BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

04-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #23
dnotorious
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan DCT

So I got your PM; and I too made that move to the M from the 335i. You can read many review and write ups about the difference between a 335i and the M3. I am not going to tell you anything different from what you already know.

But i do know why people ask this same question? the probably for the same reasons

1. You Modded your 335i and did the math and you could have owned a brand M3's by now <- this was me
2. Your Stock 335i has more HPFP failures than you expected; you go from 300hp to 2ponies
3. You dont get as many looks as the M3 in a parking lot. Only M3 owners notice you 335 or perhaps other 335i owners
4. Lately, you dont look back at your car whilst walking away from it.. (no luv, no doubletake)
5. You want more car, more handling, more power and then you say keep it reliable and everyone scratches their head.
6. You need to track this runt and then go to work and make it back in time to pickup the kid from daycare.
7. You read too much M3Post and drink the E90Post Coolaid
8. You own PS2/3 or xBox360 and have a slew of FM2/3/4 and GT2/3/4/5 and perhaps a wheel for logitech G27 FTW

Sure this forum will point you into the right direction; i didnt bother with M3Post in my research; i was just fed up with my 335i ; I replaced injectors/turbos (yes wtf)/manifold/countless CEL's; Stranded weekends; car spent more time in warranty @ dealer..

I drive alot (needless crusin; coz I work from home 5 days a week); so for me; its all about performance on tap; luxury on flex; I like to challenge this car; with the 335i it wasnt up to my standard of driving abuse.

Moving into M3 was purely a move based on performance; i didnt care of the interior blah blah.. just gimme a motor and the 6MT and im a happy camper.

As everyone says drive the beast and you know what I am talking about; I PM'd you my cell if you wanna chat about it. Your biggest concern is always torque; but lemme tell you about horsepower; this whip wines the motor like a bike; if you have ridden a bike this is how you need to drive the car; in the high rpm; once you realize it doesnt break or go into limp; you smile changes from an I "idiot" to an M "motorsport"
E90 2007 BMW 335i - 6SPD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #24
335twins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x3 M40i, 2019 M2Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnotorious View Post
So I got your PM; and I too made that move to the M from the 335i. You can read many review and write ups about the difference between a 335i and the M3. I am not going to tell you anything different from what you already know.

But i do know why people ask this same question? the probably for the same reasons

1. You Modded your 335i and did the math and you could have owned a brand M3's by now <- this was me
2. Your Stock 335i has more HPFP failures than you expected; you go from 300hp to 2ponies
3. You dont get as many looks as the M3 in a parking lot. Only M3 owners notice you 335 or perhaps other 335i owners
4. Lately, you dont look back at your car whilst walking away from it.. (no luv, no doubletake)
5. You want more car, more handling, more power and then you say keep it reliable and everyone scratches their head.
6. You need to track this runt and then go to work and make it back in time to pickup the kid from daycare.
7. You read too much M3Post and drink the E90Post Coolaid
8. You own PS2/3 or xBox360 and have a slew of FM2/3/4 and GT2/3/4/5 and perhaps a wheel for logitech G27 FTW

Sure this forum will point you into the right direction; i didnt bother with M3Post in my research; i was just fed up with my 335i ; I replaced injectors/turbos (yes wtf)/manifold/countless CEL's; Stranded weekends; car spent more time in warranty @ dealer..

I drive alot (needless crusin; coz I work from home 5 days a week); so for me; its all about performance on tap; luxury on flex; I like to challenge this car; with the 335i it wasnt up to my standard of driving abuse.

Moving into M3 was purely a move based on performance; i didnt care of the interior blah blah.. just gimme a motor and the 6MT and im a happy camper.

As everyone says drive the beast and you know what I am talking about; I PM'd you my cell if you wanna chat about it. Your biggest concern is always torque; but lemme tell you about horsepower; this whip wines the motor like a bike; if you have ridden a bike this is how you need to drive the car; in the high rpm; once you realize it doesnt break or go into limp; you smile changes from an I "idiot" to an M "motorsport"
hehe, great review, appreciate it. I completely agree with you on most of the things you said. I was actually at the dealer getting my car serviced and they had 2008 m3, but this one was off of a lease, so i didnt even consider it, but they let me start it up, didnt have time to drive it but i bet i would fall in love, mmm that engine sound....
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #25
335twins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x3 M40i, 2019 M2Comp

ok, i found 2 m3, below are the links, how much would you pay for these OTD:

1- http://www.bmwnorthscottsdale.com/de...d-8291850.html

2- http://www.chapmanbmw.com/Phoenix-Us...M3-320359A.htm <--this one was rear ended, dealer states that it was very minor fender bender.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #26
wdlfbio
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 4S, 2015 3500 HD Dually,

Neither has heated seats. I'm assuming you are in the SW part of the state, so no big deal. The first on says 19" alloy but 18" down below. Satellite radio adds a bit if you care about that. But, I'd want to know the specifics of the rear ender accident before I'd look seriously. And, Comfort Access, is a great feature, but didn't see on either. You seem like you're not in a hurry, so get everything you want.
Appreciate 0