BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #45
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

I guess that is understandable
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #46
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
What's more surprising to me is no HP bump for the 011's. With the overboost on the 335is up to 360-370 I'm disappointed the M3 didn't get a little bump as well.......
The overboost function affects torque only, not HP. Yes, I know, we could argue all day about the engineering principles behind where you get Tq from, and HP is part of the equation, as well as torque to the wheels equation, but lets leave that for another thread.

I have Dinan Stage I, and I push 366/379 and I won't even try to play with an //M3, I know better, and have helped a few other //M3 owners realize how much faster there car is than mine (with some real world "playing"), its no comparison. If I had the money I would have ordered an //M two years ago, but I didn't (notice didn't, now I do, and I although I love my car, I can't wait to get out of it and into an //M).

Sorry for the slightly OT rant

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #47
MN M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Is it any surprise that BMW made a BUSINESS decision not to bring the GTS into the States? The reality is that (a) the car would have to be priced well above $150k thanks to the collapse of the dollar against world currencies, and (b) the car is not built to US-DOT requirements and would require a number of modifications to be made legal, costing millions in engineering and testing, thereby further raising the sales price to cover these costs. Given the state of the US economy, this is a no-brainer. If someone REALLY wants a GTS and has the coin to purchase one, then they will go to Europe, purchase it there, and work to import it into the US and pay for the "conversion" when it arrives on our shores.

It's like the Performance Seats that everyone complains about - they aren't US-legal seats. It is illegal to install them in a road-registered car. Some people have, but they've only done so through third-party vendors, not a BMW dealership. The dealerships are barred from installing the equipment, and very, if any, others would do it given the liability involved.
2009 E92 M3 - Jerez Black/Black w/ black carbon leather interior, 6 spd., Cold, Premium, Technology, 19" OZ Racing wheels (black), iPod/USB. Mods: aPe air filter, Borla exhaust, H&R sport springs, UUC Evo3 SS w/ DSSR, Power Pulley Kit, carbon kidney grills, Vorsteiner front air dam, carbon side gills, smoked side markers
Appreciate 0