E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > seat belt chime

09-25-2005, 09:02 AM   #45
Aussie_E90_SBLACK_325
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 Sapphire Black

What is the difference between a good driver and a great driver?
Does anybody know of a racing car driver that does not wear a seat belt. Come on guys lets start using our heads. We drive great machines so we should respect their power by wearing a seatbelt. Im just hoping that you guys dont every get into an accident..
      09-25-2005, 09:29 AM   #46
lumberman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

looks like this thread is going no where, at least not helping the original poster

anyway, this is what I do, I live in Macau, where putting a seat belt looks stupid because even police dont' wear them, and you will never get fine for not wearing seat belt. As far as I know, there's no button or software setting to switch off the chimp, instead, I hand cut a seat belt buckle shape from a soft dvd box and put it in the passenger and driver seat, is tidy and the chimp goes away forever
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2005, 09:53 AM   #47
Aussie_E90_SBLACK_325
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 Sapphire Black

I love it, you are right Lumberman it doesnt help the original poster and is getting off topic. I guess people seem to care to much about others. Because when you break all what was posted down to its basic form you will see that people just want to help. I does not take a genius to work out if you dont wear a seatbelt you are asking for trouble. They only make things like wearing seatbelts law because of stupid people that cant work it out for themselves and or the country cares about its people. I bet if we did a survey of countries who value the lives of their citizens the most will do what it takes to protect them. The U.S does not value its citizens.. I know i am a US citizen living in Australia.
I could be wrong but i would be interesting to find out.
      09-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #48
Kurupt1811
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdheaven
p.s. no one (including me) ever said anything about NOT wearing a seatbelt. the question was. "How do you turn off the reminder chime" am i the only person that sees a difference between the two?
Really?
Quote:
the distance in time from my apartment to my apartment office is 2 minutes. do i need to wear my seatbelt to go those 2 minutes. definitely not. do i need to listen to that sound literally the whole time there. definitely not. the distance from my work to the sushi place is 3 minutes of backroads. do i need to wear my seatbelt to go 30 mph on backroads. no. do i need to hear that sound almost the hole way there ,turn my car off, and then hear it the whole way back. definitely not.
I rest my case.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2005, 06:21 PM   #49
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

back to the subject briefly

if it's like older bimmers (which it's probably not) there was a separate buzzer for the chime located under the dash, same as the door open buzzer

you could disconnect that easily, I always disconnected the door open buzzer in my older cars,

if the buzzer is created with the speakers you'll probably not be able to do this
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2005, 06:53 PM   #50
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt1811
Really?

I rest my case.
kurupt, i REALLY hope you feel like the cool, Internet smart guy. Cause really you aren't accomplishing anything else. Why don't you wait to post something when you have something actually useful or intelligent to say, instead of just being the annoying, talk crap guy?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #51
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i xDrive

Quote:
kurupt, i REALLY hope you feel like the cool, Internet smart guy. Cause really you aren't accomplishing anything else. Why don't you wait to post something when you have something actually useful or intelligent to say, instead of just being the annoying, talk crap guy?
ahahaha, is that the best you could summon up?

The truth is between the exposure of the foglight thread and this one, we (and I mean everyone who reads them) will understand you for who you are from what you write and how you respond. It's just that not everyone takes the time to comment. Anyways, that's it from me on this thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2005, 08:06 AM   #52
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
I dont say it over and over. Nor would I tell you what to do
Just giving a way to stop the sound

For interest we dont get that chime here ( well you can actually pay to have it added, but who would ever do that )
This was a post from page one of this thread.

For interest, WE DO GET IT HERE STANDARD! The optional extra on the price list was a mistake. It's bloody annoying when I'm between choosing parkings, but...i just buckle up again! :P
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2005, 10:12 AM   #53
cdheaven
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor
ahahaha, is that the best you could summon up?

The truth is between the exposure of the foglight thread and this one, we (and I mean everyone who reads them) will understand you for who you are from what you write and how you respond. It's just that not everyone takes the time to comment. Anyways, that's it from me on this thread.

maybe you were expecting me to come up with this sweet dis, and talk a bunch of shit. but thats not really why i come to this site. unlike most people appearntly.
but definitely dont pretend like you "know" someone because of 2 things they write on a interenet message board.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2005, 10:13 AM   #54
cdheaven
Rep

p.s. i know how you guys hate it when we stay on topic here. but i went to the dealer today and they said they only thing they can disconnect is the rear airbags for those of you with kids. He said there is no way to get rid of the chime for the seat belts. then he said.....
"Haha. trust me, you arent the first person to ask. people ask all the time about the stupid seatbelt chime"
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2005, 10:33 AM   #55
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
p.s. i know how you guys hate it when we stay on topic here. but i went to the dealer today and they said they only thing they can disconnect is the rear airbags for those of you with kids. He said there is no way to get rid of the chime for the seat belts. then he said.....
"Haha. trust me, you arent the first person to ask. people ask all the time about the stupid seatbelt chime"
after all that.........thanks cdheaven.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2005, 11:20 PM   #56
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran
does anyone know if we can turn off this sealt belt chime? its annoying.
i got this off of bimmerfest...im quoting this btw.

"I have finally figured out how to make the pleasant *!*!* chime stop when you don’t put on your seatbelt. Not that I don’t where my seat belt, but I live in a gated community and visit my neighbors often. Anyway, how to disconnect: First prop your seat all the way back , tilted back and raised as high as possible. Next, kneel on the ground so your body is on the floor of the car so you can reach the under part of the seat. Next, locate a yellow wire harness located under the seat. It will be located on the right hand side on a mounting bracket. Grasp the bracket firmly and wiggle it toward the rear of the seat, do not pull up, only straight back. Once removed cut the back tie wrap holding the wires together. Next, hold the wire harness in your left hand and, with a pinching motion pull out the black tab with your left hand. The black tab should slide with little effort. this will disengage the connector to the wire harness. Next, with you nails find the two tiny plastic tabs holding the wiring blocks into the wire harness and pry them open just enough to slide out the first block. Follow with the second block. On the second block you will see a red and a black cable. With a safety pin push down the tab that holds the wire in the harness and slide out the two cables. The only problem I have found is that the check airbag light comes on. I will post pics later."

this is the thread-

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114406
      10-07-2005, 11:33 PM   #57
NaTuReB0Y