BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

05-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #23
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazosnic View Post
z06 seems like a tempting proposition....but every time i look at them closely i cant get over the cheapness of the interior and to be honest i still think it has an old man / country stigma going on.

Id rather save for a german or italian 2 seater when the time is right. M3 just meets all my needs right now... if i really want it faster I think the ESS kit is a fairly safe way to go.
But BMW has a worse stigma. Douchebag, metrosexual, assholes. I dont give a shit what "stigma" cars portray.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #24
gazosnic
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
But BMW has a worse stigma. Douchebag, metrosexual, assholes. I dont give a shit what "stigma" cars portray.
True... i guess what im saying is i prefer the quality of the car personally over the corvette. I dont give a crap what others think either...i just personally dont like the cheapness of the car. Same reason i dont want a GTR. Its the ultimate performance bargin, but the interior sucks.
      05-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #25
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
True... i guess what im saying is i prefer the quality of the car personally over the corvette. I dont give a crap what others think either...i just personally dont like the cheapness of the car. Same reason i dont want a GTR. Its the ultimate performance bargin, but the interior sucks.
I think that was probably the case in the past. I sat in a C7 Corvette and a new GTR Black edition in the auto show, and found the interior to be quite pleasant. It didn't really feel any worse than the M3 interior. I actually don't even find the M3 interior to be all that special either. It's still just the usual 3 series interior, with a few M badges and a couple of extra buttons.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 10:45 PM   #26
gazosnic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
I think that was probably the case in the past. I sat in a C7 Corvette and a new GTR Black edition in the auto show, and found the interior to be quite pleasant. It didn't really feel any worse than the M3 interior. I actually don't even find the M3 interior to be all that special either. It's still just the usual 3 series interior, with a few M badges and a couple of extra buttons.
I'll give credit that the c7 has improved substantially, but not to the point i would want to buy one.
      05-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #27
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
Each performance car is a mechanical marvel. That's why I honestly love them all...I loved my Dodge SRT4 probably more than any other car....although the stigma was a trailer park teen POS neon. The "stigma" is human created and therefore is simply a delusion that should be ignored.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #28
gazosnic
Major
Rep

I would probably buy a jeep srt8 before vette. They did a nice design.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #29
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
...i just personally dont like the cheapness of the car. Same reason i dont want a GTR. Its the ultimate performance bargin, but the interior sucks.
Can someone please explain to me the exact features of our interior that make it so amazing? I honestly think it is nice, feels good, nice material, simple,has options, yay...but most cars that are 30k and above have that...so how is it so amazing?

This is an honest question from a guy who doesn't buy 10k watches and wear alligator shoes.. ...

Last edited by M3-S65; 05-09-2014 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #30
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
Can someone please explain to me the exact features of our interior that make it so amazing? I honestly think it is nice, feels good, nice material, simple,has options, yay...but most cars that are 30k and above have that...so how is it so amazing?

This is an honest question from a guy who doesn't buy 10k watches and wear alligator shoes...
I wonder about that too. I actually liked the C7 interior better. It felt more fresh and stylish, and more driver-focused. BMW interior styling is getting old and dated. And the new models don't seem to have had any redesign to their interiors compared to the old platform.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 02:06 AM   #31
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

There is not a single gm engine better than the ls7. I love that car. The m3 offers more luxury and a better daily driver IMO. It's also is more classy if you care about that. That's really all it has going for it over a z
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 06:06 AM   #32
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
There is not a single gm engine better than the ls7. I love that car. The m3 offers more luxury and a better daily driver IMO. It's also is more classy if you care about that. That's really all it has going for it over a z
A 3 series is classy???
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #33
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
A 3 series is classy???
compared to a Vette yeah!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #34
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Based on what exactly? A Made in Germany sticker?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 06:28 AM   #35
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Based on what exactly? A Made in Germany sticker?
Based on what I saw, my friend has a 09 Z06, the car looks as cheap if not cheaper then my Evo x inside, not even close to be on par with my 08 M!

And yes I think my M3 has a classy/sporty interior with top notch materials and very good fit and finish! It's not just a 3series, it's THE 3 series!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #36
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Based on what I saw, my friend has a 09 Z06, the car looks as cheap if not cheaper then my Evo x inside, not even close to be on par with my 08 M!

And yes I think my M3 has a classy/sporty interior with top notch materials and very good fit and finish! It's not just a 3series, it's THE 3 series!
I agree c6 interiors are rubbish but c7 interiors are actually pretty good!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #37
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I agree c6 interiors are rubbish but c7 interiors are actually pretty good!
While I agree that the C7 does'nt look bad and has made a big step up over the C6 interior, the F8x M is also a step up from the E9x, not as big of a step as the Vette took but still a good one! But IMO the M3/M4 interior still has a pretty big advantage over the Chevys!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #38
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
While I agree that the C7 does'nt look bad and has made a big step up over the C6 interior, the F8x M is also a step up from the E9x, not as big of a step as the Vette took but still a good one! But IMO the M3/M4 interior still has a pretty big advantage over the Chevys!
I had a C6 and the interior was all black, was very comfortable, I honestly did not feel a major interior -hard on- when I got my M3....the seats are more fitted with all the adjustments and more comfortable and the carbon fiber trim looks nice..that's it.......
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #39
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65
Quote:
I had a C6 and the interior was all black, was very comfortable, I honestly did not feel a major interior -hard on- when I got my M3....the seats are more fitted with all the adjustments and more comfortable and the carbon fiber trim looks nice..that's it.......
the gauges, the buttons, the radio, the materials used all over the interior look a lot more quality to me, I'm not sure how you can think otherwise but to each his own I guess!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #40
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
the gauges, the buttons, the radio, the materials used all over the interior look a lot more quality to me, I'm not sure how you can think otherwise but to each his own I guess!
Gauges? I didn't even know we have any!

As for the rest, I agree. A lot better than a C6. But not any better than a C7. And really not better than a GTR either.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #41
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Gauges? I didn't even know we have any!

As for the rest, I agree. A lot better than a C6. But not any better than a C7. And really not better than a GTR either.
gauges, cluster, call it how you want it!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:50 AM   #42
nickm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M

Well, I went for a test drive in an 2011 M that is for sale...with DTC, race pipes, exhaust, stop techs, KW coilovers, spacers, flat bottom steering wheel that comes on the Limerock editions, extended wheel studs, brake coolant ducts for the StopTechs. The car is setup exactly to the specs I would eventually set her up as. Clean, simple, track worthy but never tracked... I strongly believe I will purchase the car. It's really a difference compared to the Z, yes not as scary but wow the car moves especially with the DTC, I was taken back. The owner set it for quicker shifts...I'm in love! The rev matching blips are amazing - another factor that sold me..I knew it had it but to actually drive it and experience first, it's definitely a must have. The sound of that motor is euphoric...I want to tear that radio out if I get the car so my gf won't listen to her crap tunes. It's remarkable how when you rev the motor it's quick..truly is a race inspired motor. Warranty is good until 2016, so I really think I may be sold. The car for me is just more practical than my Z06
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 01:15 AM   #43
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC6Z06 View Post
Well, I went for a test drive in an 2011 M that is for sale...with DTC, race pipes, exhaust, stop techs, KW coilovers, spacers, flat bottom steering wheel that comes on the Limerock editions, extended wheel studs, brake coolant ducts for the StopTechs. The car is setup exactly to the specs I would eventually set her up as. Clean, simple, track worthy but never tracked... I strongly believe I will purchase the car. It's really a difference compared to the Z, yes not as scary but wow the car moves especially with the DTC, I was taken back. The owner set it for quicker shifts...I'm in love! The rev matching blips are amazing - another factor that sold me..I knew it had it but to actually drive it and experience first, it's definitely a must have. The sound of that motor is euphoric...I want to tear that radio out if I get the car so my gf won't listen to her crap tunes. It's remarkable how when you rev the motor it's quick..truly is a race inspired motor. Warranty is good until 2016, so I really think I may be sold. The car for me is just more practical than my Z06
ya thats pretty much what makes the M3 great. its not the fastest thing around. but it give a lot more enjoyment than people would think. seeing this comment from a z06 owner should prove it.

you said it right, its a race inspired motor. with the right exhaust the car is pure bliss.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 08:25 AM   #44
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

I am a big Z06 fan, you will definitely miss the low end tq the Z06 has to offer, I think if you had a Supercharged M3 you would be more than satisfied. Other than the power I think the E92 M3 beats the z06 in every other category.
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0