BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

EXXEL Distributions

05-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

2013 Spring Drive 5/11/13

The BMW CCA Spring drive is this Saturday; who's going? Since my girl cant go, I will be going and bringing my girlfriends sister (who is cute and single by the way).

Info:

Annual RMC Spring Drive/Lunch 2012

Event Coordinator: Gary Odehnal

This is the event we have all been waiting for. That's right; it's our Annual Spring Drive, Saturday, May 11th, 2013. Dust off your M3, M Roadster or your favorite Bavarian iron let's get out on the kind of roads all that expensive machinery was designed for. As promised, this one will be another tour for lots of grins and outstanding scenery. By popular demand, it's back to my favorite roads in Northern Colorado! You should plan on spending the whole day away from home. You can plan on a return to Denver before 6pm, weather and traffic permitting.
This drive is exactly the same route we have enjoyed on other Northern Colorado Spring drives and nobody has ever complained about the open roads or varied and outstanding high mountain scenery. North Park and the spectacular mountains of the Rawah, Medicine Bow and Zirkel Wilderness are just breathtaking. Make sure your co-pilot has a camera handy, you will find some great shots.

The tour will start at Co's BMW center in Loveland, just west of I-25 at the Crossroads Blvd. Exit (exit 259) and go south to the first light, turn left to the dealership. Look for the parking areas that Co's has set up just in front of the showroom. The crew at Co's has treated us to hot coffee and a Continental breakfast for our crew. Grab some goodies, use the restroom or just say hello to all the friendly folks at Co's as you ogle the selection of fine Bavarian Iron. Last time I was at Co's I fell for that beautiful new M5! Don't forget to thank Brain Bowden for helping us set this up with Co's. Here, we will divide the group into four different subgroups so that we can better manage all level of drivers. There will even be a group for "tour" drivers that are along for the social and scenic aspects of the drive, we will have a group that fits your drive goals.

The actual drive will begin with a trip north from Fort Collins on Hwy 287, where we will turn west on Hwy 14 and travel up the Poudre Canyon to Cameron Pass. This road is a very special two lane ribbon of twisties that will satisfy all enthusiasts of curvy pavement. We will plan a brief rest stop on Cameron Pass and then on to Walden for a special buffet feast at the famous "River Rock Café" in beautiful downtown Walden. You will be impressed by the asphalt parking lot were we can park our "special" cars and the rough-hewn logs, hand selected river rock and rustic interior of this local gathering place.

After lunch, its south to Rand on Hwy 125 and over Willow Creek Pass. This is one of Colorado's premier Sports car routes; you really don't want to miss this road with long sweeping curves, beautiful high alpine meadows and great mountain scenery. Just keep your eyes on the road! It ranks as a must drive in my logbook every year. Then we come back down to earth in Granby where we stop to share some afternoon Ice Cream treats.

Come to enjoy all, and you will be impressed by all the above and the wonderful spring scenery and open roads in Northern Colorado. A real gem of the Rockies and right in my backyard. You really don't want to miss this drive, so clear the board of "Honey Do's" or perhaps bring your honey with you!.

The Denver group should plan on leaving the 120th Ave "Park and Ride" no later than 8:30am, please plan on showing up by 8:15am. The Northern Colorado Homeboys will be meeting the Denver contingent at 9:00am for a 9:30am departure time. Please call or e-mail for lunch reservations by the evening of May 8th. Expect soup and sandwich bar to cost about $12-$13/person with tax and tip included (final costs will be determined by total numbers). If you have any questions or would like to volunteer to be the Denver brigade commander call me at 970-219-9821 or email me at g.odehnal@gmail.com
      05-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
liquord
Victim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe

pics or ban!
Appreciate 0