BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #111
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
radiantm3's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
3,874
Posts

 
Drives: >1000 HP in my garage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.80]
2013 BMW X5M  [4.33]
2014 BMW i3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
and as for the guys saying they pass GTRs on track, it must be the driver then.
That's my point. I have much respect for the car itself.

How much HP do you have? If you are pushing close to 1000, you can probably go 20mph through corners, blast through the straights and still be faster than most cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #112
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
UnaBomber's Avatar
2
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
That's my point. I have much respect for the car itself.

How much HP do you have? If you are pushing close to 1000, you can probably go 20mph through corners, blast through the straights and still be faster than most cars.
my road race tune makes about 830whp and in my opinion thats the absolute sweet spot for a road race GTR.

The JRZ RS Pros tuned by Leh Keen at VIR and Roebling road dont hurt either

Heres a lap with Leh driving at Roebling in my car

__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #113
s65e90
Banned
6
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoFlo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
Good story bro, this VSS kit is it new in the market?

I'll film the next FBO GTR run and post it for you


will it be from a dig or more "roll racing" as we know real races start from a stand still and any GTR is gonna put bus lenghts on an M3.

Shit my EVO would've driven circles around my m3 on the street and track!

Alot of funny GTR haters on this board. Our cars are nice, but no where's near a "fast" car
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #114
elusive303
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: e36 m3 turbo, e92 m3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Norcal, Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
my road race tune makes about 830whp and in my opinion thats the absolute sweet spot for a road race GTR.

The JRZ RS Pros tuned by Leh Keen at VIR and Roebling road dont hurt either

Heres a lap with Leh driving at Roebling in my car

These are the best type of GTR videos, King Leh behind the wheel on a road course!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #115
TrevorM3
Major
14
Rep
1,471
Posts

 
Drives: S54
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

[quote=Killerfish2012;14366814]Me and a friend of mine got eaten by godzilla at a local race track a few months ago. You guys are lucky, cuz on the streets the whooppin' is over in a few seconds.[/QUOT




Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #116
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
radiantm3's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
3,874
Posts

 
Drives: >1000 HP in my garage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.80]
2013 BMW X5M  [4.33]
2014 BMW i3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s65e90 View Post

Shit my EVO would've driven circles around my m3 on the street and track!
Comparing modded vs stock is pointless.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #117
Killerfish2012
Major
20
Rep
1,396
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Me and a friend of mine got eaten by godzilla at a local race track a few months ago. You guys are lucky, cuz on the streets the whooppin' is over in a few seconds.
True story bro. Vids are in this thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822797
__________________
E90 335I: FBO +wavetrac LSD
E92 M3: K&N, Rouge Engineering Pulleys, Macht Schnell Test Pipes, Pagid S, V1
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #118
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,024
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
Good story bro, this VSS kit is it new in the market?

I'll film the next FBO GTR run and post it for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
What is VSS?

Very Special Supercharger
you would think coming to BMW M car forum that people here would be more mature...

The guy drives a GTR, not a BMW. give him some slack geez..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #119
TrevorM3
Major
14
Rep
1,471
Posts

 
Drives: S54
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
you would think coming to BMW M car forum that people here would be more mature...

The guy drives a GTR, not a BMW. give him some slack geez..


Most M guys can't handle the fact that the GTR is a beast in every aspect.

That's the main problem, the lack of respect.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #120
MrSmoothEM3
Private First Class
MrSmoothEM3's Avatar
1
Rep
111
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 black M3 coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2meg00se View Post
I dunno - he wanted to go - wasn't going to decline.

Got C63 AMG'ed a couple of week ago too. Rough month haha
But at the end of the day the Nissan looks like ass and the Mercedes reliability is in question. You have the better of the three vehicles IMO.
+1
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #121
exmowner
Captain
exmowner's Avatar
15
Rep
962
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3\\\
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
you would think coming to BMW M car forum that people here would be more mature...

The guy drives a GTR, not a BMW. give him some slack geez..
I'm all for slack, but try going onto GTR forum and posting about how superior the m3's interior materials are and you'll get banned.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #122
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
234
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Red GTR
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
I'm all for slack, but try going onto GTR forum and posting about how superior the m3's interior materials are and you'll get banned.
I seriously doubt it. We talk about many different cards on the GTR forum. Some cars are better at different aspects than the GTR. You would not get banned as long as you're not trolling. And even then, as long as you're respectful in tone, you probably wouldn't be banned.

AllanLambo who likes to bash the GTR even though he owns it has yet it be banned.

As a GTR owner, I know the strength and weaknesses of the GTR. The interior materials aren't the best. They're fine, but not M3 material. The car is loud, the transmission makes tons of noise. But the car is fast as hell, and confidence inspiring.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #123
exmowner
Captain
exmowner's Avatar
15
Rep
962
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3\\\
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaforever View Post
I seriously doubt it. We talk about many different cards on the GTR forum. Some cars are better at different aspects than the GTR. You would not get banned as long as you're not trolling. And even then, as long as you're respectful in tone, you probably wouldn't be banned.

AllanLambo who likes to bash the GTR even though he owns it has yet it be banned.

As a GTR owner, I know the strength and weaknesses of the GTR. The interior materials aren't the best. They're fine, but not M3 material. The car is loud, the transmission makes tons of noise. But the car is fast as hell, and confidence inspiring.
True great car for the money,
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #124
pkimM3r
Banned
pkimM3r's Avatar
95
Rep
7,321
Posts

 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityM3
Hahaha...also got GT-Rd the other weekend early sunday am...he and I took off up a hill from about 40 mph to 100 before hit windy section...actually kept even with him pretty well (he didn't pull away), but once we hit the curves it was game over for my car and he was pulling bus lenghts! Was actually impressed the M kept up with him up the hill at WOT, but the GT-R is different animal altogether once it combines speed with corners. Afterwards we waved to each other....fun being the underdog sometimes!
He was probably in the wrong gear lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #125
positiveions
Lieutenant General
positiveions's Avatar
Lebanon
114
Rep
10,529
Posts

 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
he apologies in those threads, then continue to "spice things up" with more troll magic. Now he's criticizing a Dinan tune.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...7#post14361827
Guy talks out of his ass.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #126
Optherion
Lieutenant
Optherion's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas

iTrader: (0)

I got Aventador'd and mclaren'd the other night in my GT-R.

Our M3 camera car got lost somewhere as well lol as well as one gopro is now MIA

and then all of us were walked to the park by a Ford GT
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #127
beemerdude5150
First Lieutenant
9
Rep
384
Posts

 
Drives: E92 AW M3 Loaded
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
I got Aventador'd the other night in my GT-R
Whoa
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST