BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

06-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #3697
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Thanks

By the way, where the heck have you been all this time?

And guys, We doing Bucks by the Roxy this time?

D
i'm down for bucks by roxy... let me see if tightie can come out also
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #3698
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by makarov88 View Post
I work at jostens its grad/class rings company and the last month has been, well hellishly busy wouldn't even describe it in terms of graduations.

I heard about the meet like 2 weeks back but just havn't been able to make it out due to work
Ha, nice thats where my ring is from way back from 99.

D
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #3699
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
Should we really change locations? what if some new peeps that dont check the boards all that often head out to coffee bean
lol, up to you guys...

Quote:
I work at jostens its grad/class rings company and the last month has been, well hellishly busy wouldn't even describe it in terms of graduations.
i've been wanting to get my ring resized... it's a josten's ring but it's like 13 years old. lmao.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #3700
makarov88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N55 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
lol, up to you guys...

i've been wanting to get my ring resized... it's a josten's ring but it's like 13 years old. lmao.
haha bring it in, you're under warranty for life! was that you I rolled up on asking to come to the fields with me and warren the other night?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #3701
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
haha bring it in, you're under warranty for life! was that you I rolled up on asking to come to the fields with me and warren the other night?
yeah that was me hahaha... it was theriz sitting passenger and we had just got back from a long day in LA.

kinda shocked me to see someone chasing me up woodcreek but when i saw the halo's i figured it was another enthusiast
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #3702
makarov88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N55 335i M-Sport

on a side note, bout to leave to run decker if anyone is interested I'l be on here for like 10 min just to see but if not I'l catch you gents later (and ladies if there's any on here )
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #3703
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
on a side note, bout to leave to run decker if anyone is interested I'l be on here for like 10 min just to see but if not I'l catch you gents later (and ladies if there's any on here )
have fun and be safe sir!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #3704
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
this guy went to one 3in pipe all the way back instead of the 2 2.5in

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534019

I also want to do a custom quad set up soon by replacing the midpipes and axleback portion with straight piping
That sounds pretty good. Do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
don't know that there is necessarily a "benefit" to one over the other... If ever i had to build a naturally twin turbo car, i would probably try and switch to bigger single turbo. less moving parts, and most likely less to mess up.
So true.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #3705
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Not sure what we should do. But if we go to coffee bean, I'm putting my front plate on and keeping my windows down.

D
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #3706
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I feel like going to the driving range tomorrow... Anybody care to join me?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 01:32 AM   #3707
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
I feel like going to the driving range tomorrow... Anybody care to join me?
Went to the driving range Saturday night with some buddies, it was pretty fun, after rims and coilovers, i'm getting a nice set of clubs and committing myself more to the game.

I wouldn't mind a new location, just for this coming wednesday, maybe a few of us "stock looking" guys can roll over and round anyone up who's at the bean and didn't get the memo...

For smooth power delivery, turbos should be matched with the displacement of the engine. Thats why BMW chose the tiny turbos on the N54.They work well with a 3.0L engine meaning they spool up very quickly and they don't run out of steam too early (earlier than we tuners would like, but not too early for stock applications)....if you dont match the turbo well, you will have varying degrees of lag at one end of the spectrum (where the turbo is too big for the application, so the turbo needs time to spool up with the little air (displacement determinant) that is being pushed through it) or the other end, top-end power falls flat, turbo failure, thermal meltdown, etc. (where the engine is too large for the tiny turbo(s) and spools them so quickly that the turbos cant spin faster as the rpms increase, the turbos will be adding a lot of heat to the compressed air and will eventually self destruct)

Turbo's all have their own efficiency ranges and power profiles, so smaller turbos have lower sweet-spot and peak boost (psi) numbers and larger turbos have higher sweet-spot and peak boost numbers. So to a smaller turbo, like stock N54 little turbos, 7psi (stock boost) is probably right around the sweet spot, "coolest operation : boost" ratio,...So when someone with a tune forces the N54's turbos to run 14-15psi, they are surely running the turbos at a hotter end of the efficiency curve, the turbos are spinning faster than they *should* and therefore they adding heat to the compressed air (inefficiency)

Not many turbo tuners out there for the N54, but the few that are out there, are basically modifying the stock turbo internals to modify the efficiency curve to give cooler operation at higher boost levels...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #3708
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
Went to the driving range Saturday night with some buddies, it was pretty fun, after rims and coilovers, i'm getting a nice set of clubs and committing myself more to the game.

I wouldn't mind a new location, just for this coming wednesday, maybe a few of us "stock looking" guys can roll over and round anyone up who's at the bean and didn't get the memo...

For smooth power delivery, turbos should be matched with the displacement of the engine. Thats why BMW chose the tiny turbos on the N54.They work well with a 3.0L engine meaning they spool up very quickly and they don't run out of steam too early (earlier than we tuners would like, but not too early for stock applications)....if you dont match the turbo well, you will have varying degrees of lag at one end of the spectrum (where the turbo is too big for the application, so the turbo needs time to spool up with the little air (displacement determinant) that is being pushed through it) or the other end, top-end power falls flat, turbo failure, thermal meltdown, etc. (where the engine is too large for the tiny turbo(s) and spools them so quickly that the turbos cant spin faster as the rpms increase, the turbos will be adding a lot of heat to the compressed air and will eventually self destruct)

Turbo's all have their own efficiency ranges and power profiles, so smaller turbos have lower sweet-spot and peak boost (psi) numbers and larger turbos have higher sweet-spot and peak boost numbers. So to a smaller turbo, like stock N54 little turbos, 7psi (stock boost) is probably right around the sweet spot, "coolest operation : boost" ratio,...So when someone with a tune forces the N54's turbos to run 14-15psi, they are surely running the turbos at a hotter end of the efficiency curve, the turbos are spinning faster than they *should* and therefore they adding heat to the compressed air (inefficiency)

Not many turbo tuners out there for the N54, but the few that are out there, are basically modifying the stock turbo internals to modify the efficiency curve to give cooler operation at higher boost levels...
I have a nice set. It's a shame that I haven't played in such a long time. Golf is a fun game IF you treat it as just that, a game. Once you start to take it too seriously because you're constantly trying to improve your score, it isn't fun anymore. If you're naturally good, your skill will develop over time. If not, just get out there and enjoy yourself.

And thanks for the info about the turbos!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 01:57 AM   #3709
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

Quote:
I have a nice set. It's a shame that I haven't played in such a long time. Golf is a fun game IF you treat it as just that, a game. Once you start to take it too seriously because you're constantly trying to improve your score, it isn't fun anymore. If you're naturally good, your skill will develop over time. If not, just get out there and enjoy yourself.

And thanks for the info about the turbos!
ive hit up the driving range 2 out of the past 3 days...I need to get out at least 1 or 2 more times before friday...I am playing in a tournament in San Fran with my dad and grandpa haha should be interesting. I hit pretty well last night actually.
      06-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #3710
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ive hit up the driving range 2 out of the past 3 days...I need to get out at least 1 or 2 more times before friday...I am playing in a tournament in San Fran with my dad and grandpa haha should be interesting. I hit pretty well last night actually.
Lets go to the range!

Which course are you playing at, BTW? SF has some great courses, but they're very tough!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 02:21 AM   #3711
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lets go to the range!

Which course are you playing at, BTW? SF has some great courses, but they're very tough!
I have no idea actually my dad and I dont even know when tee off is...my grandpa is in charge of all that. Its an event hosted by this "club" my grandpa is in, basically some OG Portuguese guys getting together.

I'll text you next time I go! The last two weeks have been so busy for me. I will probably go Wednesday and Thursday night after work after 6:00. Ive been going to tom barber...I dont really like camarillo springs, but we can go there if you want.
      06-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #3712
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have no idea actually my dad and I dont even know when tee off is...my grandpa is in charge of all that. Its an event hosted by this "club" my grandpa is in, basically some OG Portuguese guys getting together.

I'll text you next time I go! The last two weeks have been so busy for me. I will probably go Wednesday and Thursday night after work after 6:00. Ive been going to tom barber...I dont really like camarillo springs, but we can go there if you want.
You hit from mats there, right? I've never been a fan of mats. They are very forgiving and don't give you true results (but they're fun, I guess).

When I used to play, I would go to River Ridge a lot. Their range is pretty nice.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 02:43 AM   #3713
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You hit from mats there, right? I've never been a fan of mats. They are very forgiving and don't give you true results (but they're fun, I guess).

When I used to play, I would go to River Ridge a lot. Their range is pretty nice.
id be down to go there...ill hit you up thursday night. Hehe I forgot the meet was wednesday night
      06-20-2011, 03:04 AM   #3714
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
id be down to go there...ill hit you up thursday night. Hehe I forgot the meet was wednesday night
Ok, sure. I'm not sure if they're open at night though, but we could always find somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 03:05 AM   #3715
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, sure. I'm not sure if they're open at night though, but we could always find somewhere else.
haha tom barber in moorpark is open til 10pm! Seacrest out!
      06-20-2011, 03:09 AM   #3716
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Tom Barber, it is!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 04:42 AM   #3717
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
I've never really been to the range or have my own clubs... I did hit golf balls on a cruise ship a few times and had some fun.

When are u guys going?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #3718
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thursday night, it looks like. Want to come?
Appreciate 0