BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #23
AlliDale85
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sliver BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watercooledind Wheels View Post
It really is a shame.. seems like a lot of these threads are popping up now. There was one about someone stealing his stock wheels, keying, etc. etc.

Just a shame someone would do this to someone's property.. the lack of respect is just ridiculous.
Totally agree. Like jjw said, there's even a lack of common courtesy when it come to accidental damage anymore.

I was sitting in my car waiting for a friend to come downstairs so I could take him out, a women parks next to me, (to the left of the driver-side) her son gets out, slams his door into my car door, looks at my shocked expression, and then walks away with not even a breath of an apology. Oh, and the mom didn't even reprimand him, I seethed.

So sorry, man.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #24
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ann Arbor ? Say it isn't so ! Now Columbus, Ohio that I could see
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #25
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Didn't mean to offend you! Sorry if it came across that way

If you need any recomendations for top class detailers out you way I know a few guys from Autopia that do great work. It looks as if it'll need body shop repaired though...

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #26
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

probably some punk as rich high school stoner kids. Seriously I think there's more vandal crimes in the suburbs than anywhere else. All these kids who are bored out of their minds and don't give a shit and all they want to do is chase girls and smoke pot.

Reality will set in with them real quick, in say 15 years, they are the ones who will be working for their classmates, and their kids will be working for our kids.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #27
El_Duderino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
Thank you sir. I hope this person will learn their lesson.

I remember seeing your thread a week ago. lol. I thought, wow that sucks, I hope you catch that jerk. I can't imagine what I would do if that happened to me. Then it happens to me...lol

Thanks TECH!

Thanks Giccy!

I don't understand either. The repaint should be done by this Tuesday, which is good news so far. I just hope it comes out looking as good as it did before it happened.

Or dumb college students. Yup, the University of Michigan has those too.

I concur.

I seem to see vandalism threads quite often these days too. What's more sad is, more of these threads will continue to pop up...

Thanks j2m!

You're right and I agree. I would have no animosity towards someone who accidentally damaged my vehicle. However, people who key cars for the temporary pleasure of giving me a bad day don't deserve an ounce of my sympathy or understanding. I realized this morning, I won't offer them today as well. Instead, I'm starting to feel sorry for whoever did this since they find satisfaction in ruining people's property. Perhaps their life is sadder than I can imagine. For example, not being able to own and drive an M3 (just joking).

I would like to believe that too. But you should visit Ann Arbor. lol. They have various types of people; the good and the bad.

Thanks!

Hahaha!

Thanks Nine!

I'm very meticulous about my car. I walk around it frequently when I'm out or at home in the morning or at night. I don't use an ice scrapper since I never drive in the snow or leave it outside on snowy days. I handwash my car each time I wash it using the two bucket method with grit gaurds. Even if I had a piece of grit in my wash mitt, I would have to push really really hard to get a scratch this deep.

In regards to the direction of the scratch, it's hard to figure out why north to south. Perhaps this vandal wanted to try something different? More importantly, the parking garage I was in doesn't really have much to fall on my car.

Cars getting fixed as I write this. I'll show a comparison of shop repaint vs. factory paint to show how little or how great the difference is. Hopefully, I won't be able to tell from 2 ft. away.

It's not your phone. My iPhone4 with flash is really off. My M3 is Jet Black according to the color#668 stamped on the underside of my hood.

Yes it does suck.

Motorwerks in Commerce township do a solid job with a repaint. True professionals.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #28
ywj3110
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

i live in the campus in Ann Arbor and those idiots just can't drive and park
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #29
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

I feel ya. My ex-girlfriend had a stalker that keyed all of my panels, trunk and hood. Insurance covered it, but it sucked. He is now in a mental facility - no joke.
OE Tuning/Gruppe M Intake/ACS Springs/Vorsteiner CF Type I Rear Diffuser/Textured Matte Black Custom Powdercoated OEM 359s/Painted Reflectors/Matte Grille, Hood Vents and Side Markers/Arqray Race Exhaust/MS Pulley
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #30
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywj3110 View Post
i live in the campus in Ann Arbor and those idiots just can't drive and park
It happened in the parking garage on Forest and S. University. Don't park on the lower floor. lol

By the way, what color is your M3. I see a space gray e92 and e90, and one jerez black on campus quite often. A Melbourne Red one up in north campus, very nice guy.

Last edited by jjw2331; 04-19-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #31
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsiciliano View Post
I feel ya. My ex-girlfriend had a stalker that keyed all of my panels, trunk and hood. Insurance covered it, but it sucked. He is now in a mental facility - no joke.
wow... that's messed up.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #32
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino View Post
Motorwerks in Commerce township do a solid job with a repaint. True professionals.
I was told to go to Automark per Erhard. They did a pretty good job, but if you walk up and stare at it for a good minute comparing panels, you can notice a slight difference in color depth and gloss. Several passes with a polisher might fix that. Surprisingly they got the orange peel down perfect lol. I will definitely consider Motorwerks next time. I've heard good things about them from a buddy of mine and his M5.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #33
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Sorry to see that. God pounded both of my cars recently. Hail damage. Both cars are now fixed and look great. Hopefully you will come out ok with any repair.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #34
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

The more I see these type of threads the more I am convinced I am correct in not DDing my M3 and use it strictly as a weekend pleasure car in controlled situations..

Let the bashing begin

GL OP
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #35
ywj3110
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
It happened in the parking garage on Forest and S. University. Don't park on the lower floor. lol

By the way, what color is your M3. I see a space gray e92 and e90, and one jerez black on campus quite often. A Melbourne Red one up in north campus, very nice guy.
shit bro, sorry to hear all of that.

Mine's space grey e92. Just got meisterschaft gt2 on it. Are you around the campus often?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #36
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Sorry to see that. God pounded both of my cars recently. Hail damage. Both cars are now fixed and look great. Hopefully you will come out ok with any repair.
O man, I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
The more I see these type of threads the more I am convinced I am correct in not DDing my M3 and use it strictly as a weekend pleasure car in controlled situations..

Let the bashing begin

GL OP
I considered driving my M3 less after the incident. Unfortunately, I like driving it too much. lol 16,000 miles in less than 9 months. Without a doubt, there would be less of a chance of bad things happening to my car if I drove it on weekends.

I wouldn't bash you. Ur lucky to have a daily and a weekend car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywj3110 View Post
shit bro, sorry to hear all of that.

Mine's space grey e92. Just got meisterschaft gt2 on it. Are you around the campus often?
Quite often, actually. My girlfriend goes there. I'm class of '09. I've seen your car a lot on campus. I'm the one with the nurburgring decal on my trunk. 한국 분이세요?

I would love to hear your exhaust in person!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #37
Gilou
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Just happened to me two weeks ago. Came back to the parked M to find it keyed for rear driver side panel all the way through the side of the car, door, front fender and up to the top of the hood. They also decided to leave a nice big dent in the back fender by probably punching or hitting the car somehow...
$1500 later, the car looks new again but it made me boil...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #38
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
probably some punk as rich high school stoner kids. Seriously I think there's more vandal crimes in the suburbs than anywhere else. All these kids who are bored out of their minds and don't give a shit and all they want to do is chase girls and smoke pot.

Reality will set in with them real quick, in say 15 years, they are the ones who will be working for their classmates, and their kids will be working for our kids.
Would think more drunks than stoners, what's next, it's a gateway drug?? welcome to the 21st century...
      04-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #39
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilou View Post
Just happened to me two weeks ago. Came back to the parked M to find it keyed for rear driver side panel all the way through the side of the car, door, front fender and up to the top of the hood. They also decided to leave a nice big dent in the back fender by probably punching or hitting the car somehow...
Where did this happen?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #40
Gilou
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilou View Post
Where did this happen?
This was in Midtown Houston while having a drink for HH.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #41
ksflatlander
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

More and more of this stuff going on and it's really sad. Sorry you have to deal with this. Don't wanna be a downer but society in general is just plain degrading as the years go by.

The basic building block of strong families with parents passing on good morals, responsibility and work ethic is and has been attacked and we are seeing more and more evidence of that with each passing generation.

In so many areas, we have just plain lost our way and I fear we are going to see more and more social unrest as time goes by unless we can get back to the basics.

Ok, off the soapbox now... :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #42
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

I've been paranoid about this kinda stuff lately! In the last week I found a couple of creepers hanging around my car. Once in my office parking lot and then some kids at the grocery store. I don't mind people looking, but when I see stuff like this it freaks me out.
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #43
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

I dream about catching these people.

Sucks op, but karma will get this fuck.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #44
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
I dream about catching these people.

Sucks op, but karma will get this fuck.
I hope I never cross paths with a vandal. No matter what happens, there is a good chance that you lose.
Appreciate 0