BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

06-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #23
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i

Garage List
V1 can be custom programed. For example, I turned of X band altogether, as well as POP, since neither are used in SoCal. Makes it very quiet when X band is off.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #24
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

9500ix is coming out in July. It has a speed camera database that can be upgraded via a internet database and it has an "autolearn" feature for false alarms. I think it is worth a look.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 01:29 AM   #25
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking I have a V1 and Bel STi Driver they are both Good

This weekend I went from El Paso, Texas to Auston, Texas and back this is what I actually encountered using both radar detectors at the same time and these are my thoughts on both. I think the V1 is good because you can tell what direction front or back and how many police are out there at the same time. I actually had 3 at the same time going in the same direction on the other side of the road back to back. I when I used both radar detectors at the same time I put the V1 at the top of the rear view mirror and the Bel Sti Driver on the driver side far left corner sitting a little below eye level, to peek around vehicles in front of me and to get a good view of traffic on the other side of the road where I would encounter state troopers trying to clock my speed. There were allot of state troopers out here on the high way in Texas due to the up coming 4th of July travel. They were all using Pop or instant on KA radar, and they were no match for both of my detectors. Non of them used laser and if they did I have a Blinder laser gun Jammer for that. The V1 worked the best IMO because I could tell when the police was behind or in front of me. Both radar detectors took turns on which would alert me first. The Bel STi had the advantage just a little because it got full view of the other side of the road when a car would be in front of me. The V1 was really good in Rear alerts it kept on going and picking up pointing to the rear direction after I passed a state Trooper the Bel STi turned off a few seconds after I passed I will leave it up to you which one you pick. If you have to travel through Virginia anytime soon or ever get the Bel Sti If not get the V1 I have the Bel STi driver and Blinder M25 laser Jammer combo for my wife car this is the car I was driving for the trip. I got the V1 with consealed display along with a LI (Laser Interceptor) combo for my M3 when ever I get it from being shipped to me what ever radar detector you get good luck

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,

Last edited by SHADY1; 06-30-2008 at 01:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 02:02 AM   #26
johnL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

You can't beat the V1 if you are willing to spend the money. I've had the Passport on other cars as well, and it did it's job the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #27
HK1971
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93/6MT/Silverstone

Thanks to all

Thanks everyone... i received my V1 this weekend and i'm pleased with the purchase.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 11:29 AM   #28
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Congratulations on your purchase. Now put up some pics or you'll be banned. j/k

Did you get the concealed display? I'm curious where folks are putting them in the M3. I had mine in the ashtray of my E46 M3.