BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

06-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
dizzyj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

went to the dealer to day to inquire about an m3

im wanting to buy an m3 sedan 08 to 11 everything is on the table. from ordering one, to ED delivery to buying a used 08.

long story short, the dealer said that m3s were so rare that you just had to jump on whatever came on off the boat. The could order one, but they would have to have an allocation. Also said that prices wouldn't be much less than msrp

I asked him about cpo's n other states. He said its out of his region, so he cant recommend it, but that he would not buy a cpo from another dealer without flying there and checking the car out.

really thinking of giving dave a cal ass see what invoice for at d90 would cost.

Last edited by dizzyj; 06-21-2010 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: fixing speling
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
bonedoctor
Dreamer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyj View Post
Also said that prices wouldn't be much less than msrp
Of course he's going to say that. He wants to make an addition $5000 from you.

Read the last 3 pages of the pricing thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346708

Then read the rest of this section.

Then go to kbb.com, submit an inquiry to the dealerships. Work through the internet fleet manager, price out the car that you want exactly. Then get it for invoice +600 to 1500, never anything more.

Then when you pick up the car, walk by the salesman and stare him down for a minute. Then smile your way to your new M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR

Quote:
im wanting to buy an m3 sedan 08 to 11 everything is on the table. from ordering one, to ED delivery to buying a used 08.

long story short, the dealer said that m3s were so rare that you just had to jump on whatever came on off the boat. The could order one, but they would have to have an allocation. Also said that prices wouldn't be much less than msrp

I asked him aobut cpo's n other states. He said its out o his region, so he cant recommend it, but that he would not buy a cpo from another dealer without flyin there and checking the car otut.

realy thinking of giving dave a cal ass see what invoce for at d90 would cost.
The guy is a liar and a sleazeball. Don't waste your time with him for another second! Maybe just to send him a copy of your deal when you get your M elsewhere.

Btw what the hell happened with your last sentence? Did you do like 5 shots of tequila before that one
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #4
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Don't listen to that dealer. As special as an M3 is, it's just another car. Compare years, options and price, and get the car that best suits what you're looking for. Also, as previously mentioned, the pricing thread is proof that a well educated buyer can custom order an M3 for very close, if not at invoice price. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
dizzyj
Second Lieutenant
Rep

sorry, I wrote that on my iphone, and didnt realize how bad the spelling ended up being thanks for the input
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #6
elh0102
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

Don't know where in TX you are, but there are 40 new M3's currently listed within 500 miles of Dallas. You should be able to buy one for $500-$700 over invoice.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
sorry, I wrote that on my iphone, and didnt realize how bad the spelling ended up being thanks for the input
Just bustin your balls Just remember that your negotiating starting point should be up from invoice not down from MSRP. I believe that $1,000 over invoice is plenty of margin for a dealer who isn't all about gouging you. I bought my E92 from David Aviles who is at www.eurocarsonline.com and he is a good guy and will sell you a car configured as you desire for around $100 over invoice. He's down in the DC area for pickup (nice little get acquainted with your new M drive home) but I'd also recommend PCD. Wherever you go good luck and don't accept that BS from a stealer
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
dizzyj
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm in Austin and have to problems going to Dallas or Houston.
I am needing a sedan, those seem a bit more sparse.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #9
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm in Austin and have to problems going to Dallas or Houston.
I am needing a sedan, those seem a bit more sparse.
Sorry didn't notice you were in TX, I hear Austin is a great town. I believe you can have David ship the car you order from him to you for an additional $500 so that's still about $600 over invoice if you get no joy from your local dealers. That way you get the exact car you want
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
M2011
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Rare? Thats a good one. I used the BMW website to submit inquiries over the internet to dealers throughout California. Every one emailed me back - "sure, no problem, we'll order one for you" was the concensus response. I got mine for invoice + ~$800.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

Pick up your car from another dealer then go back their and slap him with your window price sticker. You might get charged for assault but it would seem worth it.