X5M and would rather just not have the M3 sitting around. Especially since a few people inquired about buying it (not necessarily on here).

So...I am not selling it BECAUSE of the little bump in the road...just the right time. It does have the 7yr/100k warranty so anything that could potentially happen would be covered anyway.

If anyone is interested, give me a shout and I will be happy to let you drive it or whatever.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #66
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
I'm glad it all worked out. Was all the work done at Bmw of Alexandria? I think their service department is pretty good compared to the rest of BMW dealerships in the area.
I might also get their extended warranty from them before mine runs out.
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0