BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

07-30-2015, 01:09 AM   #23
Limey
EXC MIII
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3
Damn... I just had my rod bearings done... Never crossed my mind that it would be a good idea to do the mounts at the same time to save labor.

I asked the shop to check the mounts and they said they where still ok... Didn't advise me to change them... Grrr
Well at least you had them checked. If they were toast a new set is only a dealership away. Labor in the mounts is several hours. Prob over $6-800 installed depending on spec.

Check out my build: Limey's E90 | Daily Driver Evolved

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 01:27 AM   #24
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Well by ok... The rubber showed cracks but not toast... So will likely need to be changed after a season of track days... On hind sight I should've asked to change it.

So $600 to $800 plus cost to re align plus time away from work to pick up/ drop off (that's pto and productivity potential lost).

Anyhow... Your car looks awesome in person... Dropped my car off at the shop yesterday to redo the alignment they did before after my rod bearing change and coilover install. Should be ready by tomorrow, but I don't think I can pick up till Friday cause of work. I left my car parked next to yours
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 01:29 AM   #25
Limey
EXC MIII
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3
Well by ok... The rubber showed cracks but not toast... So will likely need to be changed after a season of track days... On hind sight I should've asked to change it.

So $600 to $800 plus cost to re align plus time away from work to pick up/ drop off (that's pto and productivity potential lost).

Anyhow... Your car looks awesome in person... Dropped my car off at the shop yesterday to redo the alignment they did before after my rod bearing change and coilover install. Should be ready by tomorrow, but I don't think I can pick up till Friday cause of work. I left my car parked next to yours
Thank you!

Check out my build: Limey's E90 | Daily Driver Evolved

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 06:11 AM   #26
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
No I did not. My past cars showed a considerable amount of increase in NVH from transmission mount upgrades so I skipped them for the time being. That and the only ones I found at the time were solid and I'm not into that. Even though my commutes are short and I DD the car in good weather conditions, I didn't want to get too crazy with it. If I did, I would drive the car even less and I only average about 4k a year now. I can always add the transmission mounts later, but I'm happy with them as is.
Thanks for replying. I am going to research transmission mounts and if i find any that have low to no NVH i will let you know.

Last edited by Lone Star M3; 07-30-2015 at 07:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 10:25 PM   #27
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey
I just ordered UUC's http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/engin...pair-p410.aspx

I'll report back on them on my build thread soon.

Thank you
I had them in first and they have a noticeable amount more vibration at idle compared to stock as well as the Vibratechnics mounts. I have the street version and there is no NVH over stock but the responsiveness and ease of shifting is nicely improved over stock. I'm definitely glad I switched them out.
Hmmmm I only saw the racing version on their site. Oh well if I don't like them they'll go. I'm not a fan of exhaust drone but I'm enjoying all the other noises and am not too concerned about the prospect of increased NVH but we'll see I guess.

How long did you run the racing versions then? I understand most mounts soften up over time and over torquing can reduce travel/increase stiffness, and subsequently NVH.
I only ran the UUC mounts for a couple weeks. Idle vibrations bother me so I swapped them out. Vibra has road and racing applications. The road mounts are what I have. http://www.vibra-technics.com/bmw/e909293_m3_only
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 10:38 PM   #28
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
I only ran the UUC mounts for a couple weeks. Idle vibrations bother me so I swapped them out. Vibra has road and racing applications. The road mounts are what I have. http://www.vibra-technics.com/bmw/e909293_m3_only
how do you like the road mounts? noise? feel? how do they compare to oem?