BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

01-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #23
Yummy Tacos
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Are you serious??? This is your first experience with Sticky, or it this Sticky himeself? Probably not, since he makes much better arguments than you.
I don't run the board, but I was here when he use to go at it with anyone who didn't agree with him. it got boring to read and was childish, IMO. He know's his stuff, but anyone who didn't agree with him was talked down to.
Bottom line is, he's been kicked out of MULTIPLE sites for what he says, so it's not just the mods here who got tired of him shooting his mouth off. Also keep in mind a LOT of his posts (and the people he was arguing with) were REMOVED by the mods.

As for the info, anyone who gets Roundel and surfs a little on the E90 site could have put that together. In any case, it's well done, though saying 600wHP from an N54 is pushing the limits, since there have been a few cases of blown motors with 16+psi boost, and they were no where near 600wHP.

So do yourself a favor and join the CCA so you'll get Roundel. Then check up on Bimmefile and flip through Bimmer Magazine along with the big three and you'll know what's up with BMW.

I read over his posts and also all the posts commenting on his article. While everyone else is giving credit where it is due you are being a bitter hater. That is pretty childish IMO, stop being petty and give credit where it is due.

Yep, I read that thread on M5board, he got banned for beating an E39 M5 in his M3. Are you kidding me? He was completely respectful in that thread but seems he was banned for showing evidence, yes actual evidence, that contradicted the E39 M5 owners who wanted to act like their cars were faster than the M3. Even Gustav who runs that board I believe agreed with him.

Oh, so his posts were removed and I am supposed to rely on your memory? Sounds like a personal grudge went on that continues as the censored link in the OP shows. From what I read and from this article, the guy knows his stuff just as you said. No wonder he has his own site.

You mean S54, not N54. Anyone could have put that together? Well why didn't you? Go put something together and let's see how it stacks up until then please keep your negativity out of a good discussion of a fantastic article.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #24
Yummy Tacos
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Anyone who contributes meaningfully to this forum gets banned. He's not the only one that's been chased out. If you don't pray to the God of BMW, they'll find a way to get you out. Having anything but a politically correct vocabulary will even get you kicked out for a while.
LOL!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #25
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Anyone who contributes meaningfully to this forum gets banned. He's not the only one that's been chased out. If you don't pray to the God of BMW, they'll find a way to get you out. Having anything but a politically correct vocabulary will even get you kicked out for a while.
Well that and if you are a rich spoiled kid who buys from vendors, then Jason chooses to take your side over a respected former mod, hence why that former mod doesn't post much anymore.......not naming any names

Cheers,
e46e92

P.S.: waiting to get banned or have this post removed.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #26
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Tacos View Post
I read over his posts and also all the posts commenting on his article. While everyone else is giving credit where it is due you are being a bitter hater. That is pretty childish IMO, stop being petty and give credit where it is due.

Yep, I read that thread on M5board, he got banned for beating an E39 M5 in his M3. Are you kidding me? He was completely respectful in that thread but seems he was banned for showing evidence, yes actual evidence, that contradicted the E39 M5 owners who wanted to act like their cars were faster than the M3. Even Gustav who runs that board I believe agreed with him.

Oh, so his posts were removed and I am supposed to rely on your memory? Sounds like a personal grudge went on that continues as the censored link in the OP shows. From what I read and from this article, the guy knows his stuff just as you said. No wonder he has his own site.

You mean S54, not N54. Anyone could have put that together? Well why didn't you? Go put something together and let's see how it stacks up until then please keep your negativity out of a good discussion of a fantastic article.
Gustav takes down the abusive posts...he was banned for being rude and childish...you just aren't seeing those posts because they get deleted...

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #27
Yummy Tacos
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Gustav takes down the abusive posts...he was banned for being rude and childish...you just aren't seeing those posts because they get deleted...
Oh, so everything you and Aus are saying happens to not exist? That sucks, what does exist is great though.

This is what I see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
We never got far enough to discussing the videos.

Think of it this way Gustav, you control the content and what content is released. This is true, not a lie or accusation, simply how it is. I don't see any reason for you to take that as an insult or accusation.

What would go a long way in my eyes to removing bias, is showing a stock DCT M3 vs. a stock E39 M5 in one of your races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
A stock DCT would kill the E39 M5, esp at speed. I am the first tp say that the M3 walks the M5 E39 at speeds, you see it clearly in my videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
Then it would appear we are on the same page and everything is resolved.
Looks respectful to me and that the guy was right. Writing an article like that takes plenty of maturity and seems he is mature enough to run his own successful site despite censorship? Seems Gustav and some of the others are wound way too tightly and do not know how to have fun. That, and they don't like being proven wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #28
Yummy Tacos
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Well that and if you are a rich spoiled kid who buys from vendors, then Jason chooses to take your side over a respected former mod, hence why that former mod doesn't post much anymore.......not naming any names

Cheers,
e46e92

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #29
Sexual Philanthropist
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Love both of the engines (have owned both) but playing down the bearing issues on the early S54s and not mentioning the bad coil supplier is an oversight imo. The comments about the M3 GTR and Porsche were clearly BMW slanted. Fact is, they worked a loophole for a little while got great results and then packed in. A lot of us were really hoping for a production M3 with a V8.
      01-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #30
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Tacos View Post
I looked through the old posts and looks to me there were great contributions like this one which is one of the best I have ever read. Seems to me everyone likes it and routinely praises it? Where is your article?

Sounds like you are just jealous and bitter, why are you hating? Let's see you put something like this together and if you can't, respect someone who can. Looks to me like the problem is the overly politically correct atmosphere here as the guy succeeded with his own site. Try to congratulate instead of bringing people down, sad...
Sticky gets banned for getting very abusive when folks don't agree with him - and folks very often disagree with him.

This post in regard to the M engine comparison is a case in point. It's a very good article from my point of view, but marred by being so positive about BMW and downright nasty to Porsche. In reality, Porsche has one of the most prolific and successful automotive race histories on the planet, perhaps only secondary to Bugatti in that regard - a towering achievement compared to most vendors, including BMW. It also ignores how the ALMS folks balance everybody's performance over time, typically by messing with minimum legal vehicle weights.

The article is also technically innaccurate in that it credits the E46 engine's better torque-per-liter numbers to having a long stroke. A long stroke does NOT in fact increase torque-per-liter, period.

Bruce

Last edited by bruce.augenstein@comcast.; 01-10-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #31
5erman
Banned
Rep
Drives: black 5 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
Sticky gets banned for getting very abusive when folks don't agree with him - and folks very often disagree with him.

This post in regard to the M engine comparison is a case in point. It's a very good article from my point of view, but marred by being so positive about BMW and downright nasty to Porsche. In reality, Porsche has one of the most prolific and successful automotive race histories on the planet, perhaps only secondary to Bugatti in that regard - a towering achievement compared to most vendors, including BMW. It also ignores how the ALMS folks balance everybody's performance over time, typically by messing with minimum legal vehicle weights.

The article is also technically innaccurate in that it credits the E46 engine's better torque-per-liter numbers to having a long stroke. A long stroke does NOT in fact increase torque-per-liter, period.

Bruce
Actually a long stroke:bore ratio is an indicator of torque and indeed does explain why there is a much closer torque comparo between the 2 compared to the hp
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #32
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post

Cheers,
e46e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post

Bruce
Thanks you. The newb has a big mouth and NO IDEA what he's talking about.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #33
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

That said it is indeed true that tacos are yummy. This is irrefutable.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #34
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

guys just enjoy the article, no need for the unnecessary garbage..

seriously.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #35
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5erman View Post
Actually a long stroke:bore ratio is an indicator of torque and indeed does explain why there is a much closer torque comparo between the 2 compared to the hp
I was going to ask you for particulars, but instead I'll explain why a long stroke does nothing for torque, and then let you refute me.

Take a cylinder, any cylinder, with a relatively large bore and short stroke. Then devise another cylinder of equal capacity, except make it a small bore cylinder with long stroke.

Max leverage (meaning max potential thrust, and therefore torque) of either cylinder occurs when the crank throw and rod are at right angles (90 degrees) to each other, and it's obvious that a longer stroke will deliver more thrust in a proportional way. That is to say, a 25% longer stroke will deliver mechanical leverage that is 25% greater.

However, you had to reduce the bore of your imaginary cylinder with the long stroke in order to keep cylinder capacity the same. Therefore, with a smaller bore, the overall area of the piston crown is reduced, and at any given cylinder pressure, there will be less downward pressure on the piston at any given psi. Ten square inches of piston top at 1000 psi equals ten thousand psi of of downward pressure. Twelve square inches at 1000 psi equals twelve thousand pounds, and so on.

So pick your poison. Big downward thust with reduced leverage, or smaller downward thrust with increased leverage.

As an example, try a 4" piston with a 3" stroke, against a 3" piston with a 5.33" stroke. Both come out to about 37.7 cubic inches.

You'll find that the overall twisting force (torque) delivered to the crankshaft at a given cylinder pressure on each comes out equal, to within rounding errors on your calculator.

Or not.

Refute me, or agree with me.

Bruce

PS - I am assuming identical rod-length-to-stroke ratios on these two cylinders, because life starts to get very complicated indeed if they differ.

Last edited by bruce.augenstein@comcast.; 01-11-2011 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #36
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Thanks you. The newb has a big mouth and NO IDEA what he's talking about.
Aus, was not speaking to Yummy's comment, was actually speaking to the comment made about who is allowed to stay around here and who is forced out that was made back on page 1...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Yummy Tacos == Jon Martin

He's no newb...
.....speaking of the devil.....

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread