BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

BPM

09-22-2019, 12:49 AM   #1
e90_will
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

1997 white M3 Coupe 79k miles Clean title

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
For sale is my 1997 BMW M3

DSC03033
DSC03000
IMG_1018

IMG_1012
DSC03024
DSC03040

More photos at the link provided:https://www.flickr.com/photos/606194...57710874057298

Car Details:
Color: Alpine white on black
Transmission: 5 speed manual
Title: Clean CA Title, with perfect auto report.
Registration and smog was just Paid for in late april so still have 7 months of registration.
No accidents, all vins are present
I have an autocheck report for the car, but can also provide the vin for anyone wanting to run their own carfax for the vehicle.
Owners: I believe I am the 4th owner
Mileage: 127,500 km ~ 79,200 miles (originally a canadian car so odometer is in KM)
Price: is pretty much firm and will only entertain buyers who are looking to spend near my asking price.
Contact info: (se7ven 14) 88 Six - 789Tw0 text is preferred. Give me a text at my number listed if you are interested in the vehicle, Please come see it in person as you wont be disappointed. Can answer any questions or send any more photos as requested to any serious parties.

Hi, I present to you my e36 m3. The car was originally a Vancouver car hence the speedometer being in KM. The car has been legally imported and federally legal and holds a clean California title that is in hand to sign over to the next owner. Car is essentially stock besides known problem issues that needed to be swapped out being the age of the car and that it is at the end of the day a e36 m3. I would say the car is pretty much mint and shows extremely extremely well for an e36. There is virtually no flaws on the exterior and interior as is super common with these era bmws. If you are an interested buyer I highly suggest you come check out the car in person before making an offer.

The cars engine and transmission are in amazing condition and I would not hesitate to drive this car anywhere! I recently drove the car 2000 miles from Vancouver Canada to LA with no issues what so ever.

If you are local I highly encourage any serious buyers to come view the car in person as you will not be disappointed! I can work with anyone's shipping carrier/shipping service arrangements for non local buyers as well but also would not be scared to road trip this car if you were thinking of taking that option.

Exterior:9.5/10
The exterior is virtually flawless for a car of this age. The notable issues with the exterior are maybe 1 or 2 tiny door dings on the car and a couple minor imperfections in the paint in some spots. The only other sign of wear is the exterior window trim moldings are mostly cracked at the edges due to age. Other than that this car basically looks like it is brand new.

Interior: 9/10
The only flaws in the interior is there is a little bolster wear on the drivers seat, that includes a slight tear on the right bolster. However that is the only flaw on the Vader seats and they are in very nice shape considering all the rough torn vader interiors I am accustom to seeing on the market. The passenger seat is virtually flawless as well as the back seats. The LCD check control system LEDS have gone out as is super common in these. Other than that this car's interior shows much nicer than 98% of the other e36's i've encountered around la. I noticed there is a very slight sag in the headliner above the drivers window and a tiny bit of headliner sag on the sunroof portion, but these are very minimal and are hard to notice. The only other thing that shows its age is the drivers side floor mat.

Mechanical:
The engine and transmission on this car are very healthy and show no signs of any faults or issues. The valve cover is not leaking oil, and the transmission shifts smoothly and does not have any issues going in or out of gears. Car fires up every time and is ready to be driven by the new owner. Everything on this car works. The sunroof opens and closes, windows function properly, speakers all operate properly etc.

The only notable flaws is there is a tiny bit of power steering fluid slowly leaking, but there is no issues with power steering otherwise. There is also no "washer fluid" in the car so sometimes the check control light comes on with the indication "check washer fluid low" faintly appearing in the dying lcd control. I personally have no use for this feature so I have not addressed it, the washer fluid plastic container itself has a slight leak so it will not hold washer fluid if filled. Other than that the car runs and drives perfectly, all the regular e36 issues have been addressed and the car is ready for its new owner. The only thing I would suggest for the future owner is that if I were keeping the car for the next few years, I would personally want to refresh the suspension bushings with poly over the oem rubber stuff just to refresh the car and make it really feel like an almost new car. There is nothing wrong with the current function of the suspension, it is just something I would do personally if I were going to be keeping the car for a few more years and I would like to be completely transparent about the condition of the vehicle.

Recent maintenance done within the last 50 miles:
Oil change - mobil 1 w/OEM bmw oil filter
Coolant flush using OEM BMW Coolant
Shifter bushings replaced with a delrin bushing kit
New Bilstein shocks all around
New front and rear rotors and brake pads

Aftermarket Upgrades:
Bmw BBS style Five wheels: wheels arent in the best shape, they have some curb rash and damage but look nice on the car especially compared to the stocks comes with basically new set of 215 tires.
Mishimoto cooling system including an aluminum overflow tank, thermostat, electronic fan.
Bluetooth headunit - necessity
Alcantara M shift boot and parking brake boot (oem leather ones will be included)
Euro clear Corners

Last edited by e90_will; 10-07-2019 at 02:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Pic link 404's, plz fix.
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 10:54 PM   #3
e90_will
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
Pic link 404's, plz fix.
Fixed. Sorry about that
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 05:42 AM   #4
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Car looks good. Nice to see a genuine wing car (no 3rd light in the back window) for a change. Every E36 I've looked at over the past few years has been a dealer-installed or aftermarket wing.

Regarding the KM display: from what I've read on the forums, the conversion is simply having a new overlay put on the speedo and then change the LED to to statute miles in coding. Did you ever look in to doing this?
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 09:31 PM   #5
teasang
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3/zhp

1997 E36 m3 white

Hey, is your m3 still up for sale? If so, Could i get your number for faster communication?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #6
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

This is insanely clean and would be a perfect daily... love it
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 02:03 AM   #7
e90_will
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teasang View Post
Hey, is your m3 still up for sale? If so, Could i get your number for faster communication?
Pm'd you my number, my phone number is also listed in the listing above as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 04:07 PM   #8
e90_will
Private First Class
Rep

bumpp
Appreciate 0