BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #2465
BOOF-M3
Lieutenant Colonel
BOOF-M3's Avatar
United_States
975
Rep
1,825
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Pasadena Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoldie187 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
It is a nice one that you have there.
Hehe, I love it so much.
Why are you thinking of letting it go? It's a once in a lifetime M3 right there. Low mileage 2013 in mint condition.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #2466
crgp10
New Member
1
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kansas city

iTrader: (0)

Purchased: December 2017.

2010 E92 M3 6MT. Alpine White CF roof

Transmission: 6MT.

Miles: 62k

Options: Fully loaded. Cold weather, premium sound/Idrive, carbon roof. Comfort
PSS Tires
CF rear diffuser , CF spoiler, CF side mirrors

Purchase price: 26k

Plan on doing OEM exhaust mod,
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #2467
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
Teufel_Hunden's Avatar
United_States
620
Rep
890
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgp10 View Post
Purchased: December 2017.

2010 E92 M3 6MT. Alpine White CF roof

Transmission: 6MT.

Miles: 62k

Options: Fully loaded. Cold weather, premium sound/Idrive, carbon roof. Comfort
PSS Tires
CF rear diffuser , CF spoiler, CF side mirrors

Purchase price: 26k

Plan on doing OEM exhaust mod,
Congrats. Good price.
__________________
2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP|AA Signature Exhaust|aFe Stage 2 Intake|Carbon Fiber Splitters|Carbon Fiber High Kick Spoiler
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #2468
crgp10
New Member
1
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kansas city

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
Congrats. Good price.
Thanks I believe I got lucky with this one!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 09:37 AM   #2469
crzydave17
Enlisted Member
28
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

When purchased: Nov 2017
Year and Model: 2009 E90 M3
Miles: 84,500
Options: No Idea
Transmission: 6MT
Aftermarket: Cat delete, stage 2 tune

Price: $21,000
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #2470
NoHedge
Private First Class
NoHedge's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: Honda Accord LX V6
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzydave17 View Post
When purchased: Nov 2017
Year and Model: 2009 E90 M3
Miles: 84,500
Options: No Idea
Transmission: 6MT
Aftermarket: Cat delete, stage 2 tune

Price: $21,000
You can check using your VIN here: https://www.bmwvin.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 08:45 PM   #2471
crzydave17
Enlisted Member
28
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHedge View Post
You can check using your VIN here: https://www.bmwvin.com/
Thanks! I just found out that my mirrors fold in. Sweet!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 09:36 PM   #2472
ItsGary
First Lieutenant
ItsGary's Avatar
Canada
83
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzydave17 View Post
Thanks! I just found out that my mirrors fold in. Sweet!
did u know ur right mirror also points down when u go into reverse
__________________
Instagram: @Namsaur
Pictures of my M3
https://imgur.com/a/T6wra
Have everything I could ever want yet I'm still sad.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 10:13 PM   #2473
crzydave17
Enlisted Member
28
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
did u know ur right mirror also points down when u go into reverse
Haha! Yes, that is a bit more obvious.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #2474
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
Teufel_Hunden's Avatar
United_States
620
Rep
890
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzydave17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHedge View Post
You can check using your VIN here: https://www.bmwvin.com/
Thanks! I just found out that my mirrors fold in. Sweet!
hahaha
__________________
2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP|AA Signature Exhaust|aFe Stage 2 Intake|Carbon Fiber Splitters|Carbon Fiber High Kick Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #2475
Bimmer me up
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2008 535iX 6 speed
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (0)

Looking at 2011 M3 E93 tomorrow

I am looking at 2011 E93 tomorrow. Dark Blue and Tan, 60,877 miles listed $28,799. If I buy it will be my 4th BMW. Currently have 535iX 6MT with all options, but 204,000 miles (bought it 4 years ago w/ 80K for $17,500). I commute 35,000/year on highway, but may keep 535iX to reduce miles on M3 (at least til Spring). I am concerned about rod bearing repair, can someone tell me how much that repair will cost (about)? What do you think about this car? I want M3 (badly), but do not want to screw up. Any aftermarket warranties any good? Link to car below:

http://www.carfactorydirect.com/vehi...ct-id-21944897
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #2476
ItsGary
First Lieutenant
ItsGary's Avatar
Canada
83
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Owner Wannabe View Post
I am looking at 2011 E93 tomorrow. Dark Blue and Tan, 60,877 miles listed $28,799. If I buy it will be my 4th BMW. Currently have 535iX 6MT with all options, but 204,000 miles (bought it 4 years ago w/ 80K for $17,500). I commute 35,000/year on highway, but may keep 535iX to reduce miles on M3 (at least til Spring). I am concerned about rod bearing repair, can someone tell me how much that repair will cost (about)? What do you think about this car? I want M3 (badly), but do not want to screw up. Any aftermarket warranties any good? Link to car below:

http://www.carfactorydirect.com/vehi...ct-id-21944897
Cost depends on what bearings you go with and the garage.

Anywhere between 2k-4kUSD
__________________
Instagram: @Namsaur
Pictures of my M3
https://imgur.com/a/T6wra
Have everything I could ever want yet I'm still sad.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 05:55 PM   #2477
Silverstoneorspacegray
Private
17
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 09 Space Grey e92
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Owner Wannabe View Post
I am looking at 2011 E93 tomorrow. Dark Blue and Tan, 60,877 miles listed $28,799. If I buy it will be my 4th BMW. Currently have 535iX 6MT with all options, but 204,000 miles (bought it 4 years ago w/ 80K for $17,500). I commute 35,000/year on highway, but may keep 535iX to reduce miles on M3 (at least til Spring). I am concerned about rod bearing repair, can someone tell me how much that repair will cost (about)? What do you think about this car? I want M3 (badly), but do not want to screw up. Any aftermarket warranties any good? Link to car below:

http://www.carfactorydirect.com/vehi...ct-id-21944897
First this to know is that the car is actually Jerez Black. It will look blue in some light, purple in others and black in others.

If you plug the vin into bmwvin.com you can see the options it has. For the cost of a warranty you can get the rod bearings done and then have 2-3 grand left over for other repairs. The Carfax is blocked for me at work so I can't opine but I'm sure others will chime in
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 06:09 PM   #2478
Bimmer me up
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2008 535iX 6 speed
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Cost depends on what bearings you go with and the garage.

Anywhere between 2k-4kUSD
ItsGary: Thank you. Good to know my liability. If I buy it I will need good mechanic not too far from RI to do the rod bearings as well as which bearings most recommend be installed. I assume the BMW dealer would charge a lot more than $2k-4k
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #2479
Bimmer me up
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2008 535iX 6 speed
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstoneorspacegray View Post
First this to know is that the car is actually Jerez Black. It will look blue in some light, purple in others and black in others.

If you plug the vin into bmwvin.com you can see the options it has. For the cost of a warranty you can get the rod bearings done and then have 2-3 grand left over for other repairs. The Carfax is blocked for me at work so I can't opine but I'm sure others will chime in
Silverstoneorspacegray: Thank you I wondered about the color too. The CarFax says reported black, then reported blue. I will use the bmwvin.com to see options more accurately than listing. CarFax says no accidents (or anything else wrong) 2 owners: 1st 30K by leasee, 2nd Certified sale to second owner who put 30K on it. Maintained at BMW dealer. I look at 2 Alpine white 2008 E93's with more miles and a little less money ($500-$2000) but since same engines in both 2008 and 2011 choose 2011 due to electronic systems having the hard drive
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 07:49 PM   #2480
ItsGary
First Lieutenant
ItsGary's Avatar
Canada
83
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Owner Wannabe View Post
ItsGary: Thank you. Good to know my liability. If I buy it I will need good mechanic not too far from RI to do the rod bearings as well as which bearings most recommend be installed. I assume the BMW dealer would charge a lot more than $2k-4k
I don't think BMW would even do the job.

I'm sure you can find someone from RI here who has gotten the job done. Make a thread
__________________
Instagram: @Namsaur
Pictures of my M3
https://imgur.com/a/T6wra
Have everything I could ever want yet I'm still sad.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST