BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

09-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #23
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Someone with OEM catback with Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe - could you tell me what the sound and drivebility is like please? I don't intend to do any ECU mods and mainly looking at getting the a nice aggressive sound with the stock system.
Given how popular Fabspeed product is and given the excellant customer feedback on Jeremy's service I am very close to getting the system shipped to Australia. I need that little bit convincing. It's a long way to send back the system if I don't like it and I don't want to a difficult customer. I rather do all the homework and make the right decision.
I want to know the drone - b'cos there some already with the OEM system in the 2k rpm range - is removed with the HFC and the noise level please?
      09-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #24
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Revving Clips w/ Eisenmann Sport

10-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #25
Jeremy@Fabspeed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Jeremy did you leave the stock donut gasket between the header and cat in place or was it taken out? Getting the car dynoed this Saturday to compare to my stock run so hope I get some decent numbers.
The stock donut gasket is left in place between the header and HFC.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #26
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed View Post
The stock donut gasket is left in place between the header and HFC.
Cool thanks! That is what we did.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #27
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

the stock pipes are so damn ugly...
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 02:48 AM   #28
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNDoN View Post
If anything get the Fabspeed HFC and X Pipe first. I guarantee you will not be disappointed with the sound or the hp increase. If I had to start modifying my car again this would definitely be the first mod that I would do.
DoNDoN,

I already have the Eisenmann race like you. In my opinion, the design is beautiful and the sound is absolutely perfect! The issue is the sound I have now is ideal. I do not want to go any louder, my main concern is cabin noise/drone. Right now it's comfortably quiet in the cabin with the race exhaust, can't even here it with the premium stereo on. But with an x-pipe, I'm really worried the noise level will go too loud. I park inside at my high-rise, and when I start up my car the walls rattle and the car vibrates because of the Eisenmann Race. Imagine an x-pipe, my motorcycle next door would fall down. Essentially, I want an exhaust/fabspeed setup where the noise will be at par or no louder than the Eisenmann race. That is why I am inclined to going with the Vanguard TI system.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 06:34 AM   #29
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
DoNDoN,

I already have the Eisenmann race like you. In my opinion, the design is beautiful and the sound is absolutely perfect! The issue is the sound I have now is ideal. I do not want to go any louder, my main concern is cabin noise/drone. Right now it's comfortably quiet in the cabin with the race exhaust, can't even here it with the premium stereo on. But with an x-pipe, I'm really worried the noise level will go too loud. I park inside at my high-rise, and when I start up my car the walls rattle and the car vibrates because of the Eisenmann Race. Imagine an x-pipe, my motorcycle next door would fall down. Essentially, I want an exhaust/fabspeed setup where the noise will be at par or no louder than the Eisenmann race. That is why I am inclined to going with the Vanguard TI system.
If you love the Eisenmann Race sound/tone, then my suggestion if you go with the Xpipe and HFC and you are worried about it being loud is for you to go to the Eisenmann Sport. I have that combo and it is perfect. I have not heard the Vanguard TI, so can't comment on that.
      10-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #30
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
If you love the Eisenmann Race sound/tone, then my suggestion if you go with the Xpipe and HFC and you are worried about it being loud is for you to go to the Eisenmann Sport. I have that combo and it is perfect. I have not heard the Vanguard TI, so can't comment on that.
Ben335,

I have actually thought about that setup plenty of times, but to go from Eisenmann race to sport would seem like a step down in terms of overall performance. My objective is to prepare the car for a supercharger, and mentally knowing that i'm switching out the race exhaust (which supposedly dynos higher) for a sport exhaust would irritate to me. Also they are the same brand, so really the excitement factor is minimized and the end result is I lose money for the same looks with less noise. With the Vanguard Ti, the dyno looks competitive and the weight savings is awesome. Not only that, the aesthetics is a major selling point. I may purchase the fabspeed instead of the Vanguard first to see how loud it is. What ever I do, i am posting a review of my whole car because it should be done until the ESS supercharger is released.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #31
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Ben335,

I have actually thought about that setup plenty of times, but to go from Eisenmann race to sport would seem like a step down in terms of overall performance. My objective is to prepare the car for a supercharger, and mentally knowing that i'm switching out the race exhaust (which supposedly dynos higher) for a sport exhaust would irritate to me. Also they are the same brand, so really the excitement factor is minimized and the end result is I lose money for the same looks with less noise. With the Vanguard Ti, the dyno looks competitive and the weight savings is awesome. Not only that, the aesthetics is a major selling point. I may purchase the fabspeed instead of the Vanguard first to see how loud it is. What ever I do, i am posting a review of my whole car because it should be done until the ESS supercharger is released.
Look at it this way. There is such a minimal difference between how a Race and Sport Dynos. The fact of the matter is you really just don't gain much with a axle back exhaust only, just sound. The gain come from doing the HFC and Xpipe. That is where you really see it. DonDon and I both dynoed. He has the Race and I have the Sport. We dynoed identical.
      10-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #32
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

Quote:
DoNDoN,

If you want to keep the sound and vibration down then you need to get rid of the Eisenmann Race if you want to do the Fabspeed HFC and X Pipe. Ben has the Sport and I think it is the perfect solution for a daily driver. Either way you need to get the Fabspeed stuff because the HP alone is worth the price. The sound is just an added bonus.
      10-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #33
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNDoN View Post
If you want to keep the sound and vibration down then you need to get rid of the Eisenmann Race if you want to do the Fabspeed HFC and X Pipe. Ben has the Sport and I think it is the perfect solution for a daily driver. Either way you need to get the Fabspeed stuff because the HP alone is worth the price. The sound is just an added bonus.
Agreed... The race sounds awesome by itself but I don't want the noise level to be amplified. That's why I am inclined to the Vanguard system. Does anyone here have any input of whether the Vanguard is louder than the Eisenmann sport?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #34
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Agreed... The race sounds awesome by itself but I don't want the noise level to be amplified. That's why I am inclined to the Vanguard system. Does anyone here have any input of whether the Vanguard is louder than the Eisenmann sport?
There is a member here that just had the Vanguard. Darwin316. PM him and get his thoughts.
      10-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #35
Blade929
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325Ci - E90 ///M - 330 - X5D

I had the opportunity to hear both Ben and Don drive away from me when I was at a meet. Both cars sound very, very good. Don's is very aggressive but still not as loud as my buddy's Agency on his E46 M3. The loudness is very subjective so I think the best thing to do is try to get a ride with someone with a setup similar to what you plan. ie I need to get Ben to give me a ride Good to see you guys again.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #36
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade929 View Post
I had the opportunity to hear both Ben and Don drive away from me when I was at a meet. Both cars sound very, very good. Don's is very aggressive but still not as loud as my buddy's Agency on his E46 M3. The loudness is very subjective so I think the best thing to do is try to get a ride with someone with a setup similar to what you plan. ie I need to get Ben to give me a ride Good to see you guys again.
You're welcome to take a ride anytime...

Last edited by Ben335; 10-10-2009 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #37
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
The install went smoothly and once the car was off the lift, I took it for a quick spin to see how the car ran. WOW....you can instantly feel the increase in power in the car. It is truly amazing. We all look for mods that give us power and this one definitely delivers without a doubt. If I were to start over from the beginning, this would be the first mod that I would do performance wise as it really does deliver at a very reasonable price. The car is so much more powerful all over the rev range. The revs are freerer and quicker to climb as the engine is breathing much better now.

Sound wise it is great. Not that much louder than my Einsenmann Sport alone. When you get on the gas though, the sound is much more aggressive and raw. It is a bit louder, but as a comparison, it is still quiter than a Eisenmann Race in my opinion. For those that are looking for a bit more sound from the Eisenmann Sport, this is the item for you. If you daily drive your car also, this fits your bill.

Your review is spot on.

I just had my Fabspeed Xpipe with resonators and HFC installed today as I also have an Eisenmann Sport. Big thanks to the guys at IND for hooking it up!

Just wish i didnt wait this long to get it done. My car sounds like an absolute beast when you romp on the gas. Yet if you just want to cruise around its pretty tame. Exactly what i was looking for.

Next up.. a tune.

Last edited by Crazy Bimmer; 11-19-2009 at 11:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 11:26 PM   #38
tinpot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Agreed! This thread assisted with my decision to buy a Fabspeed x-pipe and HFC. Last week I had a Fabspeed x-pipe installed on my M3 and I made 20whp, which is very impressive given I had stock mufflers at the time. At idle my car sounded the same as stock; on the gas the Fabspeed x-pipe came to life.

I’ve now added an RDSport exhaust (plus various other goodies ) to my M3 and my car sounds perfect. The jewel in the crown, though, is my Fabspeed x-pipe
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #39
disruptv
Major
Rep
Drives: 3M

Garage List
09 3m  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@Project 808 View Post
Your review is spot on.

I just had my Fabspeed Xpipe with resonators and HFC installed today as I also have an Eisenmann Sport. Big thanks to the guys at IND for hooking it up!

Just wish i didnt wait this long to get it done. My car sounds like an absolute beast when you romp on the gas. Yet if you just want to cruise around its pretty tame. Exactly what i was looking for.

Next up.. a tune.
Congrats!!

Lets get some clips up...btw r u planning on doing a tune ?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #40
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by disruptv View Post
Congrats!!

Lets get some clips up...btw r u planning on doing a tune ?

Im letting a friend borrow my camera but ill see what i can do.

I do plan on getting a tune but most likely not till Spring. Kinda curious to see what else is out by then, if anything.
      11-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #41
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
But yes, the Vanguard w/ Fabspeed is my ideal setup to replace my Eisenmann.
That is EXACTLY what I am looking for as well. SOMEONE DO IT! lol I need to hear if it still sounds good.
      11-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #42
Robwe46m3
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 Ruby Blk M3 Individua

I am having my Vanguard Ti / Fabspeed HFC w/ resonated x-pipe combo Installed on Dec. 2.... will post after installation
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #43
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Dondon, is your fabspeed pipe resonated or no?
      11-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #44
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Dondon, is your fabspeed pipe resonated or no?
Yup. I am still loving it.